Newcastle United v Sunderland - 31/10/10 Live on SkySports HD1 1:30pm

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm going to essentially be a Newcastle fan on Sunday. I'll be supporting you, I'll be in the city from about midday and probably drinking thereafter. :lol:

is that due to knowing more NUFC fans or what ? i knew an evertonian (from warrington) who hated sunderland with a passion, is there some bad blood ?

Just not fond of them. I'm a right haggler for teams getting undue luck, so them seemingly consistently scraping undeserved 1-0 wins gets right on me tits, the fact Darren Bent single handedly carries them, etc. You're my second team anyway so I see no reason not to support you come Sunday. :)

Edit: I also see a lot of the rivalry, in the Everton-Liverpool rivalry. Maybe not quite so much now but when we were shit, and my word we were shit in the 1990s, there was far, far too much talk of what Liverpool were doing (well, from when I can properly remember, i.e. late 1990s onwards). Only in the past few years has it finally got away from talking about our neighbours. It's something Sunderland ought to do - it's pitiful how much they talk about you, and the Sunderland fans I know exemplify this trait.

I think all of football shares a mutual hatred for Sunderland, don't they?

Think they're insignificant to fans of other clubs.

On the whole, yes. But from being on this forum and 'following' Newcastle, their twat factor has risen.

But otherwise, their club typifies mediocrity. To me, anyway.

the mackem bitch thinks perch and guthrie will start for some daft reason rather than us just naming the same starting 11 again

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/29/squad-sheets-newcastle-united-sunderland

I know Perch has his critics here but a derby match is the last place someone like Guthrie should be getting a starting role. He's the laziest, most un-motivated player I've seen at Newcastle for a long time. Say what you like about Nolan and Smith but no one could accuse them of not caring.

Can't see why anyone would support the team that came from that shithole - unless of course the devil had farted in your face and you were unfortunate enough to come from that shithole. If that were the case you might, just might, have an excuse.....But honestly, on reflection, even then why would you?

Not much in the sides tbh - Bent is way better than what we've got but we might just shade it on the rest of the pitch. It will be all about referee decisions, who gets the "momentum" etc etc etc.....

Can't see why anyone would support the team that came from that shithole - unless of course the devil had farted in your face and you were unfortunate enough to come from that shithole. If that were the case you might, just might, have an excuse.....But honestly, on reflection, even then why would you?

Not much in the sides tbh - Bent is way better than what we've got but we might just shade it on the rest of the pitch. It will be all about referee decisions, who gets the "momentum" etc etc etc.....

Even Bent was lined up to be a Newcastle player but relegation meant he had to accept going to Sunderland in reluctant fashion. Like Bramble and eventually N'Zogbia once Bruce finishes cleaning up the scraps from our table.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They all are man. Thick, bitter, horrible bastards stewing in the muck of their Sunderland s*** hole.

I spent an evening in Sunderland once.

The crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option; it was that or one of there B&Bs. I figured it’d be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the mackems in their natural habitat, and it weren’t pretty. I’d seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Wearside breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take ‘em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on cheesy chips. I ain’t never going back… not never.