Alan Pardew

JH

Get off his back. He has had a great start bar Stevenage

Harper in today's chronicle is very complimentary about pardew and his methods

I honestly don't know how any one can criticise Pardew yet... bar Stevenage we've been at least as good as under Hughton, probably a bit better. He's also been without Carroll for quite a while.

Far enough if people just don't believe that he is the man to take us forward (for whatever reason), but for what he's done so far he deserves no criticism IMO.

Aye, when you take out the bit where we got destroyed by a League 2 team it doesn't seem too bad.

or the bit where he came in and needlessly changed around our team for the worse even though he said he'd watched all our games (i didnt expect to beat man city or spurs before anyone pipes up with that shite) or the bit where he brought on tiote against stevenage in a move so staggeringly stupid it looks like sabotage, or the bit where he publicly started criticising one of our up and coming talents who we happen to need at the minute. or the bits where we got points against wigan (barely) and west ham (worst premier league team i've seen at st james for a long time) and liverpool (nothing to do with him as he admitted).

all in all he's had a good start.

Half the players were up Souness' arse when he was here. Shearer especially. Didn't make him a good manager.

Simpson on twitter tweets that he had a class training session today. The guy must obviously do something the players like.

Only notable mistake he has made so far in my mind is putting Tiote on in the Stevenage game.

hope you're right

gives me hope of actually getting a good manager before my nephew is old enough to go to games

They put a clause in Keegans contract, they will have done the same with Pardews.

I am quite surprised by that because Harper is not azz licker like STaylor or some others .....  I son't care as long as he is doing something good.

I am quite surprised by that because Harper is not azz licker like STaylor or some others .....  I son't care as long as he is doing something good.

Are Simpson and Jose azz lickers?

his talking hasn't been that bad, its just a system shock after over a year of hughton saying sweet fuck all on absolutely anything at all to pardew occasionally saying something moderately interesting, just seemed a lot worse due to the xmas christmas fixture pile up and pile up of pressers hence lots of quotes floating around

The length of contract is only important if the compensation agreed is high.

:thup:  He is supposed to be on a low basic salary with good bonuses based on performance. He is also supposed to have agreed to a clause in his contract that means a very low payout if he gets fired. All rumour and supposition of course but based on what we've seen there's no way Ashley is going to stitch himself up with a contract that entitles Pardew to a massive payout if he fails.

his one really stupid decision so far was bringing on Tiote imo.  His talking has not been at the Sourness level, but when things start to go tits up, I expect it to escalate. 

Tiote's high energy and drive should have given the attackers more freedom. Pardew wanted to progress, so took the gamble.

At the time I was wary, but if it had paid off, who knows. As soon as he was sent off though, and there is a degree of hindsight here, it ended up an absolutely dreadful decision.

Can't see us wining against the scum without Tiote in the team. :undecided:

his one really stupid decision so far was bringing on Tiote imo.  His talking has not been at the Sourness level, but when things start to go tits up, I expect it to escalate. 

Tiote's high energy and drive should have given the attackers more freedom. Pardew wanted to progress, so took the gamble.

At the time I was wary, but if it had paid off, who knows. As soon as he was sent off though, and there is a degree of hindsight here, it ended up an absolutely dreadful decision.

fucks sake man, he was one yellow away from a ban, it was a dreadful decision to have him on the bench

stupid gamble to take given that he walked off the pitch with a tight hamstring a few days earlier, chasing a league game maybe, not a cup game though. it's hardly a priority.

fucks sake man, he was one yellow away from a ban, it was a dreadful decision to have him on the bench

Two tbh.

stupid gamble to take given that he walked off the pitch with a tight hamstring a few days earlier, chasing a league game maybe, not a cup game though. it's hardly a priority.

That's the thing though, Pardew seemed determined to go somewhere in the cup and make his mark. If the gamble worked, great, but it was probably a gamble that shouldn't have been made.

As I said, I wasn't happy with bringing him on at the time.