Alan Pardew

JH

Not sure that makes any difference tbh. Any player looking at those 6-7 will recognise them and think it's a good team to join.

Also found this from Keegan in that Chelsea interview...oh how wrong he was. :lol:

"Maybe the owner thinks we can bridge that gap - but we can't."

Took Ashley just 6 months to break the spirit of the man..

If you read the interview you'll see it had nowt to do with that. He was just a realist. Only now though with City & Spurs, top 4 is top 6.

Just 3 seasons ago Spurs were in the lower regions of the Premiership themselves. What makes the league so cast in stone today that with some healthy ambition and the right level of investment we can't turn the tables on the likes of them again..? Of course, without such ambition and investment you are probably even being overly optimistic with your suggestion of aiming for a top 8 position..

Not sure that makes any difference tbh. Any player looking at those 6-7 will recognise them and think it's a good team to join.

Also found this from Keegan in that Chelsea interview...oh how wrong he was. :lol:

"Maybe the owner thinks we can bridge that gap - but we can't."

Took Ashley just 6 months to break the spirit of the man..

If you read the interview you'll see it had nowt to do with that. He was just a realist. Only now though with City & Spurs, top 4 is top 6.

Just 3 seasons ago Spurs were in the lower regions of the Premiership themselves. What makes the league so cast in stone today that with some healthy ambition and the right level of investment we can't turn the tables on the likes of them again..? Of course, without such ambition and investment you are probably even being overly optimistic with your suggestion of aiming for a top 8 position..

Three years ago they had an off season because Ramos did a s**** job. That's been a blip in what's mainly been a top 6 club for the last 5-6 years, something which took them a helluva lot of time, rebuilding, etc. to achieve.

What gets me is all these new players coming in commenting about being impressed with the level of ambition of the club. What are they telling them to convince them to come here? Also, most of our recent departures have commented about broken promises and lies in the media regarding their contract situation etc. I find it baffling that so many on here can defend bad decision after bad decision from Ashley & Co, when it's glaringly obvious they are taking us all along for a ride..

Even without the ones who have left, Krul, Coloccini, Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Ben Arfa, Ba, etc. is the core of a good solid top 8 squad. If players want to leave that then that's their choice but we're still attractive.

Besides from Cabaye and Ben Arfa, which of those players has been proven as capable at playing consistently in a top 8 side of any European league, let alone the Premiership..? Even then, those 2 have it all to prove in the Prem.

Coloccini at Deportivo and Ba at Hoffenheim. Krul is a talent that many top clubs have been interested in, has games for NT. Jonas has played in the WC.

I get the impression that Ashley and Pardew have bought into the media myth that all NUFC supporters expect to win the League every year and demand big name signings whereas we just want to watch football we can enjoy and be able to compete with most teams.  I don't know why they have to keep telling us to lower our expectations - how much lower do they want us to go. 

A club of this size should comfortably be a top-half team and if not then that is down to poor decision-making at boardroom level whether that is in their choice of manager, transfers, player costs, overall management of the club etc.  I am fed up of this lot looking for excuses or trying to pass the blame onto others all the time.

If Ashley's still at the club when that happens, then we're f***ed basically.

Why? Who would be next? Dennis Wise?

Point is Pardew came in knowing exactly what his role and situation was and accepted it when he signed up for it, the day he gets sick of it is the day we're fucked.

@CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Pardew intervenes as year-long dispute over bonuses between board & players finally resolved at #NUFC thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foot… (subscribers)

48 seconds ago

its a disgrace that we are less than 48 hours from kicking off in our first game of a new season and the puppet of a manager comes out with "We are trying to focus on incomings now not outgoings, priority is left back and a striker" in his press conference.  We went into the summer with £35m supposedly to strengthen the squad and the priority 3 MONTHS AGO was a striker and a left back.

The club is an absolute joke to be in this position on the eve of a new season and just sums up the farcical pre season that we have had.  Sunday league teams will have planned their new seasons better than NUFC have.

I am not a fan of Pardew and I am still not sure what to make of him.

Pardew got a lot of credit for last season but I am not so sure whether he just got away with it.  When I look back at last season, all the best games and results came under Hughton.  The two exceptions were the Liverpool game which the players (and Pardew) said was down to Hughton and the Arsenal game which could be argued was down to Barton and Nolan.

Looking at the second half of the season, yes we picked up points against some of the teams where we had been dropping them in similar games under Hughton and we missed Carroll and suffered injuries but we had some very poor games and average performances.  I know we had some very poor games under Hughton but post the Arsenal game, we were just very average.  Pardew made strange team selections against Stoke and Everton and his subs cost us the game against West Brom.  And I think the defence (his speciality) became poorer as the season went on.  Did the team just run out of steam in the end?  Whether Hughton would have done better, who knows.  However, it is now Pardew's team so it will be interesting to see how he gets on.  And he better not come out with any excuses as he has made his own bed.

Fuck you dave. Fuck you!

:laugh:

Bonus dispute has been source of much disquiet behind scenes at #NUFC - symptomatic of distrust. Resolution a positive development.

1 minute ago

Good news I guess. Says a lot about the attitudes of the people at the top though, they simply don't get it.

Pardew intervenes as year-long dispute over bonuses between board & players finally resolved at #NUFC thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/foot (subscribers)

48 seconds ago

Maybe they've used the Enrique fee to pay them.

Bonus for what?

everything probably,  keeping clean sheets, scoring goals, winning games, progressing in cups, avoiding relegation and god forbid winning something!

or todays players....turning up, smaller bonus if relegated, humiliation bonus if not selected, travelling time, goals bonus (in game,regardless of which team)