Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110319/no-shame-for-shane_2281670_2319888

"We're disappointed with the result because we felt when we had the ball, we had good control of it but they took their chances and they were clinical, so we were unlucky in that respect.

"At the beginning of the second half they came out and got the ball down the channels, which we knew was going to happen but we were unlucky with the two goals, so we're disappointed with that.

"But everyone's still confident. It's a setback but everyone's still confident we can get the points we need as quickly as we can."

Ferguson almost scored a wonderful individual goal in the second half, as he somehow got past Marc Wilson by the corner flag, then nutmegged Ryan Shawcroft only for Asmir Begovic to deny him.

"I didn't know what I was doing, to be honest," he smiled. "I just did the first trick, then the next tackle came in and after that I didn't know what I was doing! The goal opened up for me and I just didn't hit it quite right, which was disappointing because it would have been my first goal.

"I hope I did alright. I did as much as I can. It was a hard game to come into and the defeat was disappointing but I enjoyed it at the same time. Jose's an unbelievable player and to have him in the side is a bonus, but I'm always here if they ever need me."

He was the only positive from today. :thup:

Technically gifted player, has some speed to his game as well. I'd like to see him be a bit more confident going forward. Looks like he can skip past players and take them on to a greater degree. Good alternative to use for the whole left flank imo.

Wish we'd bin the thought of using him at left back. He's been a left winger all of his career and looks very good going forward. Can't understand why we're trying to force him into something he isn't comfortable with.

Definitely needs to bulk up if he wants to make a career as a full back, hopefully can do it without losing any speed as he looks to be a fairly quick lad. As others have said, only real bright spot from today.

Wasted as a leftback, has a good turn of pace and isn't afraid to try something different. One move down in the Stoke half in which he ended up running into the box but putting an easy shot in was quite simply astonishing for someone o his age and experience, Gutierrez could learn

Wasted as a leftback, has a good turn of pace and isn't afraid to try something different. One move down in the Stoke half in which he ended up running into the box but putting an easy shot in was quite simply astonishing for someone o his age and experience, Gutierrez could learn

oh for the 17yr old steve watson.

I'm happy with him as our back up LB for next year.

Yeah, said the same yesterday, im impressed with him so far, has more talent than i thought tbh, still early but looks promising. Somehow it feels like he has learned alot from Enrique and tries to play the same way, working well so far, that saying without knowing really.

If it wasnt for the fact we are in the dog shit he would be getting the left wing slot for the rest of the season imho but Pardew would rather have experience there cos its experience that pulls you out the shit   oh wait where are we now  :-[