Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Hong Kong Phooey

Out of interest, which football managers do you believe are telling the exact truth when they speak to the media?

I'm not even sure Pardew knows what the truth is!!!!

Guest Antec

Out of interest, which football managers do you believe are telling the exact truth when they speak to the media?

When talking about footballing issues, quite a few of them I reckon

When dribbling on about transfer fees, wages, training ground improvements and holding money back for a transfer window you previously said had no value in it, all because the people who should be speaking about these things have once again gone into hiding, not very many I'd imagine

When talking about footballing issues, quite a few of them I reckon

When dribbling on about transfer fees, wages, training ground improvements and holding money back for a transfer window you previously said had no value in it, all because the people who should be speaking about these things have once again gone into hiding, not very many I'd imagine

This.

I think Pardew often gets hung out to dry by Ashley etc. It's rather obvious Pardew hasn't got the answers to the big questions but he made his bed when he joined and now he's squirming in it.

2 or 3 more good signings would certainly appease the growing unrest however.

Guest Antec

I think Pardew often gets hung out to dry by Ashley etc. It's rather obvious Pardew hasn't got the answers to the big questions but he made his bed when he joined and now he's squirming in it.

2 or 3 more good signings would certainly appease the growing unrest however.

Would be amazing but I think that ship has sailed unfortunately. Fingers still crossed though

The one who was sacked to make way for Pardew.  :pow:

Ian, noone with any sense takes everything the manager or club officials of any team say as gospel, as there are certain things it is in the best interests of the club to keep under wraps. Some managers don't like deliberately misleading fans and will avoid the issue altogether, others have no problem with implying one thing while keeping the language vague enough to be able to say the situation changed when the opposite of what they implied earlier happens, and in the case of some managers like Kinnear they are living in their own little fantasy world and will just say whatever pops into their head at the time that they think supporters want to hear.

The bizarre thing is people like yourself who get all uptight when Pardew or the club say something and people don't automatically believe it without question. Apparently having any cynicism even when justified by experience is being "negative". You obviously realise that Pardew doesn't always tell the whole truth, and in the Tiote thread you accept that the only thing keeping him here is other clubs' lack of interest. So why when people dismiss what Pardew says on matters of buying and selling players as irrelevant do you get upset about it? It almost seems like you want to be comforted by being misled.

Guest Antec

Antec, do you think we won't sign anyone else then?

A striker probably but from the wage bill increase talk, we'll have to shift a few before any more come in. Maybe Xisco and Smith will ask to leave. As if

Im not saying other managers are great either but telling us a that part of that moneys went towards the free tranfers is a fucking joke man we are be taking for mugs, so if we hadnt sold carroll wed have had no money in the transfer kitty and would have had to sell to make free transfers and a £5 million signing ? howay man.

Im not saying other managers are great either but telling us a that part of that moneys went towards the free tranfers is a fucking joke man we are be taking for mugs, so if we hadnt sold carroll wed have had no money in the transfer kitty and would have had to sell to make free transfers and a £5 million signing ? howay man.

Where is all the excess money going then?

I loved Chrissy, but his deny all knowledge and 'very much so' comments were a bit tedious.  Talked less shite then AP mind.

Ian, noone with any sense takes everything the manager or club officials of any team say as gospel, as there are certain things it is in the best interests of the club to keep under wraps. Some managers don't like deliberately misleading fans and will avoid the issue altogether, others have no problem with implying one thing while keeping the language vague enough to be able to say the situation changed when the opposite of what they implied earlier happens, and in the case of some managers like Kinnear they are living in their own little fantasy world and will just say whatever pops into their head at the time that they think supporters want to hear.

The bizarre thing is people like yourself who get all uptight when Pardew or the club say something and people don't automatically believe it without question. Apparently having any cynicism even when justified by experience is being "negative". You obviously realise that Pardew doesn't always tell the whole truth, and in the Tiote thread you accept that the only thing keeping him here is other clubs' lack of interest. So why when people dismiss what Pardew says on matters of buying and selling players as irrelevant do you get upset about it? It almost seems like you want to be comforted by being misled.

The only thing that annoys me is people automatically believing the worst about everything to do with the club, while dismissing anything positive.

That's it basically, I don't expect people to believe everything that comes out of Pardew's mouth, but as far as I can see he's done well in his spell as manager and deserves a bit of credit.

So he said we wouldn't sell Carroll? So fucking what, every manager says that about their big players... he probably didn't even contemplate a £30m bid arriving.

The only thing keeping any player at any club is the fact that a more successful club doesn't want to bid mega money for them. That's just life, there's no point shitting our pants about it.

My overall view is that we had a great season last season, we've added some decent players to our squad, and there's plenty time to make other signings. I don't really care about the amount of the Carroll money that's being spent on transfers, and I don't really care about this so called "lack of communication".

Shouldn't really bother posting during these self-flagellation sessions that break out, but I can't help it.

The only thing that annoys me is people automatically believing the worst about everything to do with the club, while dismissing anything positive.

That's it basically, I don't expect people to believe everything that comes out of Pardew's mouth, but as far as I can see he's done well in his spell as manager and deserves a bit of credit.

So he said we wouldn't sell Carroll? So fucking what, every manager says that about their big players... he probably didn't even contemplate a £30m bid arriving.

The only thing keeping any player at any club is the fact that a more successful club doesn't want to bid mega money for them. That's just life, there's no point shitting our pants about it.

My overall view is that we had a great season last season, we've added some decent players to our squad, and there's plenty time to make other signings. I don't really care about the amount of the Carroll money that's being spent on transfers, and I don't really care about this so called "lack of communication".

Shouldn't really bother posting during these self-flagellation sessions that break out, but I can't help it.

:lol:

I've been trying to not log on, but it's like smoking - difficult to give up completely. Be effin glad when the window is shut.