Alan Pardew

JH

He's an absolute embarrassment.

Sorted out the home form his fans reckon. :lol:

Hughton was a fucking idiot to ever dare to lose to Blackpool though :lol: Sackable offence that. And the gall to lose away at West Brom!

Was always going to be judged after the three nightmare fixtures and how well we bounced back.  Injuries haven't helped but neither have his team selections and random substitutions.

Before this run of fixtures I felt that five points would have been a disappointing return but acceptable, but 1 point is fucking dismal.

Tactics have been shocking as well. Its the same old stuff, and when it isnt working there is no plan B.

Has a lot to answer for. Starting with the Santon sub, okay if the kid was injured fair enough but otherwise, what in the hell was that? Ben Arfa has to start ahead of Best now for me, didn't even notice Best except for when he was offside for Ba's "goal". As has been mentioned countless times, the high line tactic, really? Why do that? Like I said in the match thread, I'm losing some faith in him at present where I've usually been quite supportive of him.

Played more long ball stuff tonight than in any game under Allardyce. Utter dross.

I don't think we did, but it was pretty close. He addressed the situation at the beginning of the first half. We came out after half-time and passed the ball for 95% of the time. We started playing it out from the back. Vuckic, and later Ben Arfa, came deeper to receive the ball. We wore them down and grabbed an equaliser. Job done, and we look back on the first 45 with frustration...

However, and what's absolutely infuriating, is that we returned to the first half's tactics immediately after scoring. It was absolutely no surprise that they scored again. Beyond ridiculous and a serious, serious worry.

Not really sure what Pardew is upto. I mean the basics were wrong from the start and that isn't even taking into account the turgid and unimaginative selection we are having to put up with.

We are playing a team with two of the fastest forwards in the PL and so we kindly lay on a high line that was bordering on the half way line, which is normally suicidal and proved so today. Every time they broke (even with just two of them it looked like they might score).

THIS 442 leaves yawning gaps in the center of the park and a a weakend spine (no Cabaye no Taylor) leaves the side who are wanting to push on at home exposed -  it will everytime.  This misjudgement is magnifyied if YOU KEEP GIVING cheap posession away with long balls from the back - which we did as panic set in more often than not...THE TEMPTATION IS THERE OF COURSE CAUSE THE TWO BIG STRIKERS look like and enticing target till the ball is in the air and the defence closes down/steps up. Like SWANSEA more often than not WBA hogged the middle when we had the ball and we did have the ball for spells but there seemed to be no plan other than give it to someone to run up the side and throw it into the middle - that is basically the extent of what we did in the last two games. It would have been worse but for Ba manufacturing goals out of thin air.

Pardew who I didn't really want to over criticise is beginning to lose the plot and seems unware that other sides have watched us a few times and know we have NO PLAN B whatsoever/can't play through the middle/ or HBA IS NOT ON THE PITCH.

Stop starting Best and Obertan and let the free midfielder (normally Cabaye/tonight Vukic) come to the edge of the box or interchange passes so the whole team can come up while we retain posession. What are we doing? Just throwing it in from the side or the back over the head of the midfield and risking losing posession every time...It's really tedious to watch.

The season isn't ruined yet but if Pardew doesn't have the nous or guts to change it and play one striker it's gonna carry on like this.

Two home games against sides we should be beating down the drain.

Unforgiveable.

Played more long ball stuff tonight than in any game under Allardyce. Utter dross.

Aye, apart from his consistently disappointing use of subs and his preferential treatment of lesser footballers to the detriment of better ones, this is my biggest gripe with him at the moment. We have the players in midfield to play a passing game and our best forwards/strikers are not the battering ram types, so what's with the hoofball tactics of late? He needs to seriously sort this out or I can seen the fans quickly turning on him. Playing an unattractive style of football and not getting the results does not tend to go down well with most fans.

He's an absolute embarrassment.

Sorted out the home form his fans reckon. :lol:

6th best home record in the league (better than Liverpool who've dropped home points to the likes of Sunderland, Swansea & Norwich), and our best home start upto 9 league games since 2002. but we'll not let facts get in the way of things. ;)

Not really sure what Pardew is upto. I mean the basics were wrong from the start and that isn't even taking into account the turgid and unimaginative selection we are having to put up with.

We are playing a team with two of the fastest forwards in the PL and so we kindly lay on a high line that was bordering on the half way line, which is normally suicidal and proved so today. Every time they broke (even with just two of them it looked like they might score).

THIS 442 leaves yawning gaps in the center of the park and a a weakend spine (no Cabaye no Taylor) leaves the side who are wanting to push on at home exposed -  it will everytime.  This misjudgement is magnifyied if YOU KEEP GIVING cheap posession away with long balls from the back - which we did as panic set in more often than not...THE TEMPTATION IS THERE OF COURSE CAUSE THE TWO BIG STRIKERS look like and enticing target till the ball is in the air and the defence closes down/steps up. Like SWANSEA more often than not WBA hogged the middle when we had the ball and we did have the ball for spells but there seemed to be no plan other than give it to someone to run up the side and throw it into the middle - that is basically the extent of what we did in the last two games. It would have been worse but for Ba manufacturing goals out of thin air.

Pardew who I didn't really want to over criticise is beginning to lose the plot and seems unware that other sides have watched us a few times and know we have NO PLAN B whatsoever/can't play through the middle/ or HBA IS NOT ON THE PITCH.

Stop starting Best and Obertan and let the free midfielder (normally Cabaye/tonight Vukic) come to the edge of the box or interchange passes so the whole team can come up while we retain posession. What are we doing? Just throwing it in from the side or the back over the head of the midfield and risking losing posession every time...It's really tedious to watch.

The season isn't ruined yet but if Pardew doesn't have the nous or guts to change it and play one striker it's gonna carry on like this.

Two home games against sides we should be beating down the drain.

Unforgiveable.

Summed everything up well there. Yes, we've had players out, but we've still had a squad to select from that could have beaten both Swansea and West Brom. Pardew has done well here so i'm more than prepared to give him the time to rectify the glaring errors, but things need to change pdq.

Plus he needs defensive reinforcements.

Ba has 13 goals - pretty much all of them coming with another striker on the pitch - and you want to disrupt that for what purpose?

We need a new striker to partner him, not to fuck about with stupid systems.

Ba has 13 goals - pretty much all of them coming with another striker on the pitch - and you want to disrupt that for what purpose?

We need a new striker to partner him, not to f*** about with stupid systems.

2 penalties, 1 free-kick, 1 from a corner, and 1 from a Ben Arfa assist.

5 goals nowt to do with a strike partner and I bet he's had considerably less time without a second striker.