Alan Pardew

JH

Season starts tomorrow, prices go up. Clubs don't want to sell their better players so late on (unless they don't give a fuck of course, like us) because it's harder to replace them for the exact same reason. Or they know we're desperate, so prices go up anyway.

The only explanation is that we don't want to spend anything, or are completely clueless. Or both.

“Jose made it clear he wanted to move on and it was going to happen.

“I am glad it has happened now.

“If it had happened on the 28th or 29th of August it would have been harder.

“In that respect we have no excuses not to replace him – and we will replace him.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/12/pardew-steps-up-hunt-for-enrique-replacement-72703-29222323/#ixzz1UoiPQ31o

Pardew's quotes on why we sold Jose now instead of waiting. If we'd played him tomorrow he wouldn't have given 100%. He could have got injured and then we'd be left with a demoralised and bitter player who would feel we'd wrecked his move. In reality it would have been a bad idea.

We knew he was going and SHOULD have had a new leftback signed, making Liverpool & Jose wait would not have been an issue if we had done things right.

Again this club did things arse forward.

What if he had got injured or not played with any commitment?

Guest sicko2ndbest

This guy is in a no win

No self respecting manager would work for this regime

His answers are dictated by the board

Season starts tomorrow, prices go up. Clubs don't want to sell their better players so late on (unless they don't give a fuck of course, like us) because it's harder to replace them for the exact same reason. Or they know we're desperate, so prices go up anyway.

The only explanation is that we don't want to spend anything, or are completely clueless. Or both.

Stoke must be unbelievably clueless then, Pulis has just said that they hope to bring in another 5 to 6 players before the end of the window. Poor deluded saps.

Season starts tomorrow, prices go up. Clubs don't want to sell their better players so late on (unless they don't give a f*** of course, like us) because it's harder to replace them for the exact same reason. Or they know we're desperate, so prices go up anyway.

Stoke must be unbelievably clueless then, Pulis has just said that they hope to bring in another 5 to 6 players before the end of the window. Poor deluded saps.

Or perhaps they have an owner prepared to back his manager with some money?

Season starts tomorrow, prices go up. Clubs don't want to sell their better players so late on (unless they don't give a f*** of course, like us) because it's harder to replace them for the exact same reason. Or they know we're desperate, so prices go up anyway.

"We could do with desperately getting those players in as quickly as possible" was also said.

"We could do with desperately getting those players in as quickly as possible" was also said.

Why haven't they done it then?

I don't doubt that we're trying to do the same.

Because they haven't received about £45 million in transfer fees recently?

dunno, perhaps if they'd raked in 40 - 50m in transfer fees in the last 8 months they might have managed it? :lol:

dunno, perhaps if they'd raked in 40 - 50m in transfer fees in the last 8 months they might have managed it? :lol:

They are not saying they won't get them in though. ???

It's not always down to cash.

I would think most clubs still need to work on a squad of 25 so will move players in or out based on that. £45m or not I think Stoke would work within those parameters. There might be clubs who don't, I don't know.

I would think most clubs still need to work on a squad of 25 so will move players in or out based on that. £45m or not I think Stoke would work within those parameters. There might be clubs who don't, I don't know.

At the minute I think that we're currently sitting on a squad of about 21 players that we need to register.  Barton is still very likely to move on and it wouldn't suprise me if Smith was shunted out on desperation transfer day to some suckers.

With every day that passes the bigger a joke Alan Pardew being 'in charge' of Newcastle United, becomes. Lose to the mackems (which I believe we will) then there will be no hiding place for him. Any amount of meaningless wafffle won't save him.

“Jose made it clear he wanted to move on and it was going to happen.

“I am glad it has happened now.

“If it had happened on the 28th or 29th of August it would have been harder.

“In that respect we have no excuses not to replace him – and we will replace him.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/12/pardew-steps-up-hunt-for-enrique-replacement-72703-29222323/#ixzz1UoiPQ31o

Pardew's quotes on why we sold Jose now instead of waiting. If we'd played him tomorrow he wouldn't have given 100%. He could have got injured and then we'd be left with a demoralised and bitter player who would feel we'd wrecked his move. In reality it would have been a bad idea.

We knew he was going and SHOULD have had a new leftback signed, making Liverpool & Jose wait would not have been an issue if we had done things right.

Again this club did things arse forward.

What if he had got injured or not played with any commitment?

I never said play him, I said we should have had a new leftback signed, that way we had a leftback to use, did not need to play Jose.

With every day that passes the bigger a joke Alan Pardew being 'in charge' of Newcastle United, becomes. Lose to the mackems (which I believe we will) then there will be no hiding place for him. Any amount of meaningless wafffle won't save him.

He's not  in charge' of Newcastle United, he's the first team manager. As most managers generally are these days.

Guest icemanblue

Jose's move was agreed very early on in the summer. The delay was to ensure that we had time to buy a replacement. Liverpool, like any normal club, wanted him in before the start of the season. They put pressure on us to let him go now by threatening to pull out and concentrate on another target. We're left fucked for the start of the season. Another gamble that's paid off for Ashley.

He's not  in charge' of Newcastle United, he's the first team manager. As most managers generally are these days.

Think most managers in England still have the final say (or at least some say) on transfers. Pards clearly doesn't.

He's not  in charge' of Newcastle United, he's the first team manager. As most managers generally are these days.

This is the thing. He's being hung out to dry by the twats up top. I can't say I feel sympathy for him, he knew the terms of the job. And he appears to be more than happy being their puppet, if he wasn't, he'd be out of the door along with KK and Hughton. But at the same time, I can't feel any anger towards him, as while Ashley and Llambias are in charge, we're not going to get any different.

Every team in the country's in the same position though. Every season we moan about it, but every season it's the same. Transfers always tend to happen in the last few weeks of the window for most clubs. Even Man City are leaving it late to get Nasri and they have all the money in the world.

The teams who have received huge transfer fees recently have reinvested the money quickly and well before the first game. Really doubt those teams will be playing a left winger/right back at left back tomorrow and praying their one good striker's dodgy knee holds up.