Enrique   6.5

Routledge   8.5

Guthrie   5

Tiote   7.5

Jonas   5

Carroll   7

Shola   3

Ranger   6

2 or 3 poor performances but mostly good. Routledge and Simpson shouldn't be broken up next game. Time for Jonas to sit back on the bench. He's been pitiful for the last 5 games now.

How in any reality was that performance from Jonas pitiful?

Second half = run run RUN RUN, what's that? Ranger is in a good position for a cross/through ball? Oh well. run run RUN RUN RUN aww, no more ball. :(

First half was rather good, though. As he crossed the ball.

I know, and I've criticised him for that plenty in the past. But how that can be described as some sort of abysmal performance from him is beyond me.

tbh I'm inclined to agree with Ronaldo on this. I think, given how Chelsea were chasing the game only really had their CBs back (with Ranger) at the times Jonas ran the ball away, we could have had a chance at a counter attack goal at the end if only Jonas had passed for Ranger as Ranger does have pace.

Mind, Ranger would probably have fluffed a one one one. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What did Jose do wrong today to deserve the low-ish ratings, exactly? Didn't do much in the attacking sense but considering who we were playing he did everything he could have.

Loved the part he nicked the ball off Sturridge, and stood over him with the "who's your daddy" look in his eyes.

He was good, there was just a few times where his passing was questionable, and made some minor mistakes-

i think i missed routledge having a good game

Then you must have missed the match tbh mate. :lol:

what did he do?

Had a shot cleared off the line, played some decent crosses, provided width, supported Simpson well, relieved pressure with an out-ball. The width part is the most important for me.

i saw him tracking back at one point which i'd applaud. have a read back of what you've posted and ask if there's anything there that you wouldnt expect of him anyway, thats not a particularly good game, its just being on the pitch and not being shit. i saw him put one cross in, on the one occasion where he tried to take cole on. fair enough cole's a hell of a LB but he just doesnt try and get at people in this league which is his biggest problem

Guest firetotheworks

i think i missed routledge having a good game

Then you must have missed the match tbh mate. :lol:

what did he do?

Had a shot cleared off the line, played some decent crosses, provided width, supported Simpson well, relieved pressure with an out-ball. The width part is the most important for me.

i saw him tracking back at one point which i'd applaud. have a read back of what you've posted and ask if there's anything there that you wouldnt expect of him anyway, thats not a particularly good game, its just being on the pitch and not being s***. i saw him put one cross in, on the one occasion where he tried to take cole on. fair enough cole's a hell of a LB but he just doesnt try and get at people in this league which is his biggest problem

You've got to be kidding? Ashley Cole is a 'hell of a LB'? He's the best LB in the world, and Routledge provided him with enough problems. He definitely improved the way that we play offensively.

An excellent point for us, now we have to take it into West Brom game.

Krul 8

Jose 8

Campbell 8

Taylor 7.5

Simpson 7

Jonas 7.5

Tiote 8

Guthrie 7

Routledge 7.5

Carroll 8

Ameobi 6

Sol and Tiote were the main men for me, Jose done well to defend aswell and had more to do than Simpson did. Jonas was great and tried to get the ball going forward however towards the end you could see that he was tired. Routledge did well but I got frustrated that he took too long in crossing the ball, but that could have been down to noone beng in the box.

Getting a draw against the champions is a good result, they were only really weaker in central midfield with Lampard & Essien out but Malouda came in there and was very good. Our lads kept going and worked really hard, didn't show that much ambition second half but perhaps that was smart.

Krul - Played well, can't kick though. Did well with most crosses/set pieces.

Simpson - Not much to say, barely got forward but that's ok. Rarely skinned anyway.

Enrique - Just seen he got Sky man of the match, did very well in one on one's.

Campbell - Class, read everything well. Tired towards the end leading to his only real error but we got away with it.

Taylor - Very good, one or two dodgy moments, was lucky Kalou missed an open goal but wasn't bad at all.

Tiote - Great as always

Guthrie - Not bad, didn't give the ball away much but didn't create an awful lot either. Lots of sideways passes, which we have Tiote for.

Routledge - First good game in ages, wish he'd take on his man more, was great to see him actually go past Cole on occasions.

Jonas - Average. If he'd got his head up he could have put Ranger in, plenty of endeavour but as ever, no end product.

Shola - Captain idiot. He's such a confidence player missing the chance in the first minute meant it was all downhill from there. One to forget for Shola, who is back to normal.

Carroll - Constant threat first half, isolated second half. Good shift from the big lad.

Ranger - Useful in the last 20 in games like this/Arsenal, happy to run the channels in the stretched games but wouldn't want to rely on him for goals. Some day maybe, but not yet.

Hughton - There was only one team he could pick really once Nolan was out so his only decision was already made in that respect. Was it right to sit off Chelsea once we'd gone ahead? Maybe. Had we made it to half time who knows, we've ultimately only conceded to a lucky deflected goal. No doubt he'll get a panning for being negative but it's a point gained, so let's enjoy it.

Excellent and well deserved point. Got off to a great start, with Carroll winning everything in the air and Tiote prompting in midfield. Felt we stood off Chelsea a bit too much, but it was perhaps to be expected with them being champions. Thought Carroll, Tiote and Campbell did really well, and also Routledge turned in a good shift against Cole.

Oh and Souness is still a ****.

Outplayed in midfield but defended very well, which restricted them to only a few chances. Campbell and Taylor showed a more no-nonsense style as opposed to Colo-Willi. The fact we were sitting back probably suited them as they are both good in the air. The full backs also deserve praise, Enrique in particular was outstanding. Campbell's lack of pace may be exposed when we push forward at teams and there is more space behind him, but he and Taylor look promising on today's evidence and the other two will have to work hard to get back into the team.

All our crossing was from deep and Carroll had little to work with all day. The better balls fell to Ameobi who was wasteful. Routledge was decent, Jonas didn't have one of his better days giving the ball away in his own half a few times but hard working as always. Tiote very solid, Guthrie started well but faded.

We might have nicked it on another day, but we can't complain at all with a point. Good result.

Anyone thought we missed Nolan today?

I don't think so, but just want to gauge the opinions on here. I don't think he would have offered something that we didn't have this game. This game needed something that I don't think any of our players currently have, bar maybe Ben Arfa, and we were always going to play this way against a good, dominant team like Chelsea. We're always going to play this way against the best teams in the league which is why I think Nolan is superfluous when we need to play as a team like that.