West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Tiote has been fine. The commentators are right, we need a attacking mid. Guthrie is not that player. They are both sitting too deep and passing it sideways.

Might as well bring on Vuckic for Guthrie.

Agree. Guthrie is just as deep as Tiote and we have nobody to link up play in their half.  Vuckic would at least get forward and be available, which is more than what Guthrie is offering.  Guthrie isn't even helping us defend very well and his set pieces have been w***.  Pointless him being on the pitch.

I don't think, were allowed to put players on who are not on our bench, but I could be wrong :)

Don't worry, turns out your right.  My bad for not checking the bench!

Preposterous decision to play Shola, yet again.

QFT. His inclusion, even if he's playing well, will always fuck us up because he has no ability to hold the ball up and nor can he run into space meaning the wingers need to have worldies every game to compensate for his inability to partner Carroll up top.

Fucking waste of time.

what a disheartening half. Guthrie is staying true to his stereotype - he's not up to premiership football playing like this, he really looks miles out of his depth.

Shola's been crap, though if we take him off we take off one of our biggest goal threats. on the other hand ranger would probably improve our general play and is full of the energy we're lacking :undecided:  not seeing an easy way back into this one - just hope we make something for carroll, perhaps from a set-piece, and try and keep a cleansheet for the next 45. easier said than done.

dare i say it,

smith for guthrie.............

No. Why would we play two fucking defensive midfielders, not to mention Smith who is barely a footballer? We have nobody to put on for Guthrie unless we change formation to 4-3-3 or something.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I've missed the whole Luis Enrique talk as I'm wathing adverts about the hottest cleats on the market  :thup:

:lol:

You should come over and watch the weekend football at mine.  :thup:

Good point above re Ranger. His general enthusiasm would be a huge positive to bring into what has been generally a completey moribund team effort.

http://i.imgur.com/YXyLr.png

bit mean to accuse shola of being anonymous before it's even started

It's pretty much spot on so far tbh. :lol:

How wrong I fucking was. They were being kind not to paste his number on top of a steaming pile.

dare i say it,

smith for guthrie.............

No. Why would we play two f***ing defensive midfielders, not to mention Smith who is barely a footballer? We have nobody to put on for Guthrie unless we change formation to 4-3-3 or something.

krul

simp say sol  enrique

tiote  smith  jonas

rout                        ranger

carroll

I'm fuming. Fucking shocking performance. What is Houghton's game plan FFS?! A disgrace that players jog around like a bunch of overweight hungover sunday leaguers.  Jonas to blame for the goal....soft as shite! Only players that try are Enrique, Taylor Carroll Krul.

Must take Shola and Guthrie off, maybe Jonas as well