Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

He is coming across a total bellend here. IMO, Norn Irish players who choose to play for the Republic are c***s. No loyalty to their country. UEFA need to do something about it. It's not even like NI is part of Eire, it's part of the UK FFS.

If you're born in the North you can get an Irish passport. They are perfectly entitled to play for the Republic and have no loyalty to the North or the UK. Deal with it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nee wonder the Irish hate us English types, when we've got people totally ignoring Irish Politics.  :laugh:

Don't give a fuck what country he chooses as long as he does the business here, actually that's not completely true, I would rather he chose the shitter country so there was more chance of less games.

He is coming across a total bellend here. IMO, Norn Irish players who choose to play for the Republic are c***s. No loyalty to their country. UEFA need to do something about it. It's not even like NI is part of Eire, it's part of the UK FFS.

If you're born in the North you can get an Irish passport. They are perfectly entitled to play for the Republic and have no loyalty to the North or the UK. Deal with it.

It is Shane's choice in the end but he should give some indication of who he wants to play for. Maybe his heart's still set on the North that he refuses to answer Worthington's phone call and he's hoping for the man to get sacked sooner rather than later?

It is Shane's choice in the end but he should give some indication of who he wants to play for. Maybe his heart's still set on the North that he refuses to answer Worthington's phone call and he's hoping for the man to get sacked sooner rather than later?

Oh I agree with that. He should declare for one or the other. I'm just informing clueless cretins why he has a choice in the first place.

Oh I agree with that. He should declare for one or the other. I'm just informing clueless cretins why he has a choice in the first place.

:thup:

Yeah, less of that, thanks - BlueStar

I spent a long time living in NI. I'm hardly ignorant of Irish politics. Can Irish men play for NI? How is Eire poaching the best NIrish players in any way fair?

We're not pinching them. They have a choice to play for either team and no one in the Republic WOULD play for NI so it's a moot point.

He is coming across a total bellend here. IMO, Norn Irish players who choose to play for the Republic are cunts. No loyalty to their country. UEFA need to do something about it. It's not even like NI is part of Eire, it's part of the UK FFS.

You should probably try reading up on some history to avoid coming out with your army brainwashing.

That aside. Politics shouldn't enter into sport though I realise that all too often it does.

I remember this coming up before and having to quote someone on the Good Friday Agreement being 'batshit'. As others have said, he is perfectly entitled to choose which country he plays for. Having lived in Dublin and having traveled to Belfast many times myself it's completely understandable. Regardless, he does need to communicate how he is feeling, maybe he still hasn't decided yet, and let those in power know what the story is, it's simple courtesy.

If they're born and brought up in the North of Ireland how can they possibly have no loyalty to the North of ireland????? Doesn't make sense.

In any case, it's a football team they're being asked to play for not an army.

Ignoring all of the questions over who he should or shouldn't play for, I think Worthington is way out of order here as well as Shane. It's one thing for a young lad to "ignore" the call to play for his country, but his manager shouldn't be singling him out and airing the teams dirty laundry in public. It proves that he's as clueless as most Norn Iron fans think he is, and if the team is to progress, he needs to go...

Worthington's resigning after the Italy game on Tuesday. Perhaps Fergie will be willing to play for Northern Ireland now? In any case, maybe this will give him the opportunity to declare his intentions - Republic or the North.

He is coming across a total bellend here. IMO, Norn Irish players who choose to play for the Republic are cunts. No loyalty to their country. UEFA need to do something about it. It's not even like NI is part of Eire, it's part of the UK FFS.

Completely agree. Why wouldn't you want to play for your own country?