Alan Pardew

JH

The QPR performance was as poor as anything Allardyce, Souness or Roeder through up. Our football under Pardew has, in the main, been turgid s***. We are relying on hard work, team spirit and a reasonably settled and solid defence. We need far more to advance. Pardew may know what he needs to do but I'm not too sure he has the ability to put together such a side much less get it playing well. His substitutions and decisions from the dugout suggest that and worry me a lot.

The 3-0 loss at Man City under Souness

The 1-0 loss at Derby under Fat Sam

The 0-2 loss at home to Blackburn under Roeder

The 0-0 at home with Boro under Roeder

The 2-1 loss at Reading under Fat Sam

and particularly...

The 0-1 loss at home to Sheff Utd under Roeder

were all worse imo. There's probably more if I sat and gave it a minute's thought.

The 0-0 at home to Charlton under Roeder. They were awful at the time.

The 1-4 at home to Portsmouth under Fat Sam deserves a mention imo.

Guest CheickMansour

I still miss Hughton.  Having a decent, honest likeable man at the helm always made me feel better somehow.  And he looked good in that jumper and suit combo..

:thup:

At times it's been good. It's definitely better than under Kinnear, but i wouldn't say it's better than under Hughton. Not a chance in hell that it's better than what we played under Keegan. The 4-3-1-2 under Keegan was some of the best football i've ever seen us play. Every single player in the team at that point was in a perfect role for them. Certainly the best we've played since Bobby.

The way people go on you would think we used to go away from home and tonk people every week. I remember Charlton and West Ham battering us under Robson, a piss poor Everton side beating us in Shearer's second game and losing at Southampton every time we went there.

We've always put in shite performances away from home. At least against QPR, we were resilient enough to get a point.

The QPR performance was as poor as anything Allardyce, Souness or Roeder through up. Our football under Pardew has, in the main, been turgid shit. We are relying on hard work, team spirit and a reasonably settled and solid defence. We need far more to advance. Pardew may know what he needs to do but I'm not too sure he has the ability to put together such a side much less get it playing well. His substitutions and decisions from the dugout suggest that and worry me a lot.

Give your head a fuckin shake man.

The QPR performance was shit. No getting away from it, we were awful.....going forward.

The football under AP in my opinion has been refreshingly good. Better than CH and JFK. Possibly better than KK's second stint to.

We have been far more organised defensively since AP arrived but still conceded goals late on. This season we are again better defensively and that shows in the fact we have only conceded once. At Home. We are solid away, we are more resolute and it seems we can set games out too.

Back end of last season we played some nice attacking football whilst missing a key striker and Barfa. This season we have been solid, organised and have shown glimpses of whats to come once Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Obertan, Mavreaux, Jonas and Tiote find an understanding and are fully settled. Goals will come from Ba, he has a good record in the PL, so does Best. That there should be our 1st choice pairing until Barfa is un and running.

Im confident that with a little bit of patience we will only see the side get better and better over the next few months. Cabaye and Ben Arfa are going to provide guile and flair through the middle. Tiote will be an anchorman covering ground and chasing everythin. I'd like to see Marveux as a regular on the left and Jonas a chance to impress/improve on the right. Obertan off the bench for an impact in the second half. The two upront are hungry and have a good mix between them. Power, Arial ability, a bit of skill and a good PL record.

Im also looking forward to seeing what sort of impact Santon will have at LB. I think he could forge a quality understanding with Marveaux on the left.

I'd think....hope AP's first team would look like this once everyone is fit.

---Krul---

Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini ©---Santon

Cabaye---Tiote

Jonas--------Ben Arfa-----Marveaux

---Ba---

Bench: Harper, Williamson, R.Taylor, Gosling, Obertan, Shola and Best.

That side could have us in the top 6 at christmas.

I have confidence in AP, Carver and Stone.

Have you donated that £50 to the SBR foundation yet btw?

I still miss Hughton.  Having a decent, honest likeable man at the helm always made me feel better somehow.  And he looked good in that jumper and suit combo..

I haven't really missed Hughton until now tbh. Not for his decency as such, more because I'm starting to think he's more tactically aware than Pardew. Hughton was over cautious but there was a plan to the way his sides played. Pardew is starting to look like someone talks clever but actually knows fuck all.

That night in Alkmaar is probably the lowest point since I 'properly' started following NUFC. It ranks alongside going down. The manner in which we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory was staggering; Dyer's fucking shit miss when he rounded the keeper, Bramble's piss-poor marking on the second goal, Scotty Parker's goal ruled out in the dying minutes for fuck all, Carr ducking out at the last minute and essentially forcing us to hang Huntington out to dry at left-back, Roeder's baffling substitutions, just argh. The whole thing is vivid still, to me.

I even remember just having a terrible feeling at the stage of that well harsh penalty awarded against S.Taylor in the home leg when someone stotted it off him from point-blank range - Given saved, Bramble made a mint tackle, and the cunts still netted.

