Shane Ferguson joins Millwall on a permanent deal

Pilko

I get the feeling he might be a bit one dimensional to play left midfield. He may get found out a bit like McClean at Sunderland.

He'd be a nightmare to track for any right winger in the left though.

Could be a cracking left back but as a left winger it's so obvious what he's trying to do and therefore easy to shut down.

Aye I said the same a couple of months ago. To me he looks like a player who's going to be better suited overlapping and running from deep rather than as a winger needing to go past the full-back in a 1 v 1 situation. Problem being is that you'd have to have a lot of patience in him improving the defensive side of his game. (which can be done, but at the cost in the short-term)

I'm gonna be livid if he ends up being the scapegoat for today. He didn't pull up too many trees but he was withdrawn waaaaaay too early. He was the least of our problems.

Shola should not have been introduced until after the hour and Fergie should have stayed on. He was doing OK.

I'm gonna be livid if he ends up being the scapegoat for today. He didn't pull up too many trees but he was withdrawn waaaaaay too early. He was the least of our problems.

Shola should not have been introduced until after the hour and Fergie should have stayed on. He was doing OK.

Considering he was trying to hit one player in their box every time he did fine, some ridiculous comments in this thread.

Considering he was trying to hit one player in their box every time he did fine, some ridiculous comments in this thread.

Him and Santon were linking up well, Sammy was the problem and Sammy continued to have a mare when his even shitter brother was introduced.

I agree with both posts.

Guest firetotheworks

He's got things to learn in his general play, but you'd expect that. I thought his crosses, which are his main necessity as a winger, were very good considering he had one Newcastle player amongst three Swansea players to aim at.

I thought they were very disappointing considering they're apparently the main reason he gets a game. Still, thought it would have been Sammy who went off. I wasn't particularly arsed at the time mind, the game was already settling into a very predicable pattern.