Alan Pardew

JH

Dunno why he's seemingly lost confidence in the players to play a passing game. I can't believe that Krul and Coloccini have suddenly taken it upon themselves to launch it more often, and that Cabaye has decided to stay too advanced to make himself available to the back five.

The results earlier in the season were proof they can do it, recently it's like we're worrying too much about the opposition.

Better result today, so feel more positive. But Pards has done the same thing he did last week, why hes left it till 30 mins are to go to change that shower of shit up is beyond me.

Baffling tbh. Happy days in the end

Made the change that won the game. Well done. :thup:

:thup:

Got it completely wrong in the first half but bringing Ben Arfa on at the time he did (and actually bringing him on too) was the correct decision. Just hope Pards keeps learning from his mistakes.

Pardew said: "We had an important meeting this week and had a chat about what we're good at and what we're not good at.

"You've got to understand your weaknesses as a team.

"We exposed our weaknesses against West Brom the other night. Tonight we've shown our strengths.

what was our weakness pards?  3 matches before tonight we've been lumping the ball in air towards two big men,  got bloody no where.

yet did we learn?  no...we did exactly the same thing tonight for over an hour until Ben Arfa was finally brought on and changed the game.

better late than never. 

I think the defensive line not being so high was a big factor.

contrary to popular belief we didn't play a high defensive line against WBA, we got caught on the break when the defensive line was exactly where it should be to avaoid a huge gap between midfield and defence and also so the defenders can be involved in play or at least be a passing option.

the big factor was that on the night, WBA were a much better team than bolton were today.

Got it completely wrong in the first half but bringing Ben Arfa on at the time he did (and actually bringing him on too) was the correct decision. Just hope Pards keeps learning from his mistakes.

If he'd brought Ben Arfa on before the fans stated to call for him then I might have thought he learned from his mistakes.  We'll know a little bit more when we see the team to play Liverpool.

contrary to popular belief we didn't play a high defensive line against WBA, we got caught on the break when the defensive line was exactly where it should be to avaoid a huge gap between midfield and defence and also so the defenders can be involved in play or at least be a passing option.

the big factor was that on the night, WBA were a much better team than bolton were today.

Nah the line was ridiculous against West Brom. It was too high and rarely level.

In fairness to Pardew, the football was still pretty turgid today but he did rectify that. Probably had a lot to do with Williamson (and, tbf, Raylor) being back in the team.

Nah the line was ridiculous against West Brom. It was too high and rarely level.

In fairness to Pardew, the football was still pretty turgid today but he did rectify that. Probably had a lot to do with Williamson (and, tbf, Raylor) being back in the team.

can't remember it being high when they had the ball and pressed, only seemed like it as they caught us on the break. do people want us to defend  from 30yds when we have the ball deep in their half ?

Guest neesy111

More down to the joke that is James Perch!

More down to the joke that is James Perch!

colo and tiote were the jokes on the night.

If he'd brought Ben Arfa on before the fans stated to call for him then I might have thought he learned from his mistakes.  We'll know a little bit more when we see the team to play Liverpool.

No sign that he'd learn from any mistake whatsoever :lol: If we dont win today, everyone would be destroying the guy for his starting line up.

Indeed, if Ben Arfa doesn't start on Friday, there will be questions....