Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

At least now the media wankfest over the story for months on end about where he might end up will end.

Also, more years on his contract means the price is bumped up and he escapes the hate campaign by their fans. He leaves for a good price in a couple of years and on decent terms with their fans, everyone wins.

I don't think this is just about money. I reckon he would have got more elsewhere, but he's not a person that would adjust easily to a move to a different country, or even to London. His best option would have been Man City, and that would have brought its own problems, not least the fact that they won't be able to spend as big as they're doing now, once the Financial Fair play rules kick in.

It looks like his agent has tried to bluff the club into thinking that Rooney wanted out, in order to get a better deal, and has manipulated press and fan opinion to further that end. Ferguson has called his bluff and trampled over him.

The funniest thing about this is how so many journos, who are supposed to be in the know and insightful about the situation, have read this completely wrong. Ferguson has consistently confounded the critics who have written him off time and again, and I have to admire him for that.

Why do people keep saying "it was done so Man U get a big fee for him"

Why would ROONEY SIGN THE CONTRACT if that was the case?

Man U we're desperate to keep Rooney, not the other way round

He escapes the hate campaign, doesn't come out of it looking like so much of a prick.

Guest Stephen927

Many people at work seem to think Man Utd have done this to get him to play well til the end of the season, then move him on in the summer now his value is protected.

Don't buy it myself.

Nor do i. He's the most prized possession they've had since Cristiano Ronaldo.

He's got his extra wedge so he'll be there for a good while yet.

FYP.

Guest Stephen927

Ferguson was probably in on it the whole time. Perhaps it was a way of scaring the Glaziers into making waves in the transfer market so Man United can significantly strengthen, rather than signing the likes of Bebe and Owen.

Ferguson was probably in on it the whole time. Perhaps it was a way of scaring the Glaziers into making waves in the transfer market so Man United can significantly strengthen, rather than signing the likes of Bebe and Owen.

You're joking, surely? The world class little Mick?  :lol:

You're joking, surely? The world class little Prick:lol:

FYP

You're joking, surely? The world class little Prick:lol:

FYP

:lol:

Why do people keep saying "it was done so Man U get a big fee for him"

Why would ROONEY SIGN THE CONTRACT if that was the case?

Man U we're desperate to keep Rooney, not the other way round

He escapes the hate campaign, doesn't come out of it looking like so much of a prick.

The cheeper he went for the bigger the sign on fee he would have been offered. I very much doubt he agreed with Man U to sign a contract as long as they seel him just to escape a bit of stick to be honest.