Alan Pardew

JH

Ian W, your last few posts have summed up exactly my feelings, take away the grammar,spellings and capital letters and it could've been me posting.

Ashley sympathiser!!!

Cheers like, think I need to have the weekend off the forum and take a look again in a few days. Pointless repeating the same old arguments.

The only thing that annoys me is people automatically believing the worst about everything to do with the club, while dismissing anything positive.

That's it basically, I don't expect people to believe everything that comes out of Pardew's mouth, but as far as I can see he's done well in his spell as manager and deserves a bit of credit.

So he said we wouldn't sell Carroll? So f***ing what, every manager says that about their big players... he probably didn't even contemplate a £30m bid arriving.

The only thing keeping any player at any club is the fact that a more successful club doesn't want to bid mega money for them. That's just life, there's no point shitting our pants about it.

My overall view is that we had a great season last season, we've added some decent players to our squad, and there's plenty time to make other signings. I don't really care about the amount of the Carroll money that's being spent on transfers, and I don't really care about this so called "lack of communication".

Shouldn't really bother posting during these self-flagellation sessions that break out, but I can't help it.

:thup:

Worst thing for me is I believe in the power of positive thinking. I think we largely get what we wish for, both singly and collectively. (And I don't mean 'I wish I had a Porsche' and one turns up in the next week.)

All these people expecting the worst are most likely going to get exactly what they wish for. The few of us who are more optimistic are not enough to make a difference.

Worst thing for me is I believe in the power of positive thinking. I think we largely get what we wish for, both singly and collectively. (And I don't mean 'I wish I had a Porsche' and one turns up in the next week.)

All these people expecting the worst are most likely going to get exactly what they wish for. The few of us who are more optimistic are not enough to make a difference.

:lol:

I think the opposite is true, I think your way of thinking is incredibly negative and defeatist.

I resent the insinuation that I "wish" for the worst. How do you come to that conclusion when the people who think like me are the ones who want proper investment and to improve the team by buying and keeping good players? How the fuck is that negative thinking? :lol:

Negative thinking is being content as long as we're ticking along and not going out of business.

I think the opposite is true, I think your way of thinking is incredibly negative and defeatist.

I resent the insinuation that I "wish" for the worst. How do you come to that conclusion when the people who think like me are the ones who want proper investment and to improve the team by buying and keeping good players? How the fuck is that negative thinking? :lol:

Negative thinking is being content as long as we're ticking along and not going out of business.

I find it interesting you thought I was addressing you. :lol:

I find it interesting you thought I was addressing you. :lol:

Pretty obvious that I'm in the demographic you were taking a pop at.

Guest ykmkmdd

Cheers like, think I need to have the weekend off the forum and take a look again in a few days. Pointless repeating the same old arguments.

Bollocks to that - if you're taking a few days off so am I - only way 'll be able to keep my wrists intact I reckon :lol:

Well collectively I guess you are, but I am not looking at individuals statements.

I'm expressing an observation that I think fits the bigger picture. The whole, the gestalt.

There have been some posters who have expressed concern we are a couple of injuries away from a relegation battle. Others are angry we have not signed player 'x' or player 'y' and finish off with statements saying thing like 'It's quite obvious we have no intention etc. etc.' despite not really knowing what the intentions are.

Then we have the tiresome posts that keep stating Ashley is only trying to make his money back.

Even if true, we, as a collective, can choose to view things positively, (having some faith if you like), or we can all be negative. That is what I am talking about, that the general consensus is one of negativity. And IF our collective thoughts can have any influence, (and there is scientific data to suggest they can), then we will reap what we sow.

No-one is denying we'd be better off with two or more three (quality) bodies in. It's about going with what we have.

(Not doing this justice as wife is making new curtains and needs my assistance, and boy is she getting pissed. I'll come back to it if need be.)

err, what? you mean you weren't joking?

fucking hell  :lol: :lol: :lol: that's mad, in the literal sense.

everyone get together and pray - there's scientific data that suggests it works!

