Alan Pardew

JH

I really don't think we can underestimate what he has done. He's taken a team that many had destined for relegation and turned them into the 5th best team in the country.

We're back in Europe where we belong, we've made SJP a fortress again and made ourselves a very tough team to beat. He deserves his plaudits.

Thanking Hughton was a really nice touch too.

To sum up:

Only the second Englishman to win PL award

Only the third non title winning manager to win PL award

7th person to pick up both awards

Only the second non title winning manager to pick up both awards

:notbad:

Fantastic achievement and thoroughly deserved. :clap:

LMA chairman Howard Wilkinson: 'I am often asked, where are all the English coaches? My answer is 'We have plenty of them, they just need an opportunity.' I am delighted for Alan he has taken his opportunity.'

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7005.html

14 May 2012

ALAN PARDEW PRESENTED WITH LMA MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARD, SPONSORED BY BARCLAYS

At tonight’s League Managers Association 20th Annual Awards Dinner hosted at the historic Old Billingsgate, London, Newcastle United’s Alan Pardew was honoured with the prestigious LMA Manager of the Year Award.  The award, sponsored by Barclays, is voted by LMA members, including all the managers from the top four professional leagues in English football.

Alan Pardew has earned the award as recognition for Newcastle United’s excellent campaign by finishing 5th in the Barclays Premier League.

In an outstanding season, Pardew guided his side to 19 wins in their 38 league games, and they also recorded 15 clean sheets while playing entertaining and attacking football.  These feats also earned him the accolade of Barclays Premier League Manager of the Year.

Newcastle’s pursuit of a place in next season's Champions League was the result of their great consistency, and remaining in the top 10 of the Barclays Premier League throughout the entire campaign.

Pardew and the Newcastle backroom team have also been highly commended on their recruitment of players including Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba, Yohan Cabaye, Gabriel Obertan and David Santon, who have made such a significant impact in their first season with the Magpies.

LMA Chairman, Howard Wilkinson, said: “There is no doubt that the LMA Annual Awards are perceived as the most accurate measure of a manager’s ability because there are no better judges of your performance than your peers.

“Alan Pardew’s achievements at Newcastle this season are there for all to see and it is just reward that he should be named as LMA Manager of the Year.

“I’m often asked, where are all the English coaches? My answer is ‘We have plenty of them, they just need an opportunity.’ I am delighted for Alan that he has taken his opportunity.”

Richard Bevan, Chief Executive of the LMA, said: “Tonight is a celebration of this season’s managerial achievements across the top four leagues in the professional game. To receive votes from and to be acknowledged by your fellow managers and competitors is a great honour.

“Alan is fully deserving of this recognition and what he has achieved in such a short space of time with Newcastle is very impressive.

“I would also like to say a special thank you to all the members who have contributed to yet another fantastic season.”