Alan Pardew

JH

Steven Taylor seems happy...  :rolleyes:

Leon Best already frozen out from the rest of the squad  :razz:

It's like 20 pictures of the indoor training session, then randomly, Best just looking clueless alone out in the snow... :laugh:

"So, uh...what do I do now?"

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5046/5249198550_b5fe50a0b2_z.jpg

Steven Taylor seems happy...  :rolleyes:

Leon Best already frozen out from the rest of the squad  :razz:

It's like 20 pictures of the indoor training session, then randomly, Best just looking clueless alone out in the snow... :laugh:

"So, uh...what do I do now?"

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5046/5249198550_b5fe50a0b2_z.jpg

He looks like he's in the middle of belting out Hello.

"Oi! Leon! You look a bit like Lionel Richie. Stand over there and sing that song about the blind lassy."

With managers, its about the right person for the right job at the right time. Its better to employ someone whos going to see the job as a step up, rather than a step down.

Even Brian Clough probably the most talented manager the English game has seen failed when he was put in the wrong job. When looking at potential managers, you have to apply a bit of thought and imagination. Public reputations about who is good can come and go very easily.

Dealing with this point and sort of changing the subject, I actually agree with you to a large extent. I think time and place can be vital in deciding whether something succeeds or fails.

That's part of what's so awful about what's taken place. The stars aligned 15 months ago, and the right blend of characters came together by chance - a manager that was inclined to give players individual responsibility and players who rose to that challenge etc. We had the bedrock of a dynasty in my view - a positive and self-policing dressing room who were instilling their excellent ethos into new signings which meant it would outlive any individual. I'll happily quote some social science crap from cutting edge thinkers to back up my view if it would help convince anyone.

This has now been majorly disrupted, and I expect it will be extinguished completely very soon by the Board and its' chosen servants' actions. Even someone determined to see glints of sunlight emerge from Derek Llambias' arsecheeks should see this whole affair has been a massive failure of thought and imagination.

I'd agree. This is what Ashley and Llambias have underestimated, and I think it's the important issue, rather than how 'good' or 'crap' you might rate Pardew as a manager.

From the pictures:

Harper looks handy with goalposts.

Taylor looks happy he'll get a proper chance.

Nolan doesn't care.

Campbell is sceptical.

Pardew has a leaky pen.

Stolen UEFA clipboards FTW.

Jonny has glasses and a job at NUFC.

Best is lost.

Guest ovesbar

I think ovesbar is spot on tbh. 

Football fans may be fickle but not all of us believe in sacking a manager after a couple of bad results.

I can promise you that if we play as poor against Liverpool as we did against WBA and Bolton, people on here will go completely insane. Pardew faces an incredible difficult task, as he would not only have to keep us up, but he would have to impress most of us, both in terms of how they play and results. I have never said Pardew was the right man, or the way they did it was anything other than horrendous, but I think many on here would be calling for Hughtons head if we went 10 games without a win, and I think that was a very likely scenario. (Again, just my personal view based on what I have seen of us this season).

Dont know why I even bother..trying to defend some of this decision on this forum is like trying to speak about human rights in North Korea.

You still aren't going anywhere with this argument. Your whole argument is based on a mystic meg type prediction. I can't be bothered to look at the facts right now but I'm pretty sure that under Hughton we have followed up most bad results with a good one.

Well we have gone 5 games without a win. Against teams we need to take points from, and we managed to get a lucky point against Chelsea in their worst form in the last decade. When our team only plays good in against the big teams, or our rivals I think the manager should take his part of the blame. Its not like its a slump in form, we have only managed to beat 1 of the 9 mid to down table teams we have met, and none at home.

Sorry mate you have your facts wrong, very wrong. Who cares if it is home or away? I didn't realise there was a rule in the league that said home wins are better than aways? Look I'm not going to carry on with this discussion because I'm at work and it's just silly.

Please enlighten me. What is so wrong about my facts? Do you categorize Everton, Villa and Arsenal as mid to downtable teams? Ill give you Sunderland, but again, that is a local derby which doesnt take away the point about being motivated.

Just going by the facts ie the league table.

