Everton 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 18/09/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Notable that Ben Arfa's best work (including the goal) came from a central position.

This is true, but that may be due in part to him being able to drift inside. If he was playing there permanently, he'd be watched more closely, I'd imagine.

Aye. Nolan's been good today as well.

Can't believe how good Ben Arfa's goal was.  You can't believe it.  Out of nothing.  Just biding his time about 25 yards out, eases the ball to his left foot, then BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Into the upper right-hand corner like a laserbeam - Howard had no hope.  We haven't seen anything like that in ages. 

And Tiote is just awesome.  Awesome.  Totally controlling things in the center.

As would I. Seems like Hughton intends to play Barfa wide though.

Ben Arfa is better in the middle as he has the freedom to go either side, if we try to play him wide then we'll not get the best out of him.

LMAO at Barry Horne, fair enough hes ex everton but he has been ridiculoulsy biased abd he finally admits

"Yeah, I think Newcastle have shaded this half"

:lol:

The commentary is so biased it's untrue. All the way through the first half it's been like listening to an Everton supporter in the stands commentate.

I laughed at that like.  "Shaded".  Ridiculous punditry.

As would I. Seems like Hughton intends to play Barfa wide though.

Ben Arfa is better in the middle as he has the freedom to go either side, if we try to play him wide then we'll not get the best out of him.

Makes sense to play him wide left today. Hibbert is the weak link and Ben Arfa could take the piss, whereas shunting Barton there just makes us lopsided.

I agree though, I'd like to see him play off Carroll in the future.

Right he needs to be in the middle though where he has more space to operate, he needs to get used to not getting as much time on the ball as he would like.

If he had more space he could have more time on the ball but being out wide he is getting caught in possession to much.

The goal is a fkn belta, man we have needed a player like him for so long would love to see him in the middle with Jonas doing more of the direct running out wide.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

hatem ben arfa la la  la la la

I actually didn't scream when it went in. Silence for about 5 seconds. It was amazing.

I laughed like some sort of insane caffeine fuelled hyena for ages. :lol:

My reaction was loud and aggressive.  My neighbours are probably shit scared.

Mine was a bit more girly than i'd ever like to admit. I sounded...erm...pleasured.  :blush: