Arsenal 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/11/10 - post match reaction from page 35

Dave

I love how we are pissing on peoples cornflakes. Makes it even better when teams like Arsenal stroll on the pitch thinking they already have the game bagged.

i think this is one of the reasons we beat them

Problem is we've done the same this season (wigan especially)

I love how we are pissing on peoples cornflakes.  Makes it even better when teams like Arsenal stroll on the pitch thinking they already have the game bagged.

i think this is one of the reasons we beat them

Problem is we've done the same this season (wigan especially)

we are seasoned at this, thats how i recognise it,

Several Arsenal fans came over after match and to a man they said we deserved it. Pity the train back decided it didn't want to close the doors n we ended up on another train with the loudest fuckwit on it. Embarrassing tbh.

Been talking to a couple of Swedish Arsenal fans who reckon nobody has been more successful and thorough in their tactical approach at the Emirates than us this season. You can fault Fabianski all you want for the goal, it was a massive leap from Carroll and the fact that we limited them to 3 shots on target all game is unreal. Probalby already been posted but this is interesting and very encouraging. The bit about Tiotés passing is hard to get to grips with, what a signing..

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/11/08/newcastle-arsenal-tactics/

Been talking to a couple of Swedish Arsenal fans who reckon nobody has been more successful and thorough in their tactical approach at the Emirates than us this season. You can fault Fabianski all you want for the goal, it was a massive leap from Carroll and the fact that we limited them to 3 shots on target all game is unreal. Probalby already been posted but this is interesting and very encouraging. The bit about Tiotés passing is hard to get to grips with, what a signing..

Christ, that is one organised team we had there! Great read. Tiote is just incredible.

Who were the commentators for the match? The co commentator knows his stuff. He was also the guy for the Villa game and always gives props to Enrique and Colo, talking about their Championship experience.

"This will be an interesting battle between Jose Enrique, the South American left back, and Theo Walcott."

Christ, that is one organised team we had there! Great read. Tiote is just incredible.

Fantastic read, that. Tiote is a fucking monster in midfield. What a player.

Fantastic read, that. Tiote is a fucking monster in midfield. What a player.

Interesting point they make about Shola dropping deep too, it's a 4-5-1 or 4-6-0 when defending and more a narrow 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 when we go forward. That's what you need against teams like Arsenal unless you are Barca level and Chris has done a great job in getting us setup like this with the players we have. Tiote seems to be the lynchpin in this at the moment, if we had to go back to having Smith there then it would probably fail.

It was very clever to keep the same team but adjust the system to suit the game. More managers should do this instead of thinking "better play one up front away from home".

It take good coaching to work as well, and a clear gameplan that the players understand. Credit to Hughton for both.

I was away and missed the game, but I've just watched a recording.

The team looks very relaxed but determined. Just the right mental state. We had a bit of luck, but we've had bad luck in other games so it evens out.

I like watching Arsenal, but that weakness at CB and keeper is going to keep letting them down.

I was away and missed the game, but I've just watched a recording.

The team looks very relaxed but determined. Just the right mental state. We had a bit of luck, but we've had bad luck in other games so it evens out.

I like watching Arsenal, but that weakness at CB and keeper is going to keep letting them down.

Think that was the best thing about our defending, it was intelligent rather than frantic and desperate.