So if Blackpool was in the top 5 when we met them, you would classify them as one of the top teams? Most of us know that its not Everton and Villa we will be fighting against when it comes to relegation. Its Wigan, Blackburn, WBA and so on.

We're 16 games into what's proving to be a bit of a weird season. Blackpool are a bit special, admittedly, but a time comes when you have to give results credit and it's Everton and Aston Villa in 15th and 16th and Bolton Wanderers in 6th. Fact is we're nearly halfway through the season and we've not lost to any of the bottom 7 - P5 W3 D2 L0

Its about the next 5 games for me because that is when I think we would hit the relegation-zone, and something tells me more and more people would start to question Hughtons abilities. No matter how patient you may be, 10 games without a victory would put lots off pressure on both him and the team, and suddenly we could face a managerial change in the worst part of the season, just like in our relegation-season.

If Ashley and his crew lost confidence in Hughton, I think this was the right time to make a change. I am not saying that Pardew is the right man, or that Ashley knows what he is doing, Im just saying that I think it is better to make the change now than to wait until the new guy would have to battle from the relegation-zone rather than against the relegation-zone.

I would be just as happy for 3 points under Pardew, and it is not his fault that they sacked Hughton. Even if he went behind Hughtons back to get the job, it was not his decision to make. If I were jobless and some attractive company offered me a job that was likely to become vacant, I would have taken it.

Still hate Pardew but thats human nature its like someone taking your pet dog and being given a Skunk and saying thanks very much i will give it all my love and attention  :facepalm:

Well yes, but it seems to me most people on here would want to cut of the skunks head and put it on a pole.

I want the head of the guy who took my dog.

I see your point regarding this season, but I am 100% sure that neither Everton or Villa will be involved in the relegation-battle during the second half of the season. As long as those two are behind us, we are absolutely safe imo.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/107511725.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E69BBCC2EE56A3E1407BC5ADE81C955C2B6865B332D31289EE

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/107511720.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6B10E4E43E88B01F97BC5ADE81C955C2B249E7DED9BDF475A

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/107511722.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E673318E88112872BA7BC5ADE81C955C2BCEED2167ED9D7471

Fucking hell at least the lads are happy :kinnear:

Looked like the windows had been smashed in the clubshop this morning when i drove past.Coppers were there.

Was it club shop at SJP? Mate told me this morning and I assumed it was club shop up there but never clarified.

Aye at the ground.

Went past about an hour ago and couldn't see any damage at all.  The one next to Shearer's Bar?

Looked like the windows had been smashed in the clubshop this morning when i drove past.Coppers were there.

Was it club shop at SJP? Mate told me this morning and I assumed it was club shop up there but never clarified.

Aye at the ground.

Went past about an hour ago and couldn't see any damage at all.  The one next to Shearer's Bar?

Should have gone to Specsavers.

He did sign Benayoun but  I'm also worried that he's the type that'll prefer the likes of Guthrie, Smith, Routledge and S,Taylor to Tiote, Jonas and Colo.

Aye at the ground.

What was broken then?  Walked past on one side of the road, saw nowt, crossed over and had a look again, all windows present and correct.  unless they've fixed it sharpish?

Aye at the ground.

What was broken then?  Walked past on one side of the road, saw nowt, crossed over and had a look again, all windows present and correct.  unless they've fixed it sharpish?

Wind.

My main concern about this guy is whats his opinion about Ben Arfa? Having put Tevez and Macerano in the bench I doubt if he like foreigners at all..... does this mean the end of Jonas Enerique and Colo?

With everything that has gone on you are worried what will happen with Ben Afra?  Ben Afra is not NUFC. FFS

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone else noticed that Andy Carroll will pick up the Player of the month award before kick off tomorrow? Whats the odds on it being staged as Pardew walks out? :shifty:

My main concern about this guy is whats his opinion about Ben Arfa? Having put Tevez and Macerano in the bench I doubt if he like foreigners at all..... does this mean the end of Jonas Enerique and Colo?

With everything that has gone on you are worried what will happen with Ben Afra?  Ben Afra is not NUFC. FFS

He hates dirty foreigners, man! :lol: