Alan Pardew

JH

Guest dogbeak

:lol:

He can't win. Give reassurances we'll sign a striker, slated. Don't give reassurances we're signing a striker, slated.

He could win.

He could try signing a striker.

do you think the manager goes and personally signs the cheques?

Typing like a monkey and trolling aside I'll give my two pennies worth on the situation Pardew finds himself in.

I don't know if the bloke is being fed a yarn or whether he's a bare faced liar but what is clear is if it wasn't the case before he is now fully aware of the situation he finds himself in. He has to delicately balance sensibly investing the shoe string budget the higher ups have provided him with while trying to convey sufficient ambition to fans and players alike. I think the tension between the two means both are not possible and therefore it's difficult to take his word too literally. Personally, I honestly think he was burnt by the Carroll deal. Of course it's just speculation but he made promises about Carroll and the cash generated from his sale and he was sold contrary to those guarantees. I now think he is reluctant to commit to promises he may not be able to keep due to the actions of the board. He knows they won't invest substantially so he's not promising too much too soon.

We've bought some good players this summer. Things of course could be better still if we throw a bit of money about but Pardew has little control over that. He has to progress with the money he has been given. It's difficult to tell how the league will pan out this year but if it's anything like last there will be a pack of teams in the middle filling anywhere from 8th-14th, last season we were one of those sides. For me at least, progress this season would be avoiding that melee and convincingly finishing in the top half ala Everton. With the size of that squad it would require good luck on the injury front but if we can keep our best 13/14 I see no reason why we cannot achieve that.

Of course, the jury is still out on Pardew's managerial ability. Last season he took over in a difficult situation and managed a reasonable finish with an extremely limited strike force and he deserves credit for that. Hopefully the addition of Ba and another will go some way to addressing this and this will see us push on a bit. Looking at us and looking at Everton I see no reason why we cannot give them a good run for that seventh spot. Of course Moyes is a far superior manager to Pardew but if he can somehow keep the camp fit, happy and confident we might just surprise a few this season, despite the chronic lack of investment.

Posted this a while back but saves me responding to the above.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7093913,00.html

Pardew urges Toon rethink

Magpies manager feels some still need to adjust expectations

By Ben Collins.   Last Updated: August 11, 2011 5:51pm

Pardew: Admits Newcastle are no longer the spending club they were

Manager Alan Pardew has stressed that Newcastle United must re-evaluate their status as a club.

Pardew has had to get his head round various contractual issues from the previous regime, which have resulted in potentially both Jose Enrique and Joey Barton leaving the club cheaply.

Newcastle fans and some high-profile players have grown increasingly frustrated at the lack of a big-name striker being signed following Andy Carroll's £35million move to Liverpool in January.

But gone are the days of Newcastle splashing the cash, with modest signings such as Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid and Gabriel Obertan reflecting owner Mike Ashley's new prudent approach.

And Pardew admits that is something everyone involved with the club will have to get used to.

"Some of the problems I have inherited that have gone on before haven't made it easy, and I have picked up some history of what has gone on in contract negotiations et cetera," he said.

New understanding

"It's very, very important that we try to build a new understanding of the club going forward together.

"It's documented that the club needs to be sustainable from its own funds, and that put us in a category of clubs that probably we are not used to being in.

"Maybe 10 years ago, we would be able to rival the Arsenals and Manchester Citys and Chelseas of this world in terms of transfers.

"But that looks difficult at the moment until such times as we grow the club and show on the pitch that we can bring some success, then hopefully keep our better players and build on that.

"Unfortunately, the business of this Premier League makes it difficult. These top clubs can come and grab our players and until such time as we are financially strong enough to hold off sovereign states, we are going to have a problem."

Enrique medical

Enrique headed to Merseyside on Thursday to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical with Liverpool.

Having had to admit defeat in his bid to keep hold of Carroll in January, Pardew had signalled his intention to tie up Enrique, Barton and Kevin Nolan to long-term deals.

But both Enrique and Barton rejected the terms on offer while Nolan dropped down a division to join West Ham this summer.

Asked about the Enrique situation, Pardew added: "He was in the last year of his contract and he made it clear he didn't really have any motivation to re-sign here.

"He's got the move he wanted and we have to move on, and we will."

Sovereign states

He's talking about Liverpool of course, in much greater debt than us.

Bloke is such a complete knob. f***ing detest the t***.

they've got someone to back their debt and keep going, we haven't, not too sure i'd be comfortable with it either.

been here before haven't we ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I am a pardew sympathiser

Gone down in my estimations today. Selling Jose without replacement is inexcusable it's not like we were short if cash

Or were we

Wankers!

Sovereign states

He's talking about Liverpool of course, in much greater debt than us.

Bloke is such a complete knob. Fucking detest the twat.

It's even worse when you think about the way the bloke that he replaced was shafted

A few key injuries to starters revealing the inadequacies of the squad and some early poor performances and he'll really feel it from the fans.

He's in a job he wouldn't normally have got, I think he actually means well but he has to pathetically tow the line of those above him and it's making him look so so plastic at the moment.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's a coach and little more. Can't blame him for any off the field business whatsoever.

In his current position, I think he's a good coach.

Guest Howaythetoon

By Ben Collins.  Last Updated: August 11, 2011 5:51pm

Manager Alan Pardew has stressed that Newcastle United must re-evaluate their status as a club.

Pardew has had to get his head round various contractual issues from the previous regime, which have resulted in potentially both Jose Enrique and Joey Barton leaving the club cheaply.

Newcastle fans and some high-profile players have grown increasingly frustrated at the lack of a big-name striker being signed following Andy Carroll's £35million move to Liverpool in January.

