Alan Pardew

JH

So who do we give credit too for signing players then?

If they're good: Graham Carr/Dennis Wise

If they're bad: Kevin Keegan/Chris Hughton

Think you've got that backwards for most on here :pow:

:lol:

So Gervinho would be a Carr signing and Pratley would be a Pardew signing.

I'm following now.

i realise this an out there type statement and yes i've been drinking but if it's true we have bids in for those france based players mentioned all over, could it be because we have a bit money to spend and have stopped the massive year on year losses and maybe, just maybe we'd have done it a few year back had we not been losing money on a quite large scale ?

i realise this an out there type statement and yes i've been drinking but if it's true we have bids in for those france based players mentioned all over, could it be because we have a bit money to spend and have stopped the massive year on year losses and maybe, just maybe we'd have done it a few year back had we not been losing money on a quite large scale ?

It's been argued for some time by Ashley "apologists" but until the signings are rubber stamped we won't know if it's true. I know in the season we were relegated Llambias talked about having money to spend if we stayed up but we didn't.

Pardew says training-ground revamp will help cause

by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

IT is Alan Pardew’s quiet revolution.

It won’t earn him headlines, nor the acclaim of the Gallowgate.

And there will be barely a ripple of excitement among a Tyneside public understandably more interested in the identity of their next No 9 or whys and wherefores of Joey Barton’s contract negotiations.

But the subtle changes ordered by Pardew at Newcastle United’s Benton training base – along with new codes of personal discipline and expectation that will be put in place – represent a profound and important shift in the manager’s approach next season.

They are small improvements, but players notice these things.

When United’s stars return on July 4 they will come back to relaid pitches boasting thicker grass along with undersoil heating to combat the harsh Geordie winter, and even new nets to ensure training balls aren’t flying into adjacent fields.

They will also be advised of a new disciplinary code with harsh penalties for poor time-keeping.

There will be an edict on when the training-ground kitchen stops serving, with a request to eat together at lunchtime.

Little things, but important. Important to changing the perception of the club, for one, and to encouraging the players that they are at a progressive club moving in the right direction.

Get that right, Pardew says, and it will eventually translate to the pitch.

“What we want is a gradual increasing of the bar at Newcastle United,” said Pardew.

“If you don’t do that then you’ve got mediocrity, and in a lot of ways that is a problem – mediocrity is a problem.

“I think when you’re a footballer and you’ve had one or two years at a club where it’s not changed at the training ground, it will concern you.

“It would concern me – I would be thinking ‘Why haven’t we invested in the training ground? Why isn’t it better? Why isn’t it more luxurious? Why isn’t it more geared towards a professional football club that is at this level?’

“I want them to come in and think ‘Wow, that looks good – that looks better’.

Source

Dissension in NUFC management.

Pardew wants people on the edge of their seats/off their seats, whereas Carver wants bums on seats:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=carver-new-signings-will-put-bums-on-seats%26method=full%26objectid=28800101%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Pardew wants players banging on the door, Carvel probably wants an open door policy.

Dissension in NUFC management.

Pardew wants people on the edge of their seats/off their seats, whereas Carver wants bums on seats:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=carver-new-signings-will-put-bums-on-seats%26method=full%26objectid=28800101%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Pardew wants players banging on the door, Carvel probably wants an open door policy.

And Carver's been replaced by a younger, cheaper, near-namesake coach, too? Will this merry-go-round never end?  :frantic:

Quite behind Pardew at the moment, seems to be saying and doing all the right things, and looking at the right sort of players. Really pleased that he's aware we need more pace and is looking to bring players in who can beat a man and excite the crowd.

Can he suddenly become a good manager and do well here though? He is doing fine at the minute, but he has never achieved anything in management, so can he suddenly become good here and do well, or will he just go onto fail?

Can he suddenly become a good manager and do well here though? He is doing fine at the minute, but he has never achieved anything in management, so can he suddenly become good here and do well, or will he just go onto fail?

Suddenly become a good manager? I think you could argue he's always been a pretty good manager.

He's mellowed, and become more experienced, and now has a chance to prove his quality at a club like ours.

Let's now see if he can become a great manager.

Most fans I've spoken to rate Pardew TBH, I think he's quite well respected in football in general. Only his trouser snake has affected his reputation I reckon.

Anyway, if he keeps going how he is now I'll be happy, tentative signs of good progress.

By that logic, there must always be a point where a manager was not good?  And suddenly they become good?

Suddenly become a good manager? I think you could argue he's always been a pretty good manager.

He's mellowed, and become more experienced, and now has a chance to prove his quality at a club like ours.

Let's now see if he can become a great manager.

I'd agree with that, work he did with West Ham was impressive mostly and always a manager I liked, thought his sacking from southampton was harsh