Chris Hughton

stozo

Aye, dead lucky that everyone bar the two sides Norwich faced had nowt to play for and that all the other managers couldn't make better use of their superior squads. HAH!

We should change the thread title to a Ronaldo v Hughton one like the Parky one. Although I'd have to say Hughton has already won a few times over.  O0

TBF to Hughton, the old mad bastard Crumpy hated him more.

We should change the thread title to a Ronaldo v Hughton one like the Parky one. Although I'd have to say Hughton has already won a few times over.  O0

Crumpy is a good guy, but he seems to hate everyone (or end up doing so) :lol:

Crumpy is a good guy, but he seems to hate everyone (or end up doing so) :lol:

:thup: Passionate people, passionate places etc.

Have to say Norwich this season weren't that impressive but got the job done, hopefully Van Wolfswinkel will get the goals they need. Their team isn't great at all and desperately needs more in attack. Hughton isn't going to try all the different formations and tactics Lambert did and they're a pretty boring team right now.

He'll need to push on and make them more aggressive next season to stop them sliding imo.

Have to say Norwich this season weren't that impressive but got the job done, hopefully Van Wolfswinkel will get the goals they need. Their team isn't great at all and desperately needs more in attack. Hughton isn't going to try all the different formations and tactics Lambert did and they're a pretty boring team right now.

He'll need to push on and make them more aggressive next season to stop them sliding imo.

As much as I respect Hughton I can't hope any other club does well because I'm not remotely confident we will do better.

Norwich will be equally as gash next season, they've one aim and they've achieved it the last 2 seasons. They're a small club, and although I like them, they're only ever going to get as far as Stoke/Wigan at best due the modern financial constraints of futebol.

Think they've shown some ambition with securing fairly big signing early for them, we'll see could go either way.

As for hoping other relation rivals to do ill, we can't rely on others helping us out, we'll continue to be as poor next season until Pardew gets sacked when no progress has been made

Surprised he wasn't, tbh. Those last 2 games against teams not turning up has saved them and him, big time.

He made his team go out and attack those 2 games after weeks of playing it safe according to the Norwich fan at my work. Also see Hughton's comments from before the WBA game about having to go all out for the win. It worked and they won convincingly.

Compare that to our manager's approach to the QPR game and the usual huge period of hanging on to the lead that we had and you'll see what needs seeing. It also worked but the squads they had to play with show what we're dealing with here. In other words Pardew was never an upgrade and that's not the reason he was brought in. Nobody's saying Hughton is perfect but the change wasn't warranted.

Surprised he wasn't, tbh. Those last 2 games against teams not turning up has saved them and him, big time.

He made his team go out and attack those 2 games after weeks of playing it safe according to the Norwich fan at my work. Also see Hughton's comments from before the WBA game about having to go all out for the win. It worked and they won convincingly.

Compare that to our manager's approach to the QPR game and the usual huge period of hanging on to the lead that we had and you'll see what needs seeing. It also worked but the squads they had to play with show what we're dealing with here. In other words Pardew was never an upgrade and that's not the reason he was brought in. Nobody's saying Hughton is perfect but the change wasn't warranted.

pardew's fear-based approach to escaping relegation was a sight to behold really, i don't you'll ever see another manager ever try such a thing 'cause it's so fucking stupid :lol:

as regards the bit in bold i agree the change wasn't warranted, i'm also not convinced hughton would have been any more successful on the pitch than pardew this season given the type of player carr has been buying...none of them are suited to play the game of either manager

Hughton is probably a better manager than Pardew. Then again, we've all accepted at this point that a pile of dog poo is a better manager than Pardew.

That said, replacing him was probably worth it in hindsight just for the fluke of finishing fifth last year.

hughton might have the smarts to adapt to the type of player we've purchased, hard to say 'cause he's never really worked with that calibre of player as a manager

Which is why i'm personally looking forward to watching how Norwich do next year, with the likes of Van Wolfswinkel joining them. 

Hughton was growing as a manager with the team. I often hear that the football we played under him wasn't very good but in reality it was mostly good to watch and got the best out of our players at the time, not to mention getting some incredible results. Players like Ben Arfa came into the team and didn't look out of place and I have no doubts that if we had given him players like Cabaye he could have utilised them in a system. Hughton will always be able to get more out of any types of player than Pardew, if you watch his teams they always do the basics well, movement and shape. Get that right and then the quality of players should only help you push on.

• 3 months later...

Just heard his full statement ruling himself out of the vacant Ireland job. Can't find it in print anywhere in full so can't post, but he's such a classy man. Brilliantly worded and respectful statement of both Ireland and Norwich. Wish everyone in football had this man's attitude.

Agreed, was like when Pardew ruled himself out of the England vacancy, showed a lot of respect for both country and club. Nice touch when managers can do this unlike Redknapp at Spurs.

Just heard his full statement ruling himself out of the vacant Ireland job. Can't find it in print anywhere in full so can't post, but he's such a classy man. Brilliantly worded and respectful statement of both Ireland and Norwich. Wish everyone in football had this man's attitude.

Agreed, was like when Pardew ruled himself out of the England vacancy, showed a lot of respect for both country and club. Nice touch when managers can do this unlike Redknapp at Spurs.

Especially good batch of crack today by the looks.

Especially good batch of crack today by the looks.

:lol:

Wow :lol: