Newcastle United v Sunderland - 31/10/10 Live on SkySports HD1 1:30pm

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They all are man. Thick, bitter, horrible bastards stewing in the muck of their Sunderland s*** hole.

I spent an evening in Sunderland once.

The crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option; it was that or one of there B&Bs. I figured it’d be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the mackems in their natural habitat, and it weren’t pretty. I’d seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Wearside breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take ‘em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on cheesy chips. I ain’t never going back… not never.

similar, i went with some mates from work and their mates. at first they were fine, light hearted banter, as the night went on the digs were harsher to the point of provocation, the people i knew from work were embarrassed and i was embarrassed for them.

the mackem bitch thinks perch and guthrie will start for some daft reason rather than us just naming the same starting 11 again

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/29/squad-sheets-newcastle-united-sunderland

I know Perch has his critics here but a derby match is the last place someone like Guthrie should be getting a starting role. He's the laziest, most un-motivated player I've seen at Newcastle for a long time. Say what you like about Nolan and Smith but no one could accuse them of not caring.

Absolute rubbish about Guthrie, that.  He was one of our key players last season and has been injured for the majority of this season.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he's unmotivated.  He was putting in a shift every week for us last year on a fraction of the wages Barton was on while he was on the sidelines yet again, and I've faith in him if he gets called upon this year.

They all are man. Thick, bitter, horrible bastards stewing in the muck of their Sunderland s*** hole.

The crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option; it was that or one of there B&Bs. I figured it’d be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the mackems in their natural habitat, and it weren’t pretty. I’d seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Wearside breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take ‘em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on cheesy chips. I ain’t never going back… not never.

Post of the week.

the mackem bitch thinks perch and guthrie will start for some daft reason rather than us just naming the same starting 11 again

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/29/squad-sheets-newcastle-united-sunderland

I know Perch has his critics here but a derby match is the last place someone like Guthrie should be getting a starting role. He's the laziest, most un-motivated player I've seen at Newcastle for a long time. Say what you like about Nolan and Smith but no one could accuse them of not caring.

Absolute rubbish about Guthrie, that.  He was one of our key players last season and has been injured for the majority of this season.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he's unmotivated.  He was putting in a shift every week for us last year on a fraction of the wages Barton was on while he was on the sidelines yet again, and I've faith in him if he gets called upon this year.

Spot on.  No one has any place to talk shit about Guthrie at the moment.  He was a huge part of our promotion last season.

Suddenly, I wake with a start on the sofa. The room is filled with a cold stench of scotch and tobacco.... the usual. I turn to find the note left purposefully on the arm. It was her writing, the envelope smelled of her perfume. She gets everywhere.

Guest Heneage

Guthrie's good, but not up to it at this level. And won't be until he stops hiding from his weaknesses.

How do you fix his problems though?

Guthrie's good, but not up to it at this level. And won't be until he stops hiding from his weaknesses.

Can't be arsed to get into an argument with you about this because I'll get the pigheaded usual stuff.

Suffice to say I think that Guthrie deserves the benefit of a few games after injury before people lay into him.

He's done more for us in his time here than Barton has, in less time and for millions and millions of pounds less.

Can't be arsed to get into an argument with you about this because I'll get the pigheaded usual stuff.

Suffice to say I think that Guthrie deserves the benefit of a few games after injury before people lay into him.

He's done more for us than Barton has, in less time and for millions and millions of pounds less.

Cannot argue with that at all.... but you know he'll have a go anyway

I've sang Guthrie's praises as much as anyone on here, he was brilliant at times in the Championship.

We're not in that league anymore.

Don't see what he's shown in his one Premier League appearance this year to convince you that he's not up to it.  Therefore you've made your mind up on him last year in a different league (where he did very well) and was 22 and in an important stage of his development.

He did OK in his first year with us in the top league (when he was 21).  He was a focal point last year.  I think he's progressing quite well.  The only reason I bring up Barton is because you're clearly such a massive fan of his - well what was Barton doing at 21 that was better than what Guthrie did with us in our relegation season?  Nowt.

What are Guthrie's big weakness that he needs to address btw?  Because Barton needs to address a good few, including getting caught in possession constantly, being slow as fuck and running his mouth off in the press when he doesn't even have the right.

I can't see why we shouldn't have Toite and Barton in the middle, Routledge deserves a crack of the whip after Wednesday's performance. Shola and Carrol up front?

I can't see why we shouldn't have Toite and Barton in the middle, Routledge deserves a crack of the whip after Wednesday's performance. Shola and Carrol up front?

:lol:

Times 2, fucking hell.  I was at the match and he was fucking awful.  Only had the balls to try to beat his man once in the entire game and he skinned him. 

Most frustrating player in our squad - he's clearly got a confidence block about playing at this level and I hope he gets over it.

Haven't been able to focus on anything else this week, excited but also massively shitting it, feel a bit sic at the thought of getting beat. Just had a look at trains and there loads coming in from there, will be plenty getting the trains.