Steve Clarke to be appointed new assistant? Seemingly not.

lovejoy

Spot on Cronky. Your not going to get a number 2 from outside the area who has made good coin, come & sign up with a deal that you would imagine would be in line with the managers.

Yep, was never happening. We'll get a promotion from within or an older ex manager who's been out of the game a while will come in I reckon.

Promotion from within is pretty likely given previous appointments. Just wonder whether we are actually filling any of the vacancies which arise when we promote people, we must have the smallest coaching staff in the league

Guest neesy111

Can we for once, get a coach that is actually decent as a number 2, i.e. in coaching of youngsters etc, to add something to the club in general instead of being just someone to help the manager out when needed.  The amount of shit coaches we've had is endless.

Can we for once, get a coach that is actually decent as a number 2, i.e. in coaching of youngsters etc, to add something to the club in general instead of being just someone to help the manager out when needed.  The amount of s*** coaches we've had is endless.

In a professional football club coaching youngsters is not the job of the assistant manager, he will work with the first team.

He may of course take an interest at reserve and junior levels, but it's not his job.

And by the way, if you look at the number of our first team squad who have graduated through the club from juniors, compared to most other Premier clubs we have been doing quite well.

Can we for once, get a coach that is actually decent as a number 2, i.e. in coaching of youngsters etc, to add something to the club in general instead of being just someone to help the manager out when needed.  The amount of s*** coaches we've had is endless.

We've actually had some decent No.2s recently, no?

Nigel Pearson has moved on to do fairly well as a manger, Calderwood was pretty good by all indications, and then of course there's Hughton.

Spot on Cronky. Your not going to get a number 2 from outside the area who has made good coin, come & sign up with a deal that you would imagine would be in line with the managers.

Yep, was never happening. We'll get a promotion from within or an older ex manager who's been out of the game a while will come in I reckon.

Pretty much how I see it.

“I don’t expect it to take too long. It will be very much my decision. The strong likelihood is that it will be an external appointment.’’

when was that quote though ?

pre match press conference for tomorrows game i believe