Alan Pardew

JH

I really think people are putting way too much to that one line Pardew told the media. It's not like they wasn't training together for a whole week before the game. What happend between the Villa and Tham game wich should be looked at.

People sticking the boot in over one throwaway comment. Ridiculous, you can tell we didn't have a game at the weekend.

The 'let our hair down' comment, to get whipped 5-0 to then be followed up with 'now the fans know why we have to play 451' really annoys, frustrates and worries me about him.

It's like he said, you want football do you? Here you go, oh now you see i was right were going to shut up shop for the rest of the season. Nobody asked him to let his hair down, in fact that should have been saved for Wolves, but likely doing that and winning well would mean he'd be forced to do it again.

Like people say, can't argue with the points total, but the way were playing we could lose the next 5-6 games on the spin and then there's nowt to hang on to.

He's always been quite a cockey know- it- all- like that.

:lol: :lol: People really are ripping him to shreds aren't they!

He's always been like that. It's well documented. He really rates himself. Personally don't really mind that in a manager.

I was being sarcastic after the post before yours, you nipped in and posted in front of me!

I don't mind that either though, good to have confidence in yourself, as long as you can back it up of course or else you look a bit silly.

The "let our hair down" comment was after results had fallen our way over the weekend of the Villa game. Surely it was a throwaway comment reflecting that we could go into the game without too much pressure?

The problem is when the soundbites are matched by the way the team is set out, and then promptly changed when it falls through. As TT said further up he'd have been far better waiting for the Wolves game before setting out such an adventurous plan. It's like he doesn't look at the opposition and set the team out according to who we're playing and just decides, "right we'll do this today....oops, it didn't work I'm not going to do that next time".

The 'let our hair down' comment, to get whipped 5-0 to then be followed up with 'now the fans know why we have to play 451' really annoys, frustrates and worries me about him.

It's like he said, you want football do you? Here you go, oh now you see i was right were going to shut up shop for the rest of the season. Nobody asked him to let his hair down, in fact that should have been saved for Wolves, but likely doing that and winning well would mean he'd be forced to do it again.

Like people say, can't argue with the points total, but the way were playing we could lose the next 5-6 games on the spin and then there's nowt to hang on to.

:thup: it's especially worrying that it was obvious he got it wrong from about 7 minutes into the match, yet he did nothing to change it and we only tried to change things with about 20 mins to go when it was far too late. The fact that he couldn't see what was right in front of his face and try and attempt a change is really odd. It's his main issue in that he can't respond to events happening on the pitch as well as he should.

Seen a lot of people comment on this, he does seem to take an age to change things.  Worked really well when he did opt for a change of style against QPR, but his hand was forced due to injury to Cabaye.  Did the right thing bringing Perch on against Blackburn, but he did leave Shola on the pitch for 90 minutes when he was visibly fucked after 50.

His preparation, by all accounts is meticulous and it has served us well.  The fact he's been second guessed and totally out thought by Martin Jol, Gus Poyet and Steve Kean (yes I know we won in the end) is a bit of a worry though I must say.  His inability to react to certain situations and change tactics mid game could end up being very costly.  It's something he hasn't got in his locker and I'm not sure he ever will have.

Our tactics seemed to vary on a game by game basis earlier in the season, but lately we seem to be setting up in the same manner, with no flexibility, a high line and an over reliance on the long ball.  With Ba, Cisse, Tiote and Cabaye back in, I do expect this to change somehwat and so it should.

I am firmly in the Pardew In camp BTW, just slightly concerned with certain things.  Probably just being overly critical though and having 3 or 4 of our best players missing has hardly helped.

Right, if so many people are so unhappy with him and think he isn't good enough for Nufc, they boo the fucker and make a sign for the match.

Best season we've had in donkeys years and people are still unhappy.

Christ no wonder the media think the fans expect to much.

Yes, i know we have had bad games this season and I know we have struggled at times.

But still, howay man.

Right, if so many people are so unhappy with him and think he isn't good enough for Nufc, they boo the f***er and make a sign for the match.

Yes, i know we have had bad games this season and I know we have struggled at times.

But still, howay man.

well...he makes mistakes....but overall there is not much to complain about atm. its ok to question and debate his odd decisions and silly comments (which i dont think he does often)....but he will also learn from his mistakes and hopefully we will become even stronger and more experienced over time.

by silly comments i mean the 1 about playing 4-5-1 after the spurs match....just a very very silly and worringly comment. with 2 in-form strikers like ba and cisse we should be able to play both...even with a defensive approach. We could easily be defensive orientated and still produce 2-5 good chances for them to score 1-2 goals. Both are also caple of defending ok...so a comment like the one he made sounds like plain stupidity!

actually im very happy about pardew....very important how he (like chris h) gets the players to fight for each other....thats probably what i enjoy most...after years with lazy high earners i really like the new spirit around the squad.

