Alan Pardew

JH

It's only because Wullie, Colocho and the like define "fan" as anyone who doesn't include the words "fat cunt" in any and all mentions of Ashley and fails to whine and whinge the entire fucking time.

:thup: spot on. They're both good posters but very one-eyed at times.

It's only because Wullie, Colocho and the like define "fan" as anyone who doesn't include the words "fat cunt" in any and all mentions of Ashley and fails to whine and whinge the entire fucking time.

Aye, cos you never moaned about "Fat Fred". Talk about the pot and the kettle, Jesus. You never posted about anything else (apart from Stephen Spence of course) for a three year period.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=1001;sa=showPosts;start=5730

If it's one eyed to dislike a bloke who got us relegated, uses the club as a Job Centre for his gambling buddies and continues to sell off our best assets, then yes, I'm one eyed.

Canny ridiculous to be accused of that given what he's done to the club, but then this is exactly what I mean.

It's only because Wullie, Colocho and the like define "fan" as anyone who doesn't include the words "fat c***" in any and all mentions of Ashley and fails to whine and whinge the entire f***ing time.

If it's one eyed to dislike a bloke who got us relegated, uses the club as a Job Centre for his gambling buddies and continues to sell off our best assets, then yes, I'm one eyed.

Canny ridiculous to be accused of that given what he's done to the club, but then this is exactly what I mean.

So what Ozzie and Pilko have said = "Mike Ashley fan club" in your book? ???

It's not even about your 'dislike' of Ashley. I dislike him too. I was more getting at the negativity or cynicism when Ashley does actually get something right, be it through judgement or dumb luck. He's clearly a prat, but this doesn't mean everything he does is totally shit and to the detriment of the club.

The above paragraph comes not from an Ashley fanboy, but from someone who is resigned to seeing him at the top of the club for the forseeable and who is trying to see the positives his ownership brings, however scant they may be.

I certainly think there's far far more support for him than there was for Shepherd for example, despite the latter having done far more for NUFC and having a will for us to be better, despite being dreadful at putting that into practice. There's a significant minority on here that don't mind the team being dire as long as Ashley's accountant is happy. I don't understand that and I never will.

I certainly think there's far far more support for him than there was for Shepherd for example, despite the latter having done far more for NUFC and having a will for us to be better, despite being dreadful at putting that into practice. There's a significant minority on here that don't mind the team being dire as long as Ashley's accountant is happy. I don't understand that and I never will.

Where is this 'support'? And this minority that 'don't mind the team being dire'? I can't see any serious poster like that on here.

Neither do I, but I just don't think that particular view is as widespread as you do.

It's only because Wullie, Colocho and the like define "fan" as anyone who doesn't include the words "fat c***" in any and all mentions of Ashley and fails to whine and whinge the entire f***ing time.

FWIW I'd rather sit through pages of Wullie's bias than read a single post from an embittered old nothing like Ozzie.

there are different sections of thought about ashley. one that he's put more cash into the club than anyone else, another understands that right now and in the recent past we weren't in a position to spend like we had in the past, another is that his handling of the club in the remainder of the season after keegan left was the massivly major factor in us getting relegated and that last season and this he's gone a little way to digging himself out of that.

however there are some for whom he can never do any good and if we won the league next season would whinge that had he done blah blah blah earlier then we'd have won it earlier and has as a result cost us 2 years on the path to world domination.

FWIW I'd rather sit through pages of Wullie's bias than read a single post from an embittered old nothing like Ozzie.

A splendid backhanded compliment. :aww:

there are different sections of thought about ashley. one that he's put more cash into the club than anyone else, another understands that right now and in the recent past we weren't in a position to spend like we had in the past, another is that his handling of the club in the remainder of the season after keegan left was the massivly major factor in us getting relegated and that last season and this he's gone a little way to digging himself out of that.

however there are some for whom he can never do any good and if we won the league next season would whinge that had he done blah blah blah earlier then we'd have won it earlier and has as a result cost us 2 years on the path to world domination.

Aye righto.

What about the school of thought that he did indeed fuck up the relegation season and he's doing his damnedest to fuck this one up as well? Can he not just be like the owner/chairman at real football clubs and leave the fuck alone unless things are really going down the tubes? If he'd kept Carroll and kept Hughton, I'd have been absolutely dandy at this point in time. I still wouldn't like him and would happily see him thrown off the Tyne Bridge with rocks tied to him but at least make some pretense towards not making an utter arse of things just because he can.

