Alan Pardew

JH

I'm with EastEndGeordie on this one. Pardew's past record is everything even if he has learnt from his mistakes it doesn't matter, it's whats in the past that's important. He clearly isn't good enough, the fact we're only in contention for Europe is bitterly disappointing. Hughton would of had us in the top six no bother.

Read my longer post on p 208. That will give you some background info regarding Pards. And I disagree with you. He got plenty of competence. Every player that has played under him has pointed this out. It's his ego that has hurt him in the past, not lack of skills.

Give him time..SAF was mm. from being sacked from Man U. That trophy saved him. So margins between success and failure is minimal sometimes.

:fishing:

Purely stats wise, Pardew is doing a better job:

http://i56.tinypic.com/29y59o1.png

As much as I was gutted to see Hughton go, Pardew is growing on me.

Agreed. And Pards has coped with a shitload of injuries, playing every match (except Lpool) without Carroll. Tiote's suspension was also costly, although imo I think he never should have played him.. But Tiote himself made that tackle..not Pards

With some, he arguably can't win.

I was actually sticking up for him before the game because not everything he does is wrong.  I couldn’t defend his decision to bring out the same front 2 which had been abysmal in the first half and I couldn't defend bringing on Taylor for Jonas.  I praised him for the 2nd half performance against Arsenal but not the first half of the same game.

Come on Mick, me and you are in this together.

We backed Mike Ashley and we're finally going to prove our decision right as we're on the edge of European football, not only have we turned around the club from being a team of overpaid, players in to a highly thought of first team but we're on the edge of something special.

Honestly Mick when we rebuild the team with the Carroll money we're going to be so proud.

European football here we come.

Guest VegasToon

I don't know who I prefer between Pards and Hughton.

However, I'd take Pards+Carver over Hughton+Colin.

Have to agree with this.

Quick note on Carver, him and Pards had a lengthy conversation before the subs were made. Wonder how much he affected the decisions? Fair play to both of them, really.

That's nice to hear. In other words, Pards is not as authoritative as he used to be..

Quick note on Carver, him and Pards had a lengthy conversation before the subs were made. Wonder how much he affected the decisions? Fair play to both of them, really.

That's nice to hear. In other words, Pards is not as authoritative as he used to be..

Or Carver knows what he's talking about, and knows the squad well

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/26/nufc-coaches-just-the-job-for-alan-pardew-72703-28240535/

Pardew also revealed he is learning from his experiences as boss.

He added: “As a younger manager at West Ham and Reading, I changed a lot of staff.

“In hindsight, while it worked well, I did not need to do that.

“The staff here are great. I am not looking to change anything with the staff here.”

Pleased to hear this.  I don't see why new managers always want to bring in all their own staff.  They might have a great relationship with them but maybe that ends up being too cosy and familiar and so they don't get so much opportunity to embrace new ideas or different coaching techniques.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/26/nufc-coaches-just-the-job-for-alan-pardew-72703-28240535/

He added: “As a younger manager at West Ham and Reading, I changed a lot of staff.

“The staff here are great. I am not looking to change anything with the staff here.”

Pleased to hear this.  I don't see why new managers always want to bring in all their own staff.  They might have a great relationship with them but maybe that ends up being too cosy and familiar and so they don't get so much opportunity to embrace new ideas or different coaching techniques.

Told you, he's learning from past mistakes  :coolsmiley:

With some, he arguably can't win.

I was actually sticking up for him before the game because not everything he does is wrong.  I couldnt defend his decision to bring out the same front 2 which had been abysmal in the first half and I couldn't defend bringing on Taylor for Jonas.  I praised him for the 2nd half performance against Arsenal but not the first half of the same game.

Come on Mick, me and you are in this together.

We backed Mike Ashley and we're finally going to prove our decision right as we're on the edge of European football, not only have we turned around the club from being a team of overpaid, players in to a highly thought of first team but we're on the edge of something special.

Honestly Mick when we rebuild the team with the Carroll money we're going to be so proud.

European football here we come.

That has to be Wullie.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

It's as though people can't praise Pardew without being told that means they obviously thought Hughton was shit hence were pleased when he got booted out. :lol:

People who call Ashley for saving the club financially are known as his sympathisers as well.

The cup is empty or full according to many on here tbh.

In other words he's been told that he's not allowed change the whole staff for probably two reasons. Firstly, the cost. Secondly, he may not be here for the long haul depending on results.

In other words he's been told that he's not allowed change the whole staff for probably two reasons. Firstly, the cost. Secondly, he may not be here for the long haul depending on results.

Nope.

I can't make my mind up when it comes to Pardew, and especially under the media backdrop. I suppose it is refreshing having a manager that, you genuinely feel, is talking to the supporters and keeping us all informed.

I did like Hughton's approach aswell - it was necassary to have a manager that kept his cards close to his chest, after the utterly embarrassing Kinnear tenure, which was the lowest point of the club for nearly two decades, imo. Hughton felt like one of the players and one of the fans, whereas Pardew feels more like a 'leader among men'. Both managerial personalities have their plus points and bad points so i'd say they're pretty much on par for varying reasons.

Although i've been impressed with Pardew from a tactical and general footballing perspective, he suffers from the lingering uncertainty over trust. The way the Ashley era has happened, now that they've finally got their man, you do wonder if Pardew is juggling the fans satisfaction with being a PR bullshitter for those above him. You just don't know, and like i say, he suffers (possibly unfairly) from that.

For all we know he could be in on some (not-so-unlikely) conspiracy to balance the books and provide a vehicle for Ashley's exit.

But then, conversely, he could be being brutally honest and is just genuinely doing a brilliant job. From the exterior there appears to be balance at the club, but there's still the element of it being a ticking-time-bomb. On varying levels, every single fan is waiting for the next disaster, and i hate Ashley for that.

As for Pardew, i'll continue allowing myself to be encouraged by the guy, but there'll always be an element of caution so long as he is Ashley's manager. So much remains up in the air.

I can't make my mind up when it comes to Pardew, and especially under the media backdrop. I suppose it is refreshing having a manager that, you genuinely feel, is talking to the supporters and keeping us all informed.

I did like Hughton's approach aswell - it was necassary to have a manager that kept his cards close to his chest, after the utterly embarrassing Kinnear tenure, which was the lowest point of the club for nearly two decades, imo. Hughton felt like one of the players and one of the fans, whereas Pardew feels more like a 'leader among men'. Both managerial personalities have their plus points and bad points so i'd say they're pretty much on par for varying reasons.

Although i've been impressed with Pardew from a tactical and general footballing perspective, he suffers from the lingering uncertainty over trust. The way the Ashley era has happened, now that they've finally got their man, you do wonder if Pardew is juggling the fans satisfaction with being a PR bullshitter for those above him. You just don't know, and like i say, he suffers (possibly unfairly) from that.

For all we know he could be in on some (not-so-unlikely) conspiracy to balance the books and provide a vehicle for Ashley's exit.

But then, conversely, he could be being brutally honest and is just genuinely doing a brilliant job. From the exterior there appears to be balance at the club, but there's still the element of it being a ticking-time-bomb. On varying levels, every single fan is waiting for the next disaster, and i hate Ashley for that.

As for Pardew, i'll continue allowing myself to be encouraged by the guy, but there'll always be an element of caution so long as he is Ashley's manager. So much remains up in the air.

To many you's, we's, and 'every single fan' in that. Stick with the I's in the last para please. :thup: