Alan Pardew

JH

He's done okay.

I'd say that, since he's come in, we've had:

Four good results/performances

One bad result/abysmal performance

One fair result/abysmal performance

One fair result/fair performance

Due to copyright laws i'm not allowed to divulge which is which, :razz:, but i'd say it's fairly self-explanitory.

Early days.

The only answer is 'Good.'

For those who think 'OK' - it's probably worth mentioning that we've got 10 out of our 29 points with him as manager. No doubt the same folk thought Hughton was doing a marvellous job in this division.

I don't think the results would have differed a great deal. The team spirit's still there and we play, largely, the same style of football.

he's done ok - can't ask for much more.

still disgusted at the hughton dismissal/way pardew's been brought in. but that's not a reflection on him as a manager. well, not entirely.  ;)

Agree with this.

He's doing OK, would be good without the Stevenage game.

This too. The Stevenage thing was an absolute fiasco, of which he played a massive part imo.

But he's doing alright. I can say that i'm looking forward to the end of this season of 'consolidation', and see how we do in the transfer market. A lot of the judging will come through that, as is the case with so many managers.

Don't think we'd have beaten Liverpool or Wigan with Hughton, personally. Just an opinion.

I think with Hughton we would have beaten teams like Liverpool and kept on winning against big teams but not win against small teams like Wigan etc.

The Wigan result is the one that's impressed me the most, it's a ground where an abject performance and defeat by the odd goal was pretty much a guaranteed result for me, regardless of the manager.

Yup, for me he's done pretty well so far - the losses at Man City and Spurs were to be expected (although the City one was cruel and horrible after two gifted goals), wins against Wigan and West Ham were good, Stevenage awful, Sunderland great performance, just really, really unlucky.

I still think he is a bad manager, but I'm not going to deny that, thus far, he's done pretty well for me. I still expect him to be done within a year/18 months once performances tail off.

So will the poll be reset and  run every month then?  Should make interesting reading when he has a sticky month.  I'll comment on how the project is  going once he hits a year in the job. 

No Carroll for 4 matches, no Tiote for 2, no Ameobi for 1.

Pretty damn good imo

Agree so far. Said it before but if he was going to prove that there was any credible reason for him to replace CH it was to get results when key players were missing. He has.

far too early to be saying he's good or crap, we'll know over the longer term whether or not he'll drift into one of those camps. keep up the current standard and in a couple of months and i'll say he's doing a good job.

mind you i don't think pardew had much to do with the liverpool match. obviously if you disagree take it up with joey barton.

far too early to be saying he's good or crap, we'll know over the longer term whether or not he'll drift into one of those camps. keep up the current standard and in a couple of months and i'll say he's doing a good job.

mind you i don't think pardew had much to do with the liverpool match. obviously if you disagree take it up with joey barton.

was it too early to vote OK ?

He's one very bad game and a Gyan fluke away from being in the "great" category IMO. Has to be 'good', surely?

:sadnod:

We've played very well in the three games that he won, were incredibly unlucky not to win yesterday, and the two games he lost in the PL I expected to lose anyway.

Stevenage game aside, he's not done alot wrong in terms of getting results. 3 points yesterday and a place in FA Cup Round Four and it'd have been the perfect start on the field.

I think he'll be a good manager for us if he can keep that big c*** of his inside his pants.

He has a c***?

:lol: :lol: You know what i meant.

Agreed that he was 30 seconds yesterday away from doing a very good job. As it stands he's done just plain "good". The league points he's gained have been from vital games although it's offset by the Stevenage debacle.

League wise, I think there's only the Spurs game so far where we havent performed as well as we can.