West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Nolan and Ameobi upfront. It beggars belief that that is our strike partnership in the Premiership. Fucking turgid.

We have the lip smacking alternative of Nolan and Carroll which has served us so well in recent games after all.

So.... Perch still at RB and Nolan up front? I want to be optimistic about this one coz I'm going, but just don't feel over confident... Lets hope Parker and Dyer are both injured in a freak warm up incident..

I would love to be optimistic about this but can only see us losing the only thing in our favour is our better away form being better than expected .Perch at right back when he should be left back in the changing room and if Nolan is back in god help us

Tiote and Barton will need to be at the races. Parker and Noble is a very good central midfield, far better than the quality they don't have elsewhere. Obinna isn't bad either. I'd be tempted to start Shola and Carroll with RTaylor starting so he can cross into the box a lot... We all know Green is dodgy on crosses.

I'm not sure how he can continue to leave Perch in, given his last few performances. Admittedly, he was hung out to dry v Wigan last week (Guthrie did not protect him) - but his confidence must be very low which is why a spell out of the side may well do him good. Not surprised to see Shola start ahead of Carroll - have heard a few whispers in passing that suggest Carroll might have been in more bother than what has been suggested. We'll see.