Enrique   6.5

Routledge   8.5

Guthrie   5

Tiote   7.5

Jonas   5

Carroll   7

Shola   3

Ranger   6

2 or 3 poor performances but mostly good. Routledge and Simpson shouldn't be broken up next game. Time for Jonas to sit back on the bench. He's been pitiful for the last 5 games now.

How in any reality was that performance from Jonas pitiful?

Second half = run run RUN RUN, what's that? Ranger is in a good position for a cross/through ball? Oh well. run run RUN RUN RUN aww, no more ball. :(

First half was rather good, though. As he crossed the ball.

I know, and I've criticised him for that plenty in the past. But how that can be described as some sort of abysmal performance from him is beyond me.

I can't quite believe we got through that second half without conceding. So many dodgy moments and Chelsea near misses. But considering our usual centre-back pairing was missing, that was a one hell of a defensive performance. Good to see that Sol can still cut it at this level.

Krul   6

Simpson   7

Taylor   7

Campbell   7

Enrique   6.5

Routledge   8.5

Guthrie   5

Tiote   7.5

Jonas   5

Carroll   7

Shola   3

Ranger   6

2 or 3 poor performances but mostly good. Routledge and Simpson shouldn't be broken up next game. Time for Jonas to sit back on the bench. He's been pitiful for the last 5 games now.

How in any reality was that performance from Jonas pitiful?

He is the most frustrating player I think I've ever seen. He can do some brilliant things at times which just make you sit back and go "WOW" and then, like in the last 10 minutes, his first touch is extremely poor and he can't pick out a pass.

He has two choices - pass to the free man, or run around two opoosition players - I just wish he'd take the easy option sometimes.

What did Jose do wrong today to deserve the low-ish ratings, exactly? Didn't do much in the attacking sense but considering who we were playing he did everything he could have.

Loved the part he nicked the ball off Sturridge, and stood over him with the "who's your daddy" look in his eyes.

Guest firetotheworks

i think i missed routledge having a good game

Then you must have missed the match tbh mate. :lol:

what did he do?

Had a shot cleared off the line, played some decent crosses, provided width, supported Simpson well, relieved pressure with an out-ball. The width part is the most important for me.

Routledge was good but the love on here for him is slightly ott, didnt think he was our best player!

his role as a wide mid is to protect his full back & give opinions in attack, both of which he did well, but also to give delivery for ac& co to attack, which he didn't.

In essence, he did no better than jonas, jonas just more frustrating due to his tenancy to lose the ball.

For me tiote was motm, broke play down well, very calm in defence & it seemed all midfield passing went through him.

It was a very good point. After a very bright start, we just dropped back and gave them complete control of the match. I thought our defenders played well with Jose being the pick of the bunch, in midfield Tiote shown at the start but then couldn't get into the game because we barely touched the ball in the second half. Guthrie had a bright start and likewise disappeared. His passing was crisp to begin with but then became too tentative in the second half. His set pieces were woeful too. He looks quite unfit and was huffing and puffing at the end; not a surprise though for someone who hasn't had too many games.

I'm just not sure whether we played poorly today - and by poorly I mean our inability to keep the ball/create chances - or they just have better players and their dominance was always going to happen, so I can't fault too many of our players for not playing well. Even Routledge who played well in the first half wasn't able to get in the game in the second half, although he still showed flashes of good play.

What did Jose do wrong today to deserve the low-ish ratings, exactly? Didn't do much in the attacking sense but considering who we were playing he did everything he could have.

Loved the part he nicked the ball off Sturridge, and stood over him with the "who's your daddy" look in his eyes.

This. People probably just marked him down because of a few dodgy balls forward.