West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Krul 5- Thought he might have been able to do better with the last two goals, one or two nervous moments.

Simpson 5- Very little going forward, mediocre passing. Would have been screwed if he was up against Tchoyi all game but handled a very one dimensional Thomas ok

Campbell 4.5- Can't play 90 minutes, was very poor first 10 minutes and looked off the pace all game. Played defence splitting passes towards the end to put in Jonas which were our best passes all day.

Taylor 5- tbh i didn't think he did that much wrong. Had plenty of chances to sweep up after Odemwingie's first though. A little rusty but understandably.

Enrique 6- Dealt with a very tricky customer in tchoyi quite capably I thought. Passing was poor but that was down to a lack of options as much as him having a bad day.

Routledge 5.5 - got a few decent crosses in but never found himself in much space to do anything.

Guthrie 2.5 - Ratshit, hope the injury wasn't serious not that i want to see him back at all.

Tiote 6.5 - lost the ball once or twice but also stopped many attacking plays from WBA before they started. No Tiote today would have seen us get really f***ed up.

Jonas 4.5 - Should have got a better shot off when he got through. I felt he went missing today and very soft in any challenges.

Ameobi 4 - Can win a header but that is about all he is good for in the premiership. (+Penalties). Shouldn't have started today and I hope he won't again next match.

Carroll 4.5 - first bad game of the season

Lovenkrands 5.5 Has the capability to get free from a marker which is why i've said he should start ahead of Ameobi the last few games and today. Fluffs chances but more importantly gets them.

Totally outplayed by quick players that with great speed, stamina, close control and passing

Your not far off with this in my opinion.

I am a big fan of Enrique but this was the second time this season he has been poor. So Generous mark to Enrique who was raped by Tchoyi throughout the game.

Routledge was another that was totally ineffective not sure how he could have had a higher mark than Jonas who was at least equally as poor. The whole team really was poor though bar Tiote, who was the only nufc player who really played well.

Guthrie was terrible. Never thought i'd look forward so much to Nolans return. Barton should have played, where was he today?

Tchoyi was pretty quiet on the whole.

Also harsh on Jonas who was one of our better players in the second half.

Hughton 4 - Got his tactics horribly wrong in the first half and we were playing catch up from there. Players were sitting too deep and we rarely ventured out of our half. Second half was better but it was daft to bring Smith on when we needed some positivity from the midfield.

This, absolutely.

I still don't get it why we were so deep today and why we were so high up against for example Man City, where we should have been a bit deeper.  :undecided:

Tchoyi was quiet? :lol:

On the whole aye. Sounds daft when he scored but taking his game as a whole he beat Enrique once of note which resulted in his booking. He drifted inside for the goal which was a result of players being far too slow to close opposing players down.

Very disappointing and deeply worrying. Too many players who are clearly not Premier League class representing us on the pitch at the moment. We need Nolan, Barton, Collocini & probably Williamson going off the performance of our 2 centre halves today playing to stand any chance of staying up.

SSN saying Hughton kept the team in the dressing room for an hour...is that all? Hope he went Mike Basset on the useless nobshits.

They just ate their post-match pizza in there instead of the bus.

That'll teach 'em.

SSN saying Hughton kept the team in the dressing room for an hour...is that all? Hope he went Mike Basset on the useless nobshits.

Tomorrows Chronicle quotes:

"Very disappointing performance but heads didnt drop"

"Having another 90 minutes under Sol's belt is a huge plus"

"Cant wait now for Saturday to right the wrongs"

"Travelling fans deserve better."

"This group of lads know they're capable of better."

Not the best away day tbh. On the train atm which we had to wait 40 fucking minutes for due to delays. Shocking first half performance, completely outclassed for first 15 mins. However i did think we'd pull it back before they got they're second. Guthrie had an absolute poo stinker.

Guest palnese

Been out all day crimbo shopping with the misses, and I come back to this shit.  Fucking mint weekend this like.

Whipped.

Been out all day crimbo shopping with the misses, and I come back to this shit.  Fucking mint weekend this like.

Don't watch the highlights mate. Just accept that we lost badly and leave it at that. Trust me.

Don't watch the highlights mate. Just accept that we lost badly and leave it at that. Trust me.

I can accept defeat like, just pissed off the usual suspects decided not to show up again. Why was Barton not playing btw?

Guthrie

Routledge

Ameobi

Loven

Perch

Smith

Need to go over the next few windows and we need least 3 decent quality players in Jan to stay up imo.