Right, if so many people are so unhappy with him and think he isn't good enough for Nufc, they boo the f***er and make a sign for the match.

But still, howay man.

Not sure if that is directed at my post or not, I felt the need to put the last line in as a qualification because of people over reacting.  The Pardew out/isn't a good manager mob are pathetic, but the people that respond to any minor criticism with "we're 6th, we're having a great season, how dare you moan" style posts are nearly as bad.

Do you think fans never complain, criticise or analyse managers?  Are we really worse than other fans in that sense?  Even the likes of Man U and City will have fans that question the manager and certain decisions.  Start of the season, two Spurs ST holders I know wanted Harry to go for various reasons  :lol: plenty of people whinging about Fergie after the 1-6 and the 3-0 against us.

Ba, Krul and Colo have been superb this season, does that mean when they fuck up or have bad games we don't speak about it, or highlight any flaws in their game?  Should Pardew be exempt from criticism or something?

I would love nothing more than stability, AP should get at least 2 full seasons to see where he takes us, but there are certainly areas that fans (including myself) think he can improve on.  I can certainly see us progressing further under him, if he's backed by the board that is.

But still, howay man.

Not sure if that is directed at my post or not, I felt the need to put the last line in as a qualification because of people over reacting.  The Pardew out/isn't a good manager mob are pathetic, but the people that respond to any minor criticism with "we're 6th, we're having a great season, how dare you moan" style posts are nearly as bad.

Do you think fans never complain, criticise or analyse managers?  Are we really worse than other fans in that sense?  Even the likes of Man U and City will have fans that question the manager and certain decisions.  Start of the season, two Spurs ST holders I know wanted Harry to go for various reasons  :lol: plenty of people whinging about Fergie after the 1-6 and the 3-0 against us.

Ba, Krul and Colo have been superb this season, does that mean when they f*** up or have bad games we don't speak about it, or highlight any flaws in their game?  Should Pardew be exempt from criticism or something?

I would love nothing more than stability, AP should get at least 2 full seasons to see where he takes us, but there are certainly areas that fans (including myself) think he can improve on.  I can certainly see us progressing further under him, if he's backed by the board that is.

:thup:

Some only look at the table. 

But still, howay man.

Ba, Krul and Colo have been superb this season, does that mean when they fuck up or have bad games we don't speak about it, or highlight any flaws in their game?  Should Pardew be exempt from criticism or something?

Absolutely spot on.

Yes, thats right...

You lot must have been ready for murder going off past seasons of Souness, Roeder, Allerdyce, Kinnear.

I think people are getting ahead of themselves.

Which teams have played good football this season?

Swansea?

But still, howay man.

Ba, Krul and Colo have been superb this season, does that mean when they f*** up or have bad games we don't speak about it, or highlight any flaws in their game?  Should Pardew be exempt from criticism or something?

I agree with your post but lets give Pardew some more time before we decide if he's a good manager. Certainly his career up to now is not enough to suggest he is.

But still, howay man.

I agree with your post but lets give Pardew some more time before we decide if he's a good manager. Certainly his career up to now is not enough to suggest he is.

Just out of curiosity of all the teams in the PL which managers do you think have done enough to suggest they are good managers?...

Yes, thats right...

You lot must have been ready for murder going off past seasons of Souness, Roeder, Allerdyce, Kinnear.

Swansea?

You are completely right. Well argued, I will leave it at that. And apart from Souness I think no manager have had a strong starting line up as Pardew.

:facepalm:

Hope you directed that one at yourself btw. DrVenkman was just showing how your own words sound.

We have 17p in our last 14games. Something calls for a change, thats relegation stats. We are running on fuel we gathered in the beginning of the season. And Pardew is having problem adapting to bad results. We are a too good team to not win, but its up to Pardew to make the right changes for us to go on another good run. Playing Obeshitebulb or Raylor wide right isnt the way to go.

Id try Raylor instead of Danny for once against Wolves.

But still, howay man.

He has proven he is good enough to manage in the PL. Question is if he can take the next step with the right set up. We have a very strong potential first XL  its all about fitting them in correctly and moving the poopoo away from  the XI.

Yes, thats right...

Swansea?

You are completely right. Well argued, I will leave it at that. And apart from Souness I think no manager have had a strong starting line up as Pardew.

:facepalm:

Hope you directed that one at yourself btw. DrVenkman was just showing how your own words sound.

We have 17p in our last 14games. Something calls for a change, thats relegation stats. We are running on fuel we gathered in the beginning of the season. And Pardew is having problem adapting to bad results. We are a too good team to not win, but its up to Pardew to make the right changes for us to go on another good run. Playing Obeshitebulb or Raylor wide right isnt the way to go.

Id try Raylor instead of Danny for once against Wolves.

17 pts in 14 games is equivalent to 46 points in 38 games. Not really relegation stats is it?