NUFC vs Stoke Pre Match Thread - Sun 26th Sept 4.10pm (live on Sky)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i just wish the refs would play to the rules of throw ins (5-7secs??) when we played them at home last time he was taking a good 15-20seconds each time.

There is no such law.  The closest is requiring a keeper to release the ball within 6 seconds. There is nothing similar for a throw in. Only a general misconduct for delaying a restart - but that's not specifically defined.

I'd play Colo right-back and Sol in the middle for this game. I know it's not ideal, but I think Perch will get hammered as Pulis will identify him as the weak link and aim high balls into his area all games.

I would start Sol ahead of Williamson tbh. Also would bring Jonas back in for Nolan, with Ben Arfa playing just off Carroll, and Jonas on the left. But that's never gonna happen :(

Why?

Because Williamson is a penalty waiting to happen most of the time, Sol gives us more from a leadership point of view. Thought Sol and Colo together last night, looked pretty good. Williamson has been a steady eddy so far, but just think he's gonna get called for the holding he does constantly at some point. He reminds me a bit of Bassong who did very well for us but was always a little borderline. If he stay of the right side of the line he looks good but wouldn't take much to push him over.

Raylor instead of  Perch please

Perch has been fine, the lad can't win on here. Probably stoke's best player is their left winger and I would rather have the better defensive player in my squad against him than the one that can't ping in a great freekick.

I'm a big fan of young Krul but am slightly concerned about him for Sunday as his weakness is his decision making and coming out for crosses and that will be tested against a team who will test him with the crosses and long throws.

However this is a game when we really need the 3 points,  we already blew it against Blackpool after the the good results agaisnt Villa and Wolves and now we can't afford to slip up again after the great week we've had.  Beating the likes of Blackpool and Stoke and the other bottom 12 sides at home are the key to us staying up.

I'm a big fan of young Krul but am slightly concerned about him for Sunday as his weakness is his decision making and coming out for crosses and that will be tested against a team who will test him with the crosses and long throws.

However this is a game when we really need the 3 points,  we already blew it against Blackpool after the the good results agaisnt Villa and Wolves and now we can't afford to slip up again after the great week we've had.  Beating the likes of Blackpool and Stoke and the other bottom 12 sides at home are the key to us staying up.

Krul will be OK, he'll be well protected.

Krul will be OK, he'll be well protected.

i have faith that Krul will be ok,  its just a slight concern as Stoke's strength is pumping balls into the box.

Just hope we play keep playing the sort of possession football we played against Everton (first half especially) on Sunday, that's the way to beat them. Carroll vs Shawcross and Huth should be entertaining. I reckon Ben Arfa could give them hell if we keep it on the ground enough.