Newcastle United 5 - 1 Sunderland - 31/10/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

Have to say, Carroll did everything but score today. Thought he was outstanding.

He was fucking brilliant. Two assists as well.

Will that one for Shola's second officially count?

He was great on our corners, just powering into the ball with total disregard for however many defenders they had under him.

That was brilliant and probably beats the 5-0 against Man U, seeing mackems leaving before half time will live with me forever.  The atmosphere was spot on virtually from start to finish and the highlights were probably "Hughton Wonderland" which I'm sure will have been missed by the media and "Cheer up Stave Bruce."  They were really poor but I think we made them look bad as we were so good at times, in fact most of the time.

When we came out there were coppers all over the place and I don’t know why because the mackems will have been eating their dinners before full-time as they’d all gone home, priceless.  Whoever plays the music after the match needs a special mention.

I knew we’d piss all over them but didn’t expect to see us put 5 past them.

Have to say, Carroll did everything but score today. Thought he was outstanding.

He was fucking brilliant. Two assists as well.

Will that one for Shola's second officially count though?

He was great on our corners, just powering into the ball with total disregard for however many defenders they had under him.

Does according to the BBC live text, yeah. Cahill got one yesterday for Yakubu's goal.

What a beauty of a day. Started at Sam Jacks at 10 a with Kev insisting Jager Bombs were a good accompliment to pints. Ending with me screaming my self hoarse for the full 90 mins. Still can't b elive it. Also seeing the bloke in Sam Jacks gag over his pint of cream was pretty funny mint day with a'great group of lads'  O0

I love Chris Hughton

If there was anything more i could have wished for today it would have been a Carroll goal. I hope it doesn't dishearten in him any way because he did have a brilliant, brilliant game. Complete menace from start to finish.

A while ago when I was in sheffield, I was talking about Carroll to him, I was saying how he's great in the air etc and he said, how he's got a great turn of pace as well.  I knew he wasn't slow but he's alot quicker than you think, especially when dribbling.  He's agot a alot more ability than most give him credit for.  If He can sort himslef out off the pitch (or Nolan can) he could be a very good player.

Edit:  Yes, I am pissed and I can't be arsed to correct whatever erros there are in tha tpost.

We didn't have a weakness today as everybody played well, Barton had his best game for us and I don't think I've seen a more determined display that I've seen today from Nolan.  Carroll and Shola were all over them and they played brilliantly together and worked well as a unit.  They were both making runs in different directions and knew where the other was going when they were looking for lay-offs. 

Our midfield killed them and that’s the area of their team which they think is their strong point. Our 4 man midfield pissed all over the mackems midfield 5 and it looked like we had the 1 man advantage.  I thought that we could have scored 5 in the first half and were unlucky not to have. 

I don’t know how they kept 10 men on the pitch, it looked like the ref was making sure that he didn’t send off a second mackems.

A while ago when I was in sheffield, I was talking about Carroll to him, I was saying how he's great in the air etc and he said, how he's got a great turn of pace as well.  I knew he wasn't slow but he's alot quicker than you think, especially when dribbling.  He's agot a alot more ability than most give him credit for.  If He can sort himslef out off the pitch (or Nolan can) he could be a very good player.

Edit:  Yes, I am pissed and I can't be arsed to correct whatever erros there are in tha tpost.

Talking to who about carroll?  :lol:  I feel like I walked into that post mid-conversation. 

Still over the moon here.  Fantastic day.