Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 5 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Joint USA/Canada/Mexico bid for 2026.  What happens if Iran or Syria qualify?

Well that'll be shit for the fans.

Aye, it's a whole continent to travel between games.

Joint USA/Canada/Mexico bid for 2026.  What happens if Iran or Syria qualify?

Well that'll be shit for the fans.

Travelling fans being considered :yao: By that point FIFA will hope to have eradicated all proper fans from the game.

I understand a joint US/Mexican bid. The fuck is Canada doing in there though? :lol:

I mean, they have a handful of MLS teams/big cities basically on the border. It'll just be those locations. Why not?

Similarly I've always wanted to see an FA Cup year where everyone starts in the same round who enters. Would be class seeing some of the pairings. Clubs would be able to play scratch teams when they go to random 13th tier team so fixture congestion shouldn't be a problem, random clubs would hit the jackpot when they get a massive club, and if Man U v Chelsea in mid August, tough shit.

By 2026 the World Cup will have 128 teams, so they might need the help hosting.

I would actually love to see a straight 128 team knockout tournament as a one off, just for the carnage.

England beaten in the first round by Vatican City.

• 1 month later...

Talk of Qatar being stripped of hosting the world cup if their diplomatic relations don't improve. Us and the USA are favourites to step in.

Would likely work out worse for us than the 2026 bid. Never know. Maybe we could pick up Mexico's 10 games and have 20 here to USA's 60

So the Human Rights Watch has released a statement regarding the situations for the workers in Russia, at least 17 people dead (and you can probably multiply it by 4 at least to get a realistic number) and then you have the situation in Qatar on top of this which is by far worse. I find it extremely hard to find any sort of excitement for these World Cups, and to be honest, I almost hope teams refuse to go at some point.