West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Guest neesy111

None, West Ham are the worst premiership team I've seen for quite a long time.

In what way does that make Collison a bad player?

I was answering the previous question :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

He has been injured since March and wont be back til the new year, to any normal person that would make any reference to West Ham's poor displays pointless when discussing individuals like him. But never mind you just naively ignore that mate.

As if Jonas deserved a 5.  What a load of rubbish.

5 out of 10 is an average mark. Unsurprisingly given after an average performance.....

I get the concept of 5 being an average mark.  Thanks for letting me know though.

In the marks that were given - Jonas scored our lowest with a 5.  There is no way anyone watching that game could have said Jonas was our worst player.  He was one of our better players and had good game.  He was a constant threat to the West Ham defence and took a huge amount of pressure of our defence with his ball retention and energy.  Worthy of a 5?? Bollocks.

Guest neesy111

He has been injured since March and wont be back til the new year, to any normal person that would make any reference to West Ham's poor displays pointless when discussing individuals like him. But never mind you just naively ignore that mate.

What land are you living on, this is a thread about the West Ham game.  Not just one player  :idiot2:

For some reason this season when we've been going 1-0 down i don't feel 'fuckshit we gon get bummed in the face', like i used to in the last few season up here. I got a lot more confidence in us fighting back.

Guest Roger Kint

What land are you living on, this is a thread about the West Ham game.  Not just one player  :idiot2:

What land am i living on? Not sure where to start there considering you answered a question about what players we could buy lol. To say none because they have been crap(even though he hasnt been fit to play) shows your idiocy not mine or or that too simple to comprehend in the land you regularly live on?

Guest Roger Kint

5 out of 10 is an average mark. Unsurprisingly given after an average performance.....

I get the concept of 5 being an average mark.  Thanks for letting me know though.

In the marks that were given - Jonas scored our lowest with a 5.  There is no way anyone watching that game could have said Jonas was our worst player.  He was one of our better players and had good game.  He was a constant threat to the West Ham defence and took a huge amount of pressure of our defence with his ball retention and energy.  Worthy of a 5?? Bollocks.

He constantly ran into blind alleys and made the wrong choices, if thats a threat then fair enough but to bleat over him getting 5 or 6 which is a pretty fair score for what he actually did is a bit silly. The best attacking move down that flank all game was Enrique by some distance and aside from maybe doing better for their goal(to nitpick) he had a far better game than Saint Jonas.

Since most of us are used to FM/CM type ratings (or whatever system those ratings originated from), a 5 out of 10 is given for a poor/sub-par performance, with 6 or 7 being the average.

I'd say Tiote aside, Jonas looked our best player. Was single handedly carrying our attack for much of the game, dribbling past numerous players whilst under pressure/marked. It's a shame he can't cross well and lacks consistency, but that doesn't mean we should ignore just how good he can be at pushing the team forward from nothing positions/situations, and that's exactly what he did against West Ham.

Hence why the 5 seems harsh when he was pretty much the one player responsible for our dominance/possession going forward.

Since most of us are used to FM/CM type ratings (or whatever system those ratings originated from), a 5 out of 10 is given for a poor/sub-par performance, with 6 or 7 being the average.

I'd say Tiote aside, Jonas looked our best player. Was single handedly carrying our attack for much of the game, dribbling past numerous players whilst under pressure/marked. It's a shame he can't cross well and lacks consistency, but that doesn't mean we should ignore just how good he can be at pushing the team forward from nothing positions/situations, and that's exactly what he did against West Ham.

Hence why the 5 seems harsh when he was pretty much the one player responsible for our dominance/possession going forward.

Very true, it's easy to look at the end product and get frustrated, but in our team the ability to carry the ball from deep in our own half to the opposition penalty area is priceless.

Guest neesy111

What land am i living on? Not sure where to start there considering you answered a question about what players we could buy lol. To say none because they have been crap(even though he hasnt been fit to play) shows your idiocy not mine or or that too simple to comprehend in the land you regularly live on?

You assumed I made a comment about a player, when i was talking about the team in general.  Get your facts right first.

Why? If his wage is cheap and price is £4m mark I don't see why not.

I definitely think Behrami would be a massive improvement on our right side.

Same Parker who nearly left for Spurs for £12m in the summer.

Barton 8 - Magnificent. 2 crosses, 2 goals. Can't ask for much more.

Barton 8 - bit generous, but he made a good fist of playing out of position, and those two Beckham-like crosses won us the game.

Yep, West Ham looked good in the first half because the right Mid was AWOL in center and left midfield, meaning that right back had to meet the ball carrier up field, which opened huge spaces behind him. In first 10-15 mins I thought Hammers were going to run all over us through their left wing as we were completely missing a right side presence.

Once Barton went back to playing right mid, then it eased up the pressure on Simpson and balanced our play.

Jack Collison is one who caught the eye in the recent past. Where was he btw? Injured I presume? and if so, is he injury prone or something?

Noble and Collison I'd take off that lot, and no one else. Behrami is a bit of a headless chicken minus the skill of Jonas for me. Parker, been there done that burned the t-shirt. C Cole is far too inconsistent. Considering his relative experience now, he would not be an improvement on Ameobi. On his day though, he is a beast of a player. These days don't come often enough though.

i'd take collison and obinna, though not sure either would get into the first XI. obinna would give us a pacier option upfront and can cover on either wing, collison would be competing with tiote and nolan for a central spot. saying that, i think we'd be better off looking elsewhere, collison hasn't seemed to kick on from his initial promise (bit like Noble).

Guest jeffers09

just wonderd if there were any sites that do crowd pictures  watched the game back on sky yesterday and it only went to are end 2/3 times...

Guest neesy111

Jonas 5 shots on target same as Carroll and Shola :lol:

That's points.  It's 5 points for one shot on target.

I only copied it for the CP (Completed Passes) as that is on 1:1 ratio.

Jonas 5 shots on target same as Carroll and Shola :lol:

That's points.  It's 5 points for one shot on target.

I only copied it for the CP (Completed Passes) as that is on 1:1 ratio.

I was fkn wondering.. know I was sorting tea when the match was on but I did not think we had 15 shots on target :lol:

possibly been pointed out but just in case it hasn't, anyone got it sky plused or v plused take a close look at our winning goal, take a look at who is coming round at the back post in case the balls over hit ?