But gone are the days of Newcastle splashing the cash, with modest signings such as Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid and Gabriel Obertan reflecting owner Mike Ashley's new prudent approach.

And Pardew admits that is something everyone involved with the club will have to get used to.

"Some of the problems I have inherited that have gone on before haven't made it easy, and I have picked up some history of what has gone on in contract negotiations et cetera," he said.

New understanding

"It's very, very important that we try to build a new understanding of the club going forward together.

"It's documented that the club needs to be sustainable from its own funds, and that put us in a category of clubs that probably we are not used to being in.

"Maybe 10 years ago, we would be able to rival the Arsenals and Manchester Citys and Chelseas of this world in terms of transfers.

"But that looks difficult at the moment until such times as we grow the club and show on the pitch that we can bring some success, then hopefully keep our better players and build on that.

"Unfortunately, the business of this Premier League makes it difficult. These top clubs can come and grab our players and until such time as we are financially strong enough to hold off sovereign states, we are going to have a problem."

Enrique medical

Enrique headed to Merseyside on Thursday to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical with Liverpool.

Having had to admit defeat in his bid to keep hold of Carroll in January, Pardew had signalled his intention to tie up Enrique, Barton and Kevin Nolan to long-term deals.

But both Enrique and Barton rejected the terms on offer while Nolan dropped down a division to join West Ham this summer.

Asked about the Enrique situation, Pardew added: "He was in the last year of his contract and he made it clear he didn't really have any motivation to re-sign here.

I would sack him just for those very defeatist and patronising comments alone. Those comments clearly prove he is just a puppet, any self respecting manager in charge of a club with 53,000 fans, a club that generates over 100m in turn over, a club which can attract top players, a club with a good reputation abroad, would never come out with crap like that. Big clubs cherry picking our better players Alan, like West Ham you mean? We are being outspent by the entire league. Stoke are outspending us. The mackems. Villa. Clubs who do not generate the money we do.

I am not buying this wage reinvestment carry on regarding the Carroll money either and the fact Pardew keeps spouting it shows what he thinks of the supporters - he must think we are all idiots. The money the club generates via tickets, sponsorship, TV money etc. is more than enough to pay for the wages of its players. That Carroll money was a windfall, free money almost and every single penny should be spent on players. Not players and their wages and turf and tarmac but players in terms of transfer fees.

Pardew is complicet in the mismanagement of our club and for that he does not get my support and I cannot wait for the day he and all the other tossers from the owner to some of the players leave our magnificent club because they are not worthy.

As for the bit in bold Alan... you get success by keeping your better players and brining in equally better players not by fucking selling them and not spending money you fucking idiot.

Honestly I've had enough of his patter and his lies. You're a championship manager at best Pardew, a fucking liar and a bell end of a bloke, please fuck off from my club.

Just watched his pre-match presser.

He came across very calm actually. I dunno, i'd imagine we are talking to players. He's very confident about getting the two in (striker and lb).Its obviously a piss take we dont have a LB in for Saturday, but as long as we get them in, we should still be looking fairly solid.

Guest Mantis

By Ben Collins.   Last Updated: August 11, 2011 5:51pm

New understanding

Enrique medical

I would sack him just for those very defeatist and patronising comments alone. Those comments clearly prove he is just a puppet, any self respecting manager in charge of a club with 53,000 fans, a club that generates over 100m in turn over, a club which can attract top players, a club with a good reputation abroad, would never come out with crap like that. Big clubs cherry picking our better players Alan, like West Ham you mean? We are being outspent by the entire league. Stoke are outspending us. The mackems. Villa. Clubs who do not generate the money we do.

I am not buying this wage reinvestment carry on regarding the Carroll money either and the fact Pardew keeps spouting it shows what he thinks of the supporters - he must think we are all idiots. The money the club generates via tickets, sponsorship, TV money etc. is more than enough to pay for the wages of its players. That Carroll money was a windfall, free money almost and every single penny should be spent on players. Not players and their wages and turf and tarmac but players in terms of transfer fees.

Pardew is complicet in the mismanagement of our club and for that he does not get my support and I cannot wait for the day he and all the other tossers from the owner to some of the players leave our magnificent club because they are not worthy.

As for the bit in bold Alan... you get success by keeping your better players and brining in equally better players not by f***ing selling them and not spending money you f***ing idiot.

Honestly I've had enough of his patter and his lies. You're a championship manager at best Pardew, a f***ing liar and a bell end of a bloke, please f*** off from my club.

:clap:

The clocks ticking for this wanker and his best option would be to shut the fuck up.  Cant trust a word any of them say and he's incapable of finding a first choice striker in 8 months.  Just fuck off.

It won't be long before the fans turn on him and then he'll realise what a plonker he's been in bowing down to the board's demands without much of a fight.

He started to go down in my estimation a long time ago now. (Ok... early pre-season.)

Bad result at SJP on Saturday and at Sunderland and I think he's going to come under serious pressure.

Alternativley, we could start well and people will wonder what all the huffing and puffing was for??

Just another take on it.

why arent we allowed the same expectations as other clubs with similar fan base, and revenue streams?

This is what annoys me the most about all. We're being told that we can't compete with the transfers of Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal but we're not competing with them so why would we? Why not talk about why we aren't competing financially with Villa, Sunderland, Wolves etc as they're the teams we're in with?

Also I assume everyone has noticed how the "our finances are really bad" talk has conveniently gone into overdrive?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

They are clearly trying to knock us down regarding our expectations, that's clear. I ask the question do they seriously think that they could get 52k every week to go and watch a group of no hopers with the best chance of finishing 10th every season?

I think not.

Hope and expectation is what drives us on to do better every season and to be better than our neighbors.