Alan Pardew

JH

Was really wanting to give him a chance, but we've lost 2 games that were there for the taking.

We've now got one tactic, launch it up to the big man and hope that someone has made a 40 yard run to be within 20 yards of him.

Next 2 games are huge, must win at Wigan and a game that is looking all the more of a potential loss in the FA Cup. Lose these and I think he may be gone by the end of Jan - unless Ashley really is intent on f***ing us up at his own expense

Lets put this in the proper context: we lost two games against two sides who are infinitely better and who we will not be in direct competition with us for anything for the forseeable future.

Pardew's not helping, of course.

Both of whom were well below their best.

We've taken advantage of this against Arsenal, Sunderland, Chelsea already when they've not been at 100% by being organised and keeping a good shape to the team. Had we done the same we could have been looking at 2 draws at least from the past few days.

Was really wanting to give him a chance, but we've lost 2 games that were there for the taking.

We've now got one tactic, launch it up to the big man and hope that someone has made a 40 yard run to be within 20 yards of him.

Next 2 games are huge, must win at Wigan and a game that is looking all the more of a potential loss in the FA Cup. Lose these and I think he may be gone by the end of Jan - unless Ashley really is intent on f***ing us up at his own expense

Lets put this in the proper context: we lost two games against two sides who are infinitely better and who we will not be in direct competition with us for anything for the forseeable future.

Pardew's not helping, of course.

Both of whom were well below their best.

We've taken advantage of this against Arsenal, Sunderland, Chelsea already when they've not been at 100% by being organised and keeping a good shape to the team. Had we done the same we could have been looking at 2 draws at least from the past few days.

well below their best but with players who can make something happen out of nothing

Shocking stuff today. We saw the tendencies against Liverpool, but the last two games have been horrible one-route football. If Carroll isn't winning everything in the air, we're creating nowt. Embarrassing how we've gone from being very decent at keeping possession to this garbage.

My main gripe. We've played some decent controlled possession football on the road this season. Saw none of that today.

Shocking stuff today. We saw the tendencies against Liverpool, but the last two games have been horrible one-route football. If Carroll isn't winning everything in the air, we're creating nowt. Embarrassing how we've gone from being very decent at keeping possession to this garbage.

My main gripe. We've played some decent controlled possession football on the road this season. Saw none of that today.

We played like we were down to 10 men after the sending off and were just trying to get it up the other end of the field, ironic.

well below their best but with players who can make something happen out of nothing

We'll never do anything with one striker and Alan Smith in the team.  We weren't set up to get anything today and Pardew is the one to blame for that.

He does what Hughton had really learned not to do - plays with fear. I see Blackpool became the first side to win at the SOS - they still play with no fear and are a credit to the league.

Going to Spurs with five in midfield is asking to be beaten, but please sir, not by too many, please please please! Hughton had us showing no fear when he went to the Emirates and played 4-4-2 and it worked beautifully. Playing two defensive midfielders against a team shaky at the back like Spurs shows a disgusting lack of backbone. First clean sheet I believe?

Pardew is a coward. Fuck off, you utter arsehole.

He does what Hughton had really learned not to do - plays with fear. I see Blackpool became the first side to win at the SOS - they still play with no fear and are a credit to the league.

Going to Spurs with five in midfield is asking to be beaten, but please sir, not by too many, please please please! Hughton had us showing no fear when he went to the Emirates and played 4-4-2 and it worked beautifully. Playing two defensive midfielders against a team shaky at the back like Spurs shows a disgusting lack of backbone. First clean sheet I believe?

Pardew is a coward. f*** off, you utter arsehole.

Couldn't agree more with this post.

The way Taylor was done up like a kipper for the second goal doesn't really inspire me with confidence that he'd do much cop at left-back against a winger with pace. If N'Zogbia's on the right for Wigan next week and Enrique's out...fucking hell.

Taylor is and always has been shite man. Mike Williamson sat on the fucking bench!? I'm speechless.

The way Taylor was done up like a kipper for the second goal doesn't really inspire me with confidence that he'd do much cop at left-back against a winger with pace. If N'Zogbia's on the right for Wigan next week and Enrique's out...f***ing hell.

Enrique will be OK.

The way Taylor was done up like a kipper for the second goal doesn't really inspire me with confidence that he'd do much cop at left-back against a winger with pace. If N'Zogbia's on the right for Wigan next week and Enrique's out...fucking hell.

a few times Taylor and Perch just backed off like mad. JJ shot and Lennon goal & chance for example.

Personally, I think the players are operating under the exact same instructions they got from Hughton.

It's easy to bring out the "long ball tactics" card when there's something wrong with your team but you can't put your finger on exactly what it is.

At this point, the gap between us and Spurs is pretty much just as large as the gap between us and Man United. We got tonked by a vastly superior team and that's really all there is to it.

I think there's every chance that Pardew could take us down for various non-tactical reasons, but tactically, he hasn't shown anything so far that could illicit an educated guess either way.

:sadnod:

It's going to be really fun watching Pardew learn everything we already know about our players.

The guff about Taylor earlier this week had me thinking exactly this.

Yep, this is exactly it. It's so frustrating. Hughton had learnt how to get the best out of this squad, and was a decent manager on top of that.

Pardew knows nowt about the squad and is a shit manager.

Genuinely worried now, for the first time this season. Next three games are a bit make-or-break tbh!

Couldn't agree more with this post.

Play 2 upfront huh...how many times did Ranger start under the fantastic Hughton? Or would you prefer to play Lovenkards or Xisco from the start. Call him a coward when he has options to play two upfront not when Ameobi is injured and Nolan is suspended, then you will have some credibility. Otherwise you're just moaning

Personally, I think the players are operating under the exact same instructions they got from Hughton.

It's easy to bring out the "long ball tactics" card when there's something wrong with your team but you can't put your finger on exactly what it is.

At this point, the gap between us and Spurs is pretty much just as large as the gap between us and Man United. We got tonked by a vastly superior team and that's really all there is to it.

I think there's every chance that Pardew could take us down for various non-tactical reasons, but tactically, he hasn't shown anything so far that could illicit an educated guess either way.

Spurs were not very good today but we showed no adventure at all and we played into their hands, we gave them the points.