Chelsea v Newcastle United - Wed 22nd September -7:45pm - League Cup 3rd Rd

Fenham Mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd like to see Hughton experiment with the side a bit tonight, mixing in some of the players from Saturday and a couple of reserves. We're not going to win the cup and the league is a priority, this as much as anything is just a good chance for Hughton to learn more about Tiote and Ben Arfa.

Defence: Have Krul in goal as he needs the match practice. Put Ryan Taylor in at right back and Kadar in at left-back and take out either one of Colo/Williamson and replace with Campbell.

Midfield: Keep Routledge on the right wing and start Tiote as well but take out Barton and play Vuckic and start Gutierrez on the left. I'd replace Tiote with Smith after an hour.

Attack: I'd like to see Ben Arfa playing in the second striker position behind Ranger who i think physcially has all the attributes to play as a lone striker with his pace, strength and generally decent link-up play. I would take off Ben Arfa after an hour though and give Loven a run out, just to avoid injury and fatigue.

Krul

Taylor  Williamson  Campbell  Kadar

Routledge  Tiote  Vuckic  Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Ranger

Surprised how many people think we'll play 4-4-2 with Smith and Vuckic as the CM pairing. Wouldn't matter what team Chelsea put out that midfield would get absolutely murdered. I've got high hopes for Vuckic (although only really from hearing from people on here who get down to the reserve games) but if he went missing against Accrington he could struggle this eve, with Smith's limitations known by all. I'd like to see us play 4-5-1, with Ranger up front, Vuckic behind, CM of Guthrie and Smith (if Guthrie fit enough). Lovenkrands (left) and Jonas (right) either side. Williamson is the only person i'd keep in the line up from Saturday.

Soderberg

R Taylor - Sol - Williamson - Kadar

Jonas - Guthrie - Vuckic - Smith - Lovenkrands

Ranger

Can a Swede please translate 'haha tack men jag spelar inte. dom väljer tim istället. men jag är ju fortfarande 2a målvakt nu så det kommer väl fler chanser. '

I think he is saying he'll be on the bench and that Hughton has decided to play Tim Krul but as 2nd goalkeeper he now hopes for more opportunities.

There's no way he'll leave Shola out btw, sorry everyone.

Very true, but a shame as I don't think we'll learn / gain anything from having him play, whereas giving Ranger some time up top in a relatively unimportant game would have far more benefit, in my view

Can a Swede please translate 'haha tack men jag spelar inte. dom väljer tim istället. men jag är ju fortfarande 2a målvakt nu så det kommer väl fler chanser. '

I think he is saying he'll be on the bench and that Hughton has decided to play Tim Krul but as 2nd goalkeeper he now hopes for more opportunities.

I'm danish, but I can translate it hehe

I won't play, they're gonna pick Tim, but i'm 2nd choice now, so I guess i'll have my chances...

I won't play, they're gonna pick Tim, but i'm 2nd choice now, so I guess i'll have my chances...

So I was correct! Whoooo.

yeah, that is correct.

where are those quotes from?

yeah, that is correct.

where are those quote from?

Ole's facebook.