West Ham United 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/10/10 - post match reaction from p20

Dave

Guest Heneage

Why? If his wage is cheap and price is £4m mark I don't see why not.

I definitely think Behrami would be a massive improvement on our right side.

I'm just rewatching this now. Jonas was waaaaaay better than I remembered. Very good performance.

agreed, thought he was our motm, even though a few others had more in the way of end product. some fantastic runs and hassling and, unlike his usual game, he actually put some top crosses into the box. he seems to be high on confidence atm, hopefully it continues for next weekend.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm just rewatching this now. Jonas was waaaaaay better than I remembered. Very good performance.

agreed, thought he was our motm, even though a few others had more in the way of end product. some fantastic runs and hassling and, unlike his usual game, he actually put some top crosses into the box. he seems to be high on confidence atm, hopefully it continues for next weekend.

Aye, I would still give Tiote motm quite comfortably, but he, Barton and Ameobi weren't too far behind.

Bit late but.....

Krul 6 - Didn't do much wrong.

Simpson 5 - Got skinned a fair few times by Obinna but better than Perch.

Williamson 7 - Solid for the most part.

Coloccini 7 - See above.

Enrique 6 - Didn't have as much of a threat to deal with as Simpson did. Solid in dealing with any threat.

Barton 8 - Magnificent. 2 crosses, 2 goals. Can't ask for much more.

Tiote 8 - Held the midfield together brilliantly. The player we've been missing for so many years.

Nolan 6 - Decent game, took his goal well, his positioning and finishing continues to be an asset.

Jonas 5 - Average, one a lot of free kicks, full of running as per, final ball not as good as last week.

Carroll 7 - Challenged for everything as usual and took his goal very well.

Ameobi 7 - Did very well at holding the ball up. Another good game.

Bit late but.....

Coloccini 7 - See above.

Enrique 6 - Didn't have as much of a threat to deal with as Simpson did. Solid in dealing with any threat.

Tiote 8 - Held the midfield together brilliantly. The player we've been missing for so many years.

Nolan 6 - Decent game, took his goal well, his positioning and finishing continues to be an asset.

Jonas 5 - Average, one a lot of free kicks, full of running as per, final ball not as good as last week.

:nope:

Bit late but.....

Coloccini 7 - See above.

:nope:

I thought they were fairly good ratings myself.

The only quibble I'd have was Jonas as a 5. There was the usual final ball problem, but he was a very useful outlet and kept the ball well usually.

Barton 8 - bit generous, but he made a good fist of playing out of position, and those two Beckham-like crosses won us the game.

I just don't get Avram Grant as a manager. With that monotone voice and hangdog expression, I can't imagine him inspiring anyone. Perhaps he's different away from the cameras, but West Ham seemed completely devoid of spirit in the second half. Grant looked very worried afterwards, with good reason.

I'm sure he'll have perked up by the time he visited his favourite knocking shop later on

Guest Roger Kint

As if Jonas deserved a 5.  What a load of rubbish.

5 out of 10 is an average mark. Unsurprisingly given after an average performance.....

Guest Roger Kint

None, West Ham are the worst premiership team I've seen for quite a long time.

In what way does that make Collison a bad player?