Shay Given (now retired)

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carroll chased the money too and doesn't get anywhere near as much stick as Given does for some reason. Even after that horrific dive.  :pilko:

The Carroll transfer was inevitable, nobody keeps a player like that when £35m is on the table. Their is fault on all sides there, but he was always going to end up leaving.

Carroll chased the money too and doesn't get anywhere near as much stick as Given does for some reason. Even after that horrific dive.  :pilko:

I've lost most of the respect I held for Given after the cowardly way he got out, but I absolutely despise Carroll.

Cowardly, Sinking ship deserting rat.

I can't dislike him, especially after Speed's death and his tears. Was awful to watch

He only had to do another 3 months to make sure we were safe or leave then safe in the knowledge he had at least tried to keep us up.

Sorry, but i can't forgive him.

City had just came into their big money, this was potentially his last chance of a "big" move. Don't blame him one bit and still a legend for me.

Part of me hate him for leaving, but then again I can't blame him for chasing silverware before the end of his career. Given leaving also helped Krul's progression into the first team too as Given would probably still be starting for us now. :lol:

I can't say that when someone mentions Shay Given now that I am particularly bothered by him. It's more of a "oh yeah, he used to play for us, didn't he?" He moved on, so did we. Pat on the back for all the great games he had for us.

I can't say that when someone mentions Shay Given now that I am particularly bothered by him. It's more of a "oh yeah, he used to play for us, didn't he?" He moved on, so did we. Pat on the back for all the great games he had for us.

Similar feelings. I don't 'blame' him for leaving but it has lowered him in my estimations a lot. Obviously any player could/would do the same, but if they do they can't expect to be loved.

Ronaldo, if he stayed till the end of that season and left, even if we were relegated, no one would give him the sticks. None.

But during the relegation battle? Nah. Fxxk off.

Similar case to Colo, he nearly lost all my respect. I hope he stays just because he is too important to us, that's it.

Ronaldo, if he stayed till the end of that season and left, even if we were relegated, no one would give him the sticks. None.

Similar case to Colo, he nearly lost all my respect. I hope he stays just because he is too important to us, that's it.

City would have signed another keeper in January had Given not left so he'd have missed out on his one last chance of a big move. I don't resent him one bit for that.

We had about 25 points by the start of January in the relegation season, to be fair. Shay probably didn't expect us to only get another 9 points from then on.

The situation with Colo is totally different. We had 20 points from 20 games and had just lost our top scorer when we first heard of his desire to go. Shay wasn't our captain, either, and didn't expect to leave for nowt.

• 5 months later...