West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

I know he's only played two games in the middle this season but I am seriously starting to lose patience with Guthrie

he's not up to this level, simple

Well that was utter garbage.

The funny thing is that we're only one down and actually had two really presentable chances. Need some changes and some arse-kicking in the dressing room. Wonder if we're missing Calderwood at times like this.

You're fucking right we are. He'd be on instead of Shola if he were still here.

Tiote has been fine. The commentators are right, we need a attacking mid. Guthrie is not that player. They are both sitting too deep and passing it sideways.

Might as well bring on Vuckic for Guthrie.

Agree. Guthrie is just as deep as Tiote and we have nobody to link up play in their half.  Vuckic would at least get forward and be available, which is more than what Guthrie is offering.  Guthrie isn't even helping us defend very well and his set pieces have been wank.  Pointless him being on the pitch.

Shola offers FUCKING nothing, abolutely nothing.  Doesn't even close people down.  I dont see the point in him being on the pitch.  I really dont.

Fuck off, gutless display, and fuck me Gutherie, free kick and lauches it miles away.  Fuck off.

That was a worse 45 mins that the first half at the Reebok. Absolutely no urgency and shocking performances all over the park. However medals dished out to messrs Guthrie, Guttierez and Shola for rank incompetence.

Lets have a gutsy sub for once Hughton, Ranger or Best on for Ameobi at the break.

We'd better off just lumping it forward tbh because there is no creativity in our midfield. Jonas is having to come right inside to see any of the ball, Carroll is dropping too deep and fuck knows where Shola is. Tiote is doing what he does quite well but half the time even he is more forward than guthrie.

So what was Chris's gameplan in that abysmal half, frustrate the opponents into getting sloppy? After we conceded I expected immediate changes, not necessarily in terms of personnel but at least style. We've struggled due to their close pressing and limiting our space, we've given them all the space they could want. Bollocks half that.

Tiote has been fine. The commentators are right, we need a attacking mid. Guthrie is not that player. They are both sitting too deep and passing it sideways.

Might as well bring on Vuckic for Guthrie.

Agree. Guthrie is just as deep as Tiote and we have nobody to link up play in their half.  Vuckic would at least get forward and be available, which is more than what Guthrie is offering.  Guthrie isn't even helping us defend very well and his set pieces have been w***.  Pointless him being on the pitch.

I don't think, were allowed to put players on who are not on our bench, but I could be wrong :)

i'd rather play Leon Best in midfield than Guthrie tbh. He tries to close people down, but is too unagile to actually do so, he doesn't get forward just sits back deep and plays sideways passes, his set pieces are shit