Alan Pardew

JH

The Wigan result is the one that's impressed me the most, it's a ground where an abject performance and defeat by the odd goal was pretty much a guaranteed result for me, regardless of the manager.

The way we approached that game in comparison with West Brom away speaks volumes. We cowered like it was Barcelona in one, and came out determined to take the initiative in the other.

Average manager with a big mouth who is getting the results we need. Better than an average manager who keeps to himself dropping points against relegation rivals at home.

Don't sit on the fence TT :lol:

The Wigan result is the one that's impressed me the most, it's a ground where an abject performance and defeat by the odd goal was pretty much a guaranteed result for me, regardless of the manager.

The way we approached that game in comparison with West Brom away speaks volumes. We cowered like it was Barcelona in one, and came out determined to take the initiative in the other.

we done that against everton and arsenal aswell. i wonder if pardew will have his "west brom" ?

we done that against everton and arsenal aswell. i wonder if pardew will have his "west brom" ?

Stevenage was far worse than West Brom.

Still, as I've said previously, the next few away matches will show us a lot.

Stevenage was far worse than West Brom.

Still, as I've said previously, the next few away matches will show us a lot.

i'll go further in saying "our general form until the end of the season"

Voted 'Good', which is how he's done so far IMO.

It'll take longer than a month to convince me he's any better than we had before.

Right now, I'm happy that he's not worse than we had before, because it wasn't looking rosy when he first took the job.

That Stevenage result could have happened no matter who was in the dug out. For me, it seemed such a typical thing for us as a club to do. The big error Pardew made was bringing on Tiote but the result itself is the sort you generally see most seasons with a Premier League club coming a cropper in the FA Cup. This year it was our turn to play the stooge.

That Stevenage result could have happened no matter who was in the dug out. For me, it seemed such a typical thing for us as a club to do. The big error Pardew made was bringing on Tiote but the result itself is the sort you generally see most seasons with a Premier League club coming a cropper in the FA Cup. This year it was our turn to play the stooge.

That was nowt to do with the result though, it's worth pointing that out. Agree with what you're saying mind.

I said early doors that my worry would be over the long term whether he would be able to maintain a good spirit at the club and keep the players onside. It's too early to judge on that yet or on much else really. But for now the squad seems happy enough and the results have been ok. Let's see what the squad looks like once he's bought in his own players, because at the moment this is still a team built by someone else.

Don't think he can be fully judged until he brings in his own players. Stevenage and the odd daft comment aside he is doing well though. Couple of things I've not agreed with him on but nothing overly major.

The results have been far better than OK, man. They've been good to very good.

If the Stevenage game hadn't happened I would have agreed but I'm having a hard job getting my head round the decisions he made in that game. Hopefully he got his paracetamol mixed up with acid caps and it was a one off.

If Pardew's side begins to struggle he will be rightfully criticised. What I wont beat him with, is the fairly common held belief that he was involved in a conspiracy to oust Hughton. I think it was clear that Hughton was on thin ice with Ashley et al and that the club may have made moves before the actual sacking of Hughton in seeking a new manager. How though is that Pardew's fault? He was out of football and was offered the biggest job of his career. No matter who we've got as the owner, managing Newcastle United is a massive job and most managers out of work would have snapped up the offer. I dont think its realistic to expect Pardew not to have welcomed the club's advances.

It was very poor what happened to Hughton, but that was the fault of Ashley and Del Boy, not Pardew.

Stevenage aside he's done pretty well, won 3, drawn 1 and lost 2 in his first six. Pretty good going. We've played well in those six league games as well, Tottenham maybe not as well but I still thought we were well organised. City we'd have got something if not for Krul's horror show and well yesterday we were robbed by a unbelievable slice of luck.

Its a test for him now though, can afford to go for it against Spurs as we're at home and have a week off afterwards. Then come three massive away games against beatable teams, if we get 9 points from our next four then Pardew will have done a fantastic job. 7 and I'd still be pretty happy.

Guest neesy111

Voted Good.

We do more solid as a side now, but I remain to be convinced of him in the transfer market (from his previous record in the transfer market).