Roeder was absolutely finished from the moment he declared "we'll settle for 0-0" in Alkmaar, especially with their home record. I could go on for fucking hours about this shit. :lol:

I always thought that Lisbon away was much worse, as I genuinely thought that we stood a chance that year.

That night in Alkmaar is probably the lowest point since I 'properly' started following NUFC. It ranks alongside going down. The manner in which we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory was staggering; Dyer's fucking shit miss when he rounded the keeper, Bramble's piss-poor marking on the second goal, Scotty Parker's goal ruled out in the dying minutes for fuck all, Carr ducking out at the last minute and essentially forcing us to hang Huntington out to dry at left-back, Roeder's baffling substitutions, just argh. The whole thing is vivid still, to me.

I even remember just having a terrible feeling at the stage of that well harsh penalty awarded against S.Taylor in the home leg when someone stotted it off him from point-blank range - Given saved, Bramble made a mint tackle, and the cunts still netted.

Roeder was absolutely finished from the moment he declared "we'll settle for 0-0" in Alkmaar, especially with their home record. I could go on for fucking hours about this shit. :lol:

I always thought that Lisbon away was much worse, as I genuinely thought that we stood a chance that year.

Me too, it was a round further too.

The QPR performance was as poor as anything Allardyce, Souness or Roeder through up. Our football under Pardew has, in the main, been turgid shit. We are relying on hard work, team spirit and a reasonably settled and solid defence. We need far more to advance. Pardew may know what he needs to do but I'm not too sure he has the ability to put together such a side much less get it playing well. His substitutions and decisions from the dugout suggest that and worry me a lot.

Give your head a fuckin shake man.

The QPR performance was shit. No getting away from it, we were awful.....going forward.

The football under AP in my opinion has been refreshingly good. Better than CH and JFK. Possibly better than KK's second stint to.

We have been far more organised defensively since AP arrived but still conceded goals late on. This season we are again better defensively and that shows in the fact we have only conceded once. At Home. We are solid away, we are more resolute and it seems we can set games out too.

Back end of last season we played some nice attacking football whilst missing a key striker and Barfa. This season we have been solid, organised and have shown glimpses of whats to come once Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Obertan, Mavreaux, Jonas and Tiote find an understanding and are fully settled. Goals will come from Ba, he has a good record in the PL, so does Best. That there should be our 1st choice pairing until Barfa is un and running.

Im confident that with a little bit of patience we will only see the side get better and better over the next few months. Cabaye and Ben Arfa are going to provide guile and flair through the middle. Tiote will be an anchorman covering ground and chasing everythin. I'd like to see Marveux as a regular on the left and Jonas a chance to impress/improve on the right. Obertan off the bench for an impact in the second half. The two upront are hungry and have a good mix between them. Power, Arial ability, a bit of skill and a good PL record.

Im also looking forward to seeing what sort of impact Santon will have at LB. I think he could forge a quality understanding with Marveaux on the left.

I'd think....hope AP's first team would look like this once everyone is fit.

---Krul---

Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini ©---Santon

Cabaye---Tiote

Jonas--------Ben Arfa-----Marveaux

---Ba---

Bench: Harper, Williamson, R.Taylor, Gosling, Obertan, Shola and Best.

That side could have us in the top 6 at christmas.

I have confidence in AP, Carver and Stone.

Do you not think it's you that needs to 'give your head a fucking shake'.  I've highlighted two segments the first of which can be attributed to something that is nothing more than luck.  EVERY match this season so far we been torn apart by the opposition and they haven't had players capable of putting the ball into the net.  QPR, fucking QPR, had 3 chances cleared off the line as well as a number of gilt edged chances that most teams in this league will put away.  For being organised, the team barely look like they know each other when they get on the field, and seem incapable of passing the ball to another man wearing the same shirt.

In terms of football played, it's been fucking abysmal at best, long ball shit trying to get dead ball opportunities and hoping our appalling right-back cover (oh sorry current first place left-back) will be able to smash it in from a resulting free kick.  We're hinging all of our bets on a player that is now recovering from a year out from two serious impact injuries to play in a league where he is going to take a number of high impact challenges and we don't know if he's going to be able to withstand it, never mind be able to perform to the high standards he did for two and a half matches last year.

Pick your best 11 all you want, but actually getting those players fit and available at the same time is another thing, and one that we've been incapable of doing for a long time.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Right. Counted up and double checked, average points per game - Premier League games only:

(EDIT - reposted to correct KK's missing seasons in original post)

Kevin Keegan          1.76    (162 PL games)

1.85 from 143  +  1.11 from 19

Bobby Robson         1.60    (188 PL games)

Glenn Roeder         1.42    (52 PL games)

Kenny Dalglish        1.36    (56 PL games)

Alan Pardew         1.35    (26 PL games)   

Graeme Souness    1.19    (57 PL games)

Chris Hughton         1.19    (16 PL games in 2010)

Ruud Gullit              1.10    (41 PL games)

Sam Allardyce          1.06    (17 PL games)

Joe Kinnear            1.05    (19 PL games)