Newcastle United 2 - 2 Wigan Athletic - 16/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Nate

Cleverley had been on for about a minute before he skinned Jose who obviously decided the ball was going out, and laid it back to some Wigan plank all alone on the penalty area who messed it up. Which sums him up. Good going forward a liability defensively which he was for the entire season the last time we played in this division

You're up against some fierce Jose supporters, brave.

Cleverley had been on for about a minute before he skinned Jose who obviously decided the ball was going out, and laid it back to some Wigan plank all alone on the penalty area who messed it up. Which sums him up. Good going forward a liability defensively which he was for the entire season the last time we played in this division

What? :lol: Would you like neon lights to go with that WUM sign?

Even me and Ronaldo rate Enrique. You must be bonkers.

He's better defensively than going forward.

You're brilliant, ignoring Perch on the other side who isn't even one fifth of the player Jose is and slating arguably our best defender. Seriously, you'd make a class advert for Durex.

Guest firetotheworks

Is that the only bit of football that you've ever seen with Enrique in? It absolutely does not sum him up, you're talking shite.

who says Enrique is highly rated. He's certainly not In Spain. I'm not saying he's as useless as the various Right Backs we have but this idea that's he's some kind of world beating left back is laughable.

he's flawless defensively. you fail

who says Enrique is highly rated. He's certainly not In Spain. I'm not saying he's as useless as the various Right Backs we have but this idea that's he's some kind of world beating left back is laughable.

Starting left back for La Liga runners up when we signed him.

Quick ratings:

Krul - 6.  Couldn't really be faulted for either goal.  Still a bit tentative.

Perch - 1.  I'm not prone to exaggeration but his shitness is beyond description.  At fault for both goals.

Williamson - 5. At fault for N'Zogbia 2nd.  Got better in the 2nd half but Sol might have been a better option.

Coloccini - 7.  MOTM. Couple of positional problems at times, but great on the ball, up for a fight, and scorer of a crucial goal.

Enrique - 6. Good defensively as always, comfortable as fuck on the ball, not much of a threat going forward and we needed him to be.

Guthrie - 3. Played out of position and a bit unfit.  Always tried to get into the center as much as possible, destabilising our formation.

Tiote - 5. Off his game a bit.  Didn't tackle particularly well, gave the ball away a fair bit, still strong and an important cornerstone in the center.

Barton - 4. Bad service, step slow, gave the ball away quite a bit.  Never had control.

Jonas - 6. Grading on a curve because he was our only real threat to unlock Wigan and was constantly under pressure due to our unbalanced formation.  Good cross for 1st goal.

Lovenkrands - 3. Anonymous.  Not entirely his fault due to poor service but squandered a couple of half-chances.

Carroll - 5. Still won a few headers and still looked the biggest threat.  Not sure he can do it at this level but he worked hard despite horrible service.

Subs:

Shola (on for Loven): 7. Truly impactful.  Good goal and held the ball up well.  His strength caused Alcaraz problems.

Routledge (on for Guthrie): 5. Never had much chance to do anything. 

Ranger (on for Perch): 50.  Because he replaced Perch.

Hughton: 4. Got it wrong from the outset.  Subs too late.  Should have put Shola/Routledge on much earlier.

Guest Loven11

and ignored by the whole of Spain ever since despite the fact they are desperate for a left back for the national team

Oh, will you f*** off? Sick of the shit you are spouting.

Guest Chris P

I don't think you can argue that Wigan played significantly better than we did today.

They did in the first half. Then came Hughton's high line and we were back in the race

Noticed that aswell

Guest Loven11

i need to get my post count up a little, so while I'm on it, Williamson is out of his depth along with Perch in this division.

Seriously fuck off somewhere else.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't get this whole 'terrible service' thing. I saw nothing but poorly positioned Newcastle strikers tbh. Enrique, Jonas, Guthrie and Barton all put balls in that should have at least forced saves, but weren't attacked properly.