Chris Hughton

stozo

Think he'll have a task on his hands keeping them up next season if he does go mind, wish him all the luck though, will be nice to see him back at SJB. :thup:

is he going to be arriving by coach? :lol:

Wonder what the odds of Guthrie following him to Norwich are?

FWIW, the feeling down here about Hughton coming in seems very positive, not seen one negative comment thus far!  Will be a tough ask for him but I reckon he's up to the job.

Guest Phil K

Better off staying at Brum isn't he? Can't see him getting any money to keep norwich up.

He nearly did it at Birmingham, with less to work with (a LOT less seeing as there was an exodus of players) and he'll be virtually told either top 2 by Christmas or you're out, whereas he's got more to work with, albeit in a tougher league - a LOT tougher - and being sacked at a Prem club will still lead to jobs, but at a Championship club only one way and thats down.

Personally, I think he would have got Brum close again, but not up - he'd already expected to lose some players and he'd be back to square one and needed to build just about from scratch.

Better to go to Norwich even for less money.

Guest neesy111

Wish Hughton the best of luck, but he's probably getting relegated. I'd have stayed.

Birmingham financially are in a big black hole as things stand so think they'd struggle if they have to sell players.

Wish Hughton the best of luck, but he's probably getting relegated. I'd have stayed.

I would rather have the challenge of keeping a team in the Prem than trying to get a team into it from the Championship.

Very, very difficult task for him - Norwich currently one of my predictions for relegation as it stands. He'll need to find his feet at the club quickly but it'll represent a good chance to grow and shine. :thup:

Not when they lose their top scorer and other teams get stronger (including the well backed promoted sides. Will be similar to us expecting a top 5 finish again.

Norwich will probably get stronger too. The Holt money (if he even goes) plus any funds Hughton gets will give them a good chance to improve their squad.

Time will tell about the promoted teams, though WBA, Swansea, Villa and possibly Wigan are all basically starting from scratch too. The bottom half will be massively interesting next year.