Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Groups A and I are absolutely brutal. I in particular, Finland is basically their San Marino, all other games will be tense. Croatia-Turkey again, Ukraine-Iceland should be great match-up.

E is perhaps the most even qualifying group I've ever seen.

Could very well the second WC in a row with no Nordic teams.

England's group, christ almighty  :lol:

Could very well be the 3rd WC without Sweden. Nuts that Ibra is unlikely to see a WC since 2006. But then, the Dutch are garbage these days and it's quiet Unbelievable.  Even Lukashenko's boys will be tricky opponents

Sweden have every chance of at least making the play offs. Holland look dreadful atm and France usually make a meal of qualification.

Scotland are out biggest rivals in that group, and we absolutly fucked them without getting out of second gear not too long ago, England could arguably go 2 qualifications with 100% records :lol:

My initial thoughts on who'll qualify out of the groups. Pure bold directly, bold italic to knock-out.

Why so optimistic for Norway? (I'm asking out of curiosity. And also pessimism.)

Well, it's two parts. One part that I think we can take the Czech Republic and one part being that it's three years into the future. I have a lot of faith in a fair few of our young players so I think we'll be a better side by then, hopefully we may even have a new manager. It will no doubt turn out to be wrongly placed faith though, as always, and Ødegaard will be on the bench for some team in the 2. Bundesliga or something. :lol:

Scotland are out biggest rivals in that group, and we absolutly f***ed them without getting out of second gear not too long ago, England could arguably go 2 qualifications with 100% records :lol:

Slovakia should cause us problems, but really we should be qualifying with ease.

Why am I hearing that I is a group of death? Just looks like loads of similarly shite teams.

Because of that, everyone there apart from Finland are capable of beating any team, there is no team that is so much better than the others there.

Why am I hearing that I is a group of death? Just looks like loads of similarly s**** teams.

Because of that, everyone there apart from Finland are capable of beating any team, there is no team that is so much better than the others there.

Aye but no one cares because they are all shite.

Why am I hearing that I is a group of death? Just looks like loads of similarly s**** teams.

Aye but no one cares because they are all shite.

And? It still doesn't take away from the fact that it's going to be a difficult group to get out of.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bit of a disadvantage that we'll likely lose a few of our players in the forthcoming international games, most of our rivals players will have 2 weeks off, yet we are expected to lose:

Ciaran Clark - Ireland vs Wales

Daryl Murphy - Ireland vs Wales

Paul Dummett - Ireland vs Wales

Grant Hanley - Scotland vs Slovenia

Matt Ritchie - Scotland vs Slovania

Aleksandar Mitrovic - Georgia vs Serbia

Mats Sels - Belgium vs Greece

Senegal (Diame) and DR Congo (Mbemba) both have friendly matches. Senegal have 2 but both are in Europe. Doesn't look like Ghana have any games announced.

Not sure if Anita or Elliot will be in their respective squads.

Yedlin and Hayden would have been on duty as well but I assume injury will rule them out of their respective matches.

Quite a core of the team gone there which would have been better resting / training together for 2 weeks.

Bit of a disadvantage that we'll likely lose a few of our players in the forthcoming international games, most of our rivals players will have 2 weeks off, yet we are expected to lose:

Senegal (Diame) and DR Congo (Mbemba) both have friendly matches. Senegal have 2 but both are in Europe. Doesn't look like Ghana have any games announced.

Yedlin and Hayden would have been on duty as well but I assume injury will rule them out of their respective matches.

Quite a core of the team gone there which would have been better resting / training together for 2 weeks.

Most of them need games. Only Ritchie really you would like to see rested.

Most of them need games. Only Ritchie really you would like to see rested.

Clark and Dummett clearly don't "need games".  Would rather Murphy didn't play either give where we are in the season and his age.