Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest pintofscottsellers

Was at Villa Park earlier in the season, He got a mixed reception from our fans, would expect the same on Sunday.

Was at Villa Park earlier in the season, He got a mixed reception from our fans, would expect the same on Sunday.

I booed him to fuck. Brilliant player for us, terrible cuntish way to leave.

Guest pintofscottsellers

I booed him to f***. Brilliant player for us, terrible cuntish way to leave.

Are a called him worse than shite throughout that game like.

I'll not boo nor cheer. I didn't blame him for leaving though, we were a shambles and he could see that.

This, can't blame him for walking out on us when we were in an absolute mess, stuck in a cycle of bad managerial appointments and sackings with no end in sight.

Lows

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120202/lowesys-lowdown-great-expectations_2281670_2597991

Just finally, it'll be fantastic to see Shay Given back on Tyneside this weekend. I've still got a prized, signed team sheet from 1st January, 2007, against Manchester United, when he made his 400th appearance for Newcastle United.

At that stage, it looked like he would go on to play a load more games and whatever the circumstances of him leaving, the guy was a fantastic servant to this football club and I'm sure he'll get a magnificent reception on Sunday.

He'll get a big ol' clap from me when he jogs over to the Gallowgate End on Sunday. The bloke's a club legend and played a rather significant part in much our recent history.

I've no real issues with the way he left us, at the time I was just very disappointed that he did, mainly because I thought he'd see his career out here. In hindsight it's probably worked out for the best if we're honest.

i'll neither clap nor boo. he was a great keeper for us and i bare no malice to him for wanting out when he did. the manner of it though, the injury, the solicitors statement and greed in engineering a move without asking for a transfer till his bluff was called (only one reason i can think of for doing that) was disgusting and i never thought he'd be a flag waver for all that is worst about football.

i'll neither clap nor boo. he was a great keeper for us and i bare no malice to him for wanting out when he did. the manner of it though, the injury, the solicitors statement and greed in engineering a move without asking for a transfer till his bluff was called (only one reason i can think of for doing that) was disgusting and i never thought he'd be a flag waver for all that is worst about football.

Bingo.

11 years of great service thrown away because of the way he left. He's a snake.