Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Should have gotten more out of that game and won more comfortably.  Too many chances given to them at the end but thankfully they f***ed it up.  0-1 flattering to us because apart from that wonder strike we didn't look that dangerous.  The "Shots on Goal" stat might be a biggish number but none of them were dangerous besides Ben Arfa's. 

That said, he and Tiote both looked mint and I think this team could do well once they settle a little more. 

edit: not trying to be negative ... thrilled we won, just thought it was a bit nervy and not at all comfortable.

As opposed to Everton's onslaught of endless great chances?

Yeah, that was the last 10 minutes.  What game were you watching? A different day would have seen one or both of Yak and Felliani score. 

Again I'm happy with the result but it was nowhere near the awesome team performance some are making out - beyond Ben Arfa, Tiote and Carroll it wasn't anything too special. 

Guest lebowski

I f***ing love Tiote and Ben Arfa. Over the f***ing moon.

Great play also from Enrique and Colo. And well played to Krul coming on like that and making some solid saves.

I know we all handed Tiote MOM early on, but I have to say that I thought Barton might have deserved it as well, had an immense game

Yeah agree about Barton, I think thats the best I,ve seen him play for us. My man of the match I think

Should have gotten more out of that game and won more comfortably.  Too many chances given to them at the end but thankfully they f***ed it up.  0-1 flattering to us because apart from that wonder strike we didn't look that dangerous.  The "Shots on Goal" stat might be a biggish number but none of them were dangerous besides Ben Arfa's. 

That said, he and Tiote both looked mint and I think this team could do well once they settle a little more. 

edit: not trying to be negative ... thrilled we won, just thought it was a bit nervy and not at all comfortable.

As opposed to Everton's onslaught of endless great chances?

Yeah, that was the last 10 minutes.  What game were you watching? A different day would have seen one or both of Yak and Felliani score. 

Again I'm happy with the result but it was nowhere near the awesome team performance some are making out - beyond Ben Arfa, Tiote and Carroll it wasn't anything too special. 

One where we were the better team for most of the game and Everton barely had a chance bar the two in injury time when we were trying to see it out. What match were you watching?

I think it would of been more comfortable had it not been for the ref's terrible performance. That pen decision was crazy, especially since he seemed to be well positioned to see it. Had we got that and scored, would not of had that nervous end and I think overall would of been very one sided

I'd love to see this at some point.

Krul

Raylor    Williamson    Colo\Sol      Enrique

Routledge        Tiote            Ben Arfa 

Barton

Jonas

Carroll

Thought Tiote looked decent, but he hasn't got great vision and won't be pinging 50 yard crossfield balls about. That said, he played to his strengths and kept it simple, didn't do a lot wrong all game and a massive step up from Smith.

tell you what, our scots derserve some massive credit. couple of gems those two like.,

I looked at this post for about 5minutes thinking 'What pair of Scottish lads do we have?'

:lol:

Yeah, I was thinking Calderwood and who else :lol:

Help me, someone. Is it Carroll and someone else?

tell you what, our scots derserve some massive credit. couple of gems those two like.,

I looked at this post for about 5minutes thinking 'What pair of Scottish lads do we have?'

:lol:

Yeah, I was thinking Calderwood and who else :lol:

Help me, someone. Is it Carroll and someone else?

*u  ;)

Jonas anywhere in the centre scares me. Does he have any attributes that are useful in a second striker role?

He's actively bad at any sort of shooting, absolutely woeful. Ben Arfa has a cracking shot, good dribbling, heaps of pace = perfect for the second striker role.