Sol Campbell

TRon

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If he's played in the odd game, and not consistently like this, I can see him being a decent backup. He came on and did very well against Man City, Bolton and played well against Chelsea- when he plays regularly he seems to go downhill.

Guest schmuck

If he's played in the odd game, and not consistently like this, I can see him being a decent backup. He came on and did very well against Man City, Bolton and played well against Chelsea- when he plays regularly he seems to go downhill.

Agreed, you could say he should be the first centre back off the bench during a match but the last to be chosen for a start

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

When he gets the ball at his feet he shits himself. Awful distribution and for someone so experienced his positioning is f***ing dire.

For someone of his experience, I can't believe what he did for their goal. What the fuck was he thinking?

When he gets the ball at his feet he shits himself. Awful distribution and for someone so experienced his positioning is f***ing dire.

For someone of his experience, I can't believe what he did for their goal. What the f*** was he thinking?

And last week for their 3rd!

He's proved me wrong sol, I was pushing for him to get a run of games prior to williamsons suspension.

How wrong I was. Been woefull last 2 games.

Needs dropping, and should be 4th choice.

His positioning is fucking shocking!

Sol made Taylor look like the king of composure today, and thats saying something. Colo walks back in, no doubt. I think STaylor's done ok and should keep his place. I dont get the continual bashing of the lad on here. Yes he's been awful in the past, I myself have pillared him many times, but he's done more that ok since coming back in. Add's more physicality that Willo too, after his drop in form.

This is the main issue with Taylor at the moment.  He's being overshadowed by Sol in the crappiness department and it's making him look alright for a starting place (when he's obviously not).

Sol made Taylor look like the king of composure today, and thats saying something. Colo walks back in, no doubt. I think STaylor's done ok and should keep his place. I dont get the continual bashing of the lad on here. Yes he's been awful in the past, I myself have pillared him many times, but he's done more that ok since coming back in. Add's more physicality that Willo too, after his drop in form.

This is the main issue with Taylor at the moment.  He's being overshadowed by Sol in the crappiness department and it's making him look alright for a starting place (when he's obviously not).

Came in and didnt look quite as bad as everyone is making out. Much better than Sol still trying to prove hes Dorian f'ing Gray

Came in and didnt look quite as bad as everyone is making out. Much better than Sol still trying to prove hes Dorian f'ing Gray

Thank you for proving my point.

Pleasure  :aww: keen to see willicini back anyhow

Thank you for proving my point.

He's blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes.

He can still do the basics better than Taylor can. (I expect criticism for saying that though)

I watched Taylor closely in the first half, simpy in the hope that during his long layoff he would have changed certain aspects of his game. Unfortunately for us he still doesn't track the man and spends far too much time pointing to mask his own inadequacies.

Coloccini and Williamson would be my first choice partnership for the time being.

:thup:

• 3 weeks later...

It pisses me off how some veterans go to clubs and have a bit of an Indian summer, performing well despite nearly being at the end of their careers.

We get knackered old shite like Cacapa and Viduka and it looks like Sol can be added to the list. I thought he would be a steady astute buy last summer but he's been a porky waste of time so far.