Alan Pardew

JH

Very very very lucky. How they didn't score only Modeste knows (he was SO bad). Thought Pardew got nearly everything wrong here. I don't usually bash shola like most people do but how did Shola finish on the pitch man ffs. Was like 10 vs 11 whole game. Seriously the only thing I think he got right was Obertan coming on - much needed legs, other than that.. Thank god we have Coloccini.

He's been very lucky tonight and I don't care what anybody on here says.  We won because Blackburn were as poor up front as any team I can remember seeing for a long time.  We were worse tonight than we were against Fulham and a win is more down to the opposition than us.

Modeste is a f***ing diabolical striker :lol:

From what I've read on the Bordeaux Facebook page, the Bordeaux fans seem to be glad to see the back of Modeste. (They actually wanted him out on a permanent deal, they were confused as to why it was only a loan :laugh:)

He's been very lucky tonight and I don't care what anybody on here says.  We won because Blackburn were as poor up front as any team I can remember seeing for a long time.  We were worse tonight than we were against Fulham and a win is more down to the opposition than us.

Bringing up the Fulham game is appropriate because we lost that one due to a tactical mishap and not dealing with what the opposition had against us. Blackburn's big chances tonight all came in the first half. We addressed it this time, unlike the last league game, nullified the major threats, and won. They didn't really hassle us in the second half, in spite of all their attempts at goal - i never really thought we were going to concede. Modeste had a decent chance when Coloccini slipped, and Formica got a lucky break after a shot-cum-through ball fell to him. But that was it really.

We weren't very good but were worth the three points if only for the fact we read the context of the game well, unlike in previous weeks.

We defended considerably better in the second half tonight than at Fulham.

Bringing up the Fulham game is appropriate because we lost that one due to a tactical mishap and not dealing with what the opposition had against us. Blackburn's big chances tonight all came in the first half. We addressed it this time, unlike the last league game, nullified the major threats, and won. They didn't really hassle us in the second half, in spite of all their attempts at goal - i never really thought we were going to concede. Modeste had a decent chance when Coloccini slipped, and Formica got a lucky break after a shot-cum-through ball fell to him. But that was it really.

We weren't very good but were worth the three points if only for the fact we read the context of the game well, unlike in previous weeks.

Very generous. We defended well enough, but it was clearly a robbery.

I don't think Blackburn were unlucky. The first goal had a slice of luck but they gave us the ball at the start of the move, and still had 80 minutes to rectify it.

It's a chances game, we took ours and go away with the three points.

I'd say that a robbery is when you have bad luck plus terrible decisions go against you that prevent you from winning/aid the other team, etc etc. That sort of thing. It was in Blackburn's hands tonight and they still couldn't pull it off.

I don't think Blackburn were unlucky. The first goal had a slice of luck but they gave us the ball at the start of the move, and still had 80 minutes to rectify it.

It's a chances game, we took ours and go away with the three points.

I'd say that a robbery is when you have bad luck plus terrible decisions go against you that prevent you from winning/aid the other team, etc etc. That sort of thing. It was in Blackburn's hands tonight and they still couldn't pull it off.

I didn't say they were unlucky, I said we were lucky.  They weren't unlucky up front, we were lucky that they were shite and that's different.  I don't know how the stats will play out but I felt that until Obertan came on we were less effective in the 2nd half than the first.  The biggest difference in the 2nd half to me was Blackburn were getting more and more desperate as the game went on and if they carry on like tonight they are down.

I actually thought they were lucky as times, Hoilett should have been off for that dive and the penalty was as soft as you'll ever see, they are just a very poor team.  The booking for Taylor was a bit of joke, he went over and lifted the player but other than that he didn’t do anything to warrant a card.

Modeste is a f***ing diabolical striker :lol:

From what I've read on the Bordeaux Facebook page, the Bordeaux fans seem to be glad to see the back of Modeste. (They actually wanted him out on a permanent deal, they were confused as to why it was only a loan :laugh:)

He's a good physical specimen (for want of another phrase) and causes defenders problems with his strength and directness. He's absolute sack in front of goal though.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Enjoyed some luck tonight, but made the right call in binning the 4231 in favour of a more solid 442. I don't know why he is insisting on starting with the former tactic because with these players, it doesn't work.

Would it work if we were back to full strength?

Saw an interesting stat on the telly while at half time. Bburn attacked us 80% through the middle. Imagine having tiote back there screening them away. Also think with both cabaye and guthrie there in the middle in our new project we will keep the ball more. HBA has to settle more down in play and keep posession and rather look for that sure chance instead of taking the world on his shoulders. Mind he didn't have his day today with the ball.