Never actually mentioned praying, nor was the scientific data connected with the efficacy of prayer.

Would you like me to suggest a book to get you started?

I think Pardew often gets hung out to dry by Ashley etc. It's rather obvious Pardew hasn't got the answers to the big questions but he made his bed when he joined and now he's squirming in it.

2 or 3 more good signings would certainly appease the growing unrest however.

This was most evident in his first presser when Dekka shirked introducing him properly as the new manager.

I think Pardew often gets hung out to dry by Ashley etc. It's rather obvious Pardew hasn't got the answers to the big questions but he made his bed when he joined and now he's squirming in it.

Pardew's in a job which is more than he was before he signed on here. Not just any old job either, it's one of the best in football so I doubt he's squirming that much. He's publicly said that he's had great support from Ashley and Dekka as well.

Pardew's in a job which is more than he was before he signed on here. Not just any old job either, it's one of the best in football so I doubt he's squirming that much. He's publicly said that he's had great support from Ashley and Dekka as well.

I agree he's hit some kind of career jackpot but hearing him answer questions about the £35 million makes me worry. The excuses seem like they're thought up during the question.

I doubt he'd dare say anything negative about Big Derek and Ashley either. The "Carroll cannot be sold at any price" turned into "It's for the best innit" very quickly, for example.

I agree he's hit some kind of career jackpot but hearing him answer questions about the £35 million makes me worry. The excuses seem like they're thought up during the question.

I doubt he'd dare say anything negative about Big Derek and Ashley either. The "Carroll cannot be sold at any price" turned into "It's for the best innit" very quickly, for example.

its a rare manager who says something negative about his boss

its a rare manager who says something negative about his boss

True. Ironically, the things Keegan got his wrist slapped for saying are the things Pardew should be saying (publicly or privately).

It's becoming as clear as day, for me, that Pardew is just another one of the COCKNEY MAFIA . I don't particularly like the term but it's the only one to use so you know what i'm talking about. Looking into his more recent batches of quotes, it's obvious that he's reading from the same hymn-book as Ashley and Llambias. I don't know what their affiliations are away from football, but there must be some sort of previous relationship there and they've offered him a big break cos they 'trust' him.

Fortunately, i think he's a reasonable manager with enough of the club/supporters' best interests at heart. Probably his own reputation too, which is equally as important.

And seeing as the ownership will find reason to rock the boat for any 'genuine' appointment they make, Pardew + Ashley/Llambias is probably the most suitable formula at the moment. I think Pardew will be here for as long as they are. Providing we're, at the very least, clear of relegation and just ticking along, the guys at the top won't find a reason to sack him.

The near future is so up in the air. I honestly can't predict what's going to happen next season, or the ones after. Given the blatant void of any ambition whatsoever (and by that i mean the reluctance to spend), i think it's most likely that we'll only make it back into Europe more by chance and graft, than through genuine planning.

Fairly sure the Cockney Mafia's blueprint is to decorate the club as an attractive proposition financially, and footballing success won't depend on that.

But i don't mind Pardew.

He's simply the spiv of the owner and always will be. Probably not a bad bloke and would be decent company over a pint or two but he's definitely 'one of them'. Really dubious as to how and why he got the job, his intentions, his orders and ideas for moving this club forward.

I honestly think he's been given the job of overseeing the pruning of the wage bill whilst raising as much cash as possible in the process. Cutting costs (ie the wage bill) and maximise the income.

I've become very cynical under these cunts.  :undecided: 

Tbf I don't really think he is so much a one of them as you guys make him out to be, mainly because of what he says and what Ashley does at the club. If they where at close mates I bet pardew would be more of trying to ease whatever Ashleys intentions were to the fans instead of saying somehting and beeing contradicted by action all the time.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sounds like he tried 4-2-3-1 last night, will be interesting to see if this is the new way of playing that he was mentioning and that we'll try this in the U.S too or whether it was just an experiment.

All being well we should see

Krul

Simp Colo Tayl Jose

Cabaye Tiote

Marveux HBA Jonas

Ba

v Arsenal