People continue to be downhearted and comment on it because he continues to make fucking ridiculous "mistakes" on a regular basis.

Aye righto.

What about the school of thought that he did indeed fuck up the relegation season and he's doing his damnedest to fuck this one up as well? Can he not just be like the owner/chairman at real football clubs and leave the fuck alone unless things are really going down the tubes? If he'd kept Carroll and kept Hughton, I'd have been absolutely dandy at this point in time. I still wouldn't like him and would happily see him thrown off the Tyne Bridge with rocks tied to him but at least make some pretense towards not making an utter arse of things just because he can.

People continue to be downhearted and comment on it because he continues to make fucking ridiculous "mistakes" on a regular basis.

pretty much this. swapping hughton for pardew so he could sell who he wanted when he wanted was the final straw for me. i'd been extremely understanding of him up until then.

Aye righto.

What about the school of thought that he did indeed f*** up the relegation season and he's doing his damnedest to f*** this one up as well? Can he not just be like the owner/chairman at real football clubs and leave the f*** alone unless things are really going down the tubes? If he'd kept Carroll and kept Hughton, I'd have been absolutely dandy at this point in time. I still wouldn't like him and would happily see him thrown off the Tyne Bridge with rocks tied to him but at least make some pretense towards not making an utter arse of things just because he can.

People continue to be downhearted and comment on it because he continues to make f***ing ridiculous "mistakes" on a regular basis.

pretty much this. swapping hughton for pardew so he could sell who he wanted when he wanted was the final straw for me. i'd been extremely understanding of him up until then.

Of course "iron man" Hughton would never have allowed Andy Carroll to hand in a transfer request or be sold to Liverpool for £35 million would he?  :rolleyes:

Aye righto.

What about the school of thought that he did indeed f*** up the relegation season and he's doing his damnedest to f*** this one up as well? Can he not just be like the owner/chairman at real football clubs and leave the f*** alone unless things are really going down the tubes? If he'd kept Carroll and kept Hughton, I'd have been absolutely dandy at this point in time. I still wouldn't like him and would happily see him thrown off the Tyne Bridge with rocks tied to him but at least make some pretense towards not making an utter arse of things just because he can.

People continue to be downhearted and comment on it because he continues to make f***ing ridiculous "mistakes" on a regular basis.

even keegan said at that price he'd have went along with selling carroll, fans at every other club have said the same and as i've also said i don't think pardew is a step backwads from hughton as a manager but a sideways step (we got promoted due to having a far better squad than anyone else rather than hughtons managerial brilliance).....oh and remeember the player you are on about wanted to leave to the extent of putting it in writing.

Fair enough, I think Pardew is a massive leap backwards and will completely fuck us up next season, if he doesn't take us down this one.

Who cares what the player wants? He was contracted to us, a brand new one. Fabregas wanted out of Arsenal. Who does he play for now? As for putting it in writing, Pardew even admits that he never even attempted to convince him to stay but just gave him the pen. The club were fucking desperate to get shot of Carroll.

Of course "iron man" Hughton would never have allowed Andy Carroll to hand in a transfer request or be sold to Liverpool for £35 million would he?  :rolleyes:

He didn't allow him to hand in a transfer request, he told him to hand it in.

Fair enough, I think Pardew is a massive leap backwards and will completely f*** us up next season, if he doesn't take us down this one.

Who cares what the player wants? He was contracted to us, a brand new one. Fabregas wanted out of Arsenal. Who does he play for now? As for putting it in writing, Pardew even admits that he never even attempted to convince him to stay but just gave him the pen. The club were f***ing desperate to get shot of Carroll.

arsenal will have a price in mind, once it's met he'll be off. lets face it, most people thought a 20mill bid would see carroll away. iu spurs had bid 12mill instead of 8mill for charlie adam do you think they'd have turned it down.

"Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice."

"Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice."

am i the only one to think he did have a choice ?

"He mentioned he wanted a new deal, otherwise he wanted out and to talk to Liverpool. I told him he had to put that in writing and he did," stated Pardew.

am i the only one to think he did have a choice ?

No, I think he had a choice.

I'm just countering the idea that it was Pardew who 'told him' to hand in a transfer request.