Arsenal 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/11/10 - post match reaction from page 35

Dave

Guest kingdawson

51%-49% possession to us according to BBC. When was the last time an away side had that at The Emirates?

Sky say 60-40 to Arsenal. I believe Sky.

They sucked you off practically the whole game. They were dying for you to score throughout.

F*cking get in!!

When you look at the resources Hughton has you could forgive him if he packed the midfield, going route one all game and kicking lumps out of them. But he didn't. We may play to our height and power up front but it is amazing to think we have gone to Arsenal and won without resorting to Bolton or Stoke tactics. We went two up front, we matched their passing game on their own turf. Very few teams will go there and have as much possession as we just had. Many teams will not even try. The players had faith in their gameplan and to the end we battled to keep possession and pass it about. Off the ball we closed down space very well and never let Arsenal settle into their rhythm.

A special mention for Tiote who was world class in midfield. Winning balls, closing down everybody, skinning people and playing one or two hollywood passes. Everything he did relieved pressure, bought space, frustrated them and got us back on the front foot. We may have a struggle to keep this lad because on current evidence he is destined for big things.

We're 5th!

51%-49% possession to us according to BBC. When was the last time an away side had that at The Emirates?

Sky say 60-40 to Arsenal. I believe Sky.

They sucked you off practically the whole game. They were dying for you to score throughout.

Aye, Alan Smith was fucking gutted.

Made destroying the paedophile-led benders even sweeter.

What a fucking performance. Honestly, there are too many MotM candidates. Carroll was immense, but so was Tiote who marked Fabregas out of the game. Then you have Jose, who although didn't have a good attacking game, merked Walcott all game long. The two CBs deserve all the praise as well, especially Coloccini who has been in simply stunning form this season. He's so classy on the ball, his anticipation is top notch and that little bit of muscle that he's added means that it's pretty much impossible to get past him nowadays, even though he's not the fastest defender. Barton also deserves a ton of praise for being composed on the ball and defending well, as does Simpson who kept calm throughout the match. Our two quiet players were Nolan and Jonas but they both contributed. It was an awesome team performance; the second match in a row where you could pick pretty much half the team as MotM.

Outstanding result and team performance, can't fault any of them. Tiote, Carroll & the back 5 all superb. Barton, Jonas & Nolan all put in canny shifts and it looks like Shola has really matured as a player, fewer stupid fouls and the sense to drop into midfield at times.

Back to back home games now against two teams we've got absymal records against in recent times. Blackburn have the perfect team to stop the Carroll/Shola combination so it will be interesting to see what we do.

Dragged my food poisoning stricken body to the pub but only managed to stand with a lemonade for about 10 mins before I got sick of wondering which end was going to explode first and shuffled home. Kept checking livescore on my phone from bed, but it was all mixed in with feverish nightmares. Needless to say, the final score makes me feel better.

Honestly haven't enjoyed supporting Newcastle as much as this for a long, long time. Even when the expectation was higher, there were still players I didn't like, but there's not a single player in our team I dislike, despite their limitations, they will pretty much always put in a shift.

Fantastic win and performance. They all grafted and Carroll and Tiote were outstanding - also mentions to Shola and Colo. Arsenal poor but I'd like to think that's because we didn't let them play - Tiote marked Fabregas out of the game. This lad looks a real steal.  And as for Carroll, the lad keeps on getting better and better :thup:

Krul 9 - Dominated the penalty area.

Simpson 8 - Best game for us, incredible.

Colo 9 - I'd let him shag my wife.

Williamson 9 - What a fucking signing.

Enrique 7.5 - Slacked off a bit, but typical Enrique performance.

Jonas - 7.5 - worked well, same as Enrique.

Barton 8.5 - Changed man, finally seeing the best of him.

Tiote 9 - IMMENSE.

Nolan 7.5 - Just gave the ball away for their counter attack once, otherwise, nice to see him properly passing in midfield again, used to lose the ball a lot.

Amoebi 8 - Fantastic hold-up play.

Carroll 10 - Beast.

Ranged 8 - Same as Shola

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/106611702.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E645DA1F85E4F62FC5C228F2DD0BB0A37D9B8EF7BBE83A1699

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/106611182.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E636D4EF648AC0427CC228F2DD0BB0A37D9AD5AA7D7A53D098

Captions needed!

Bet we're still the last game up on MotD

TBF the match wasn't really a MOTD match, it was a very professional, solid performance from us and as a result we restricted their chances, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Outstanding result and team performance, can't fault any of them. Tiote, Carroll & the back 5 all superb. Barton, Jonas & Nolan all put in canny shifts and it looks like Shola has really matured as a player, fewer stupid fouls and the sense to drop into midfield at times.

Back to back home games now against two teams we've got absymal records against in recent times. Blackburn have the perfect team to stop the Carroll/Shola combination so it will be interesting to see what we do.

:thup:

At least four points from the next two games and we're cruising.