Alan Pardew

JH

The way Taylor was done up like a kipper for the second goal doesn't really inspire me with confidence that he'd do much cop at left-back against a winger with pace. If N'Zogbia's on the right for Wigan next week and Enrique's out...f***ing hell.

Taylor is and always has been s**** man. Mike Williamson sat on the f***ing bench!? I'm speechless.

I'll agree with this, Taylor ahead of Williamson is clearly a mistake, a mistake that I expect to be rectified in the next game.

He does what Hughton had really learned not to do - plays with fear. I see Blackpool became the first side to win at the SOS - they still play with no fear and are a credit to the league.

Going to Spurs with five in midfield is asking to be beaten, but please sir, not by too many, please please please! Hughton had us showing no fear when he went to the Emirates and played 4-4-2 and it worked beautifully. Playing two defensive midfielders against a team shaky at the back like Spurs shows a disgusting lack of backbone. First clean sheet I believe?

Pardew is a coward. Fuck off, you utter arsehole.

:sadnod:  :angry:

He does what Hughton had really learned not to do - plays with fear. I see Blackpool became the first side to win at the SOS - they still play with no fear and are a credit to the league.

Going to Spurs with five in midfield is asking to be beaten, but please sir, not by too many, please please please! Hughton had us showing no fear when he went to the Emirates and played 4-4-2 and it worked beautifully. Playing two defensive midfielders against a team shaky at the back like Spurs shows a disgusting lack of backbone. First clean sheet I believe?

Pardew is a coward. f*** off, you utter arsehole.

:sadnod:

first clean sheet in the pl since the opening day.

Play 2 upfront huh...how many times did Ranger start under the fantastic Hughton? Or would you prefer to play Lovenkards or Xisco from the start. Call him a coward when he has options to play two upfront not when Ameobi is injured and Nolan is suspended, then you will have some credibility. Otherwise you're just moaning

Ranger has changed our game the last 2 times he's came on, I think Hughton might have noticed that.

It's amazing to see how many people complain about Taylor's backing off now. I remember when I was one of very few who didn't like his defensive ability and it was a lonely place to be. The guy has always defended this way and still doesn't get it, even four or five years on. Liability.

Got it all wrong today. All wrong.

Perch, Taylor, Routledge and Smith shouldnt have played.

We should have went 4-4-2. You're never ever going to keep spurs out for 90 mins without putting some pressure on them. Only their 2nd clean sheet of the season, we should have went at them rather than trying to aprk the fucking bus.

Gameplan under Pardew seems to be whack it long to Carroll. At least under Hughton we attempted to play a little football. Doesnt even make sense given that there's nobody along side him.

Clueless.

Personally, I think the players are operating under the exact same instructions they got from Hughton.

It's easy to bring out the "long ball tactics" card when there's something wrong with your team but you can't put your finger on exactly what it is.

At this point, the gap between us and Spurs is pretty much just as large as the gap between us and Man United. We got tonked by a vastly superior team and that's really all there is to it.

I think there's every chance that Pardew could take us down for various non-tactical reasons, but tactically, he hasn't shown anything so far that could illicit an educated guess either way.

Spurs were not very good today but we showed no adventure at all and we played into their hands, we gave them the points.

Hard to "show adventure" when you're playing against a side who are so much better than you are.

We need to stop conflating "not having overwhelming possession" with "not being very good." They had us bottled up just the way they wanted to and hit us on the counter attack at their leisure.

The way Taylor was done up like a kipper for the second goal doesn't really inspire me with confidence that he'd do much cop at left-back against a winger with pace. If N'Zogbia's on the right for Wigan next week and Enrique's out...f***ing hell.

Taylor is and always has been s**** man. Mike Williamson sat on the f***ing bench!? I'm speechless.

I'll agree with this, Taylor ahead of Williamson is clearly a mistake, a mistake that I expect to be rectified in the next game.

:lol:

Good luck with that.

Hughton finally figured out the players on this team and then got sacked. Now we have to go through the whole process again with Pardew, unfortunately. Hopefully by the time it clicks it isn't too late. Hopefully this slump will also mean we get some decent players in if possible.

We should have went 4-4-2. You're never ever going to keep spurs out for 90 mins without putting some pressure on them. Only their 2nd clean sheet of the season, we should have went at them rather than trying to aprk the fucking bus.

Gameplan under Pardew seems to be whack it long to Carroll. At least under Hughton we attempted to play a little football. Doesnt even make sense given that there's nobody along side him.

Clueless.

lovely saying that but who would you have played instead of them?

I was so happy Taylor was being a twit about that new contract, because the only way to guarantee him not playing games was to be forced to sell him in January. A new contract was always going to mean him being in the first team, as he would clearly be on a higher wage than Williamson. It's a tragedy really.

In only three matches he's managed to remove almost every positive element that Hughton had going on - he's moved Barton back inside despite his best performances being on the wing, gone back to one up front instead of trying Ranger, split up our best-performing defence partnership, and turned us into a long-ball side.

Great stuff.

precisely this, and i'm getting slated for saying it in the match thread

Hughton finally figured out the players on this team and then got sacked. Now we have to go through the whole process again with Pardew, unfortunately. Hopefully by the time it clicks it isn't too late. Hopefully this slump will also mean we get some decent players in if possible.

Remember last jan in the premier league - we sold N'Zogbia and Given and got R.Taylor and Nolan - despite being in a worse position than what we are now.

Play 2 upfront huh...how many times did Ranger start under the fantastic Hughton? Or would you prefer to play Lovenkards or Xisco from the start. Call him a coward when he has options to play two upfront not when Ameobi is injured and Nolan is suspended, then you will have some credibility. Otherwise you're just moaning

Yes, yes and yes again (assuming Ranger couldn't start for some reason).

There is also no guarantee it is going to click this time. Ashley, is a fucking cunt and idiot of the highest degree. How the fuck did he make that amount of money in the first place?

Personally, I think the players are operating under the exact same instructions they got from Hughton.

It's easy to bring out the "long ball tactics" card when there's something wrong with your team but you can't put your finger on exactly what it is.

At this point, the gap between us and Spurs is pretty much just as large as the gap between us and Man United. We got tonked by a vastly superior team and that's really all there is to it.

I think there's every chance that Pardew could take us down for various non-tactical reasons, but tactically, he hasn't shown anything so far that could illicit an educated guess either way.

Spurs were not very good today but we showed no adventure at all and we played into their hands, we gave them the points.

Hard to "show adventure" when you're playing against a side who are so much better than you are.

We need to stop conflating "not having overwhelming possession" with "not being very good." They had us bottled up just the way they wanted to and hit us on the counter attack at their leisure.

We looked worse when they had 10 men!

We had plenty of opportunities to attacked but fucked them all up trying to play it long every time, it was pathetic!

Spurs were not very good today, we made them look better than they were because we didn't seem interested in getting bodies forward, even when they were a man down.

Clueless.

Routledge, fine, but are you really going to try and justify playing Perch and Smith? <_<

We should have went 4-4-2. You're never ever going to keep spurs out for 90 mins without putting some pressure on them. Only their 2nd clean sheet of the season, we should have went at them rather than trying to aprk the f***ing bus.

Clueless.

Smith I'll let you off with as Guthrie is no better. Barton; Wide right instead of Routledge and Simpson in at left back for Perch.

The true measure of Pardew will be the next two games, not Man City and Spurs who are streets ahead of us in every department.

Hughton played against teams like that and tried to beat them, Pardew's happy to just let them kick our arse as long as they don't do it too hard.

The true measure of Pardew will be the next two games, not Man City and Spurs who are streets ahead of us in every department.

Hughton played against teams like that and tried to beat them, Pardew's happy to just let them kick our arse as long as they don't do it too hard.

Aye. We've beaten Everton, Arsenal and lost very unlucky against Man City. Hughton tried!

Clueless.

Routledge, fine, but are you really going to try and justify playing Perch and Smith? <_<

hughton would have played perch lb as well tbh

We had a numerical advantage today when they went down to 10 men and he couldn't do anything, he